St. Patrick's Day in Chicago, "Why are the paddy wagons filled with black people"?

I really didn't care about this thread this morning but had a couple of minutes and responded. Both my kids were born in Chicagoland and I hate the place. Sadly though, and much more important than ol' dickweed posting another racebaiting thread, is the crime stats for this weekend. Those that really matter. There were 41 shootings in the Windy City this weekend, 10 of which were homicides including a 6 year old girl. Now that is something to be outraged about.

and yet, as I understand it, Chicago is one of the very few places in the US where citizens cannot legally possess firearms... (admittedly, I'm probably missing a few facts on this... and somebody will no doubt step up to fill me in...)

Last edited:
I really didn't care about this thread this morning but had a couple of minutes and responded. Both my kids were born in Chicagoland and I hate the place. Sadly though, and much more important than ol' dickweed posting another racebaiting thread, is the crime stats for this weekend. Those that really matter. There were 41 shootings in the Windy City this weekend, 10 of which were homicides including a 6 year old girl. Now that is something to be outraged about.

and yet, as I understand it, Chicago is one of the very few places in the US where citizens cannot legally possess firearms... (admittedly, I'm probably missing a few facts on this... and somebody will no doubt step up to fill me in...)

yep, that's the way I understand it.

yep, that's the way I understand it.

Chicago doesn't recognize the right to bear arms? I was watching a documentary on that city and the strict gun laws are hurting the average citizens from defending themselves, the gang bangers still get their guns, they don't care about these laws. All its doing is making the people there victims.

Forum List

Back