St. Louis mayor dismisses open carry rally as ‘a scene out of a bad Western’

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

Classic.

Smith and fellow organizer Richard Lofftus, of O’Fallon, Missouri, said they believe a gun-rights amendment passed by voters in August allows open carry for anyone who legally owns a gun.

“There are people here who would be willing to show a permit, and there are people here, like myself, who would not even be willing to say whether or not they have a permit,” Smith said.

Police watched the demonstration but did not check for concealed carry permits.

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay said he hoped legislators would clear up confusion about the law, reported the Riverfront Times, adding that the open carry demonstration showed the law went too far.

“What you saw on the streets of downtown St. Louis today was like a scene out of a bad Western,” Slay said. “We can dismiss the people who protested this morning as extremists who should not be taken seriously. I agree with that. But we have to take this law seriously.”

Nutjobs.

Classic.

Smith and fellow organizer Richard Lofftus, of O’Fallon, Missouri, said they believe a gun-rights amendment passed by voters in August allows open carry for anyone who legally owns a gun.

“There are people here who would be willing to show a permit, and there are people here, like myself, who would not even be willing to say whether or not they have a permit,” Smith said.

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay said he hoped legislators would clear up confusion about the law,
reported the Riverfront Times, adding that the open carry demonstration showed the law went too far.

“What you saw on the streets of downtown St. Louis today was like a scene out of a bad Western,” Slay said. “We can dismiss the people who protested this morning as extremists who should not be taken seriously. I agree with that. But we have to take this law seriously.”

Nutjobs.

A bad western with lower crime rates sounds better than the alternative.
Stupid liberal.

Classic.

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay said he hoped legislators would clear up confusion about the law, reported the Riverfront Times, adding that the open carry demonstration showed the law went too far.

Nutjobs.
The "Nutjobs" are those stupid fuckers in Ferguson that took the law into their own hands.

These open carry supporters are exercising their legal rights.

Come here... :slap:

Classic.

Nutjobs.
Lol, now that's ironic!

Forum List

Back