St Louis Secession?

Unless and/or until we can get the courts to review Reynolds v. Sims and repeal the 17th Amendment, I'm thinking allowing major metropolitan areas to become city-states will be the only way to allow rural areas to have any measure of control in state legislatures and in DC. Call it one senator each and 1/2 the Reps a state with the same population would be allocated on Capitol Hill or something along those lines.

Unless and/or until we can get the courts to review Reynolds v. Sims and repeal the 17th Amendment, I'm thinking allowing major metropolitan areas to become city-states will be the only way to allow rural areas to have any measure of control in state legislatures and in DC. Call it one senator each and 1/2 the Reps a state with the same population would be allocated on Capitol Hill or something along those lines.

In terms of "one person, one vote" , rural areas are already overrepresented.

Republics don't require one person, one vote. We're not a democracy at either the state or federal levels.

Republics don't require one person, one vote. We're not a democracy at either the state or federal levels.

Why should someone who lives in the country have more representation than someone living in the city?

Are you arguing that physical space deserves political representation?

No, but by the same token just because a lot of people live in a small area doesn't mean people outside of the cities should be steamrollered in legislatures. NYC controls New York state. California is red outside of LA and SF. Washington is ruled by the Seattle area to the point that rural residents of those states know their votes simply don't matter. The system was never intended to be "city takes all" and wasn't until the court said it was.

I wonder if St. Louis will loan the guy out to Chicago for a while, to help them get their own secession agenda in order.

The sooner that Illinois can dump that shit-hole, the better off they'll be.

Forum List

Back