St. John Bosco Aims To Save $70,000 Per Year With Solar Power

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is how it could be if we adopt solar.

St. John Bosco aims to save 70 000 per year with solar power system on Bellflower campus

Bellflower >> St. John Bosco High School marked its74th anniversary Thursday by celebrating aninvestment in its future.

School officials switched on the school’s new solarpower facility, built by Manhattan Beach companyXero Solar, with a monitoring system from LocusEnergy. The solar facility is expected to save St. JohnBosco $70,000 annually, school officials said at the“Flip the Switch” event to activate the system.
<more>

Cool. When I left California, big wineries were going four times the solar capacity they actually needed. They'd sell the excess power back to the local utility. The colleges should do that too, only I guess making a profit on a start-up solar grid is kind of a cardinal sin on the campus these days.

Oh yea, this is going to save everyone money, except me. I got to pay taxes so the Catholic Church can have free Solar. Try and find the cost of these Solar Panels, I bet you can't.

Our tax dollars are funding the Pope! I now work so that people who want to be good Catholics have electricity. Last time I heard, that was called Marxism.

It also takes water to wash them panels, I guess when it comes to Solar, they can have all the water they want, even while the same people scream drought.

St. John Bosco switches to solar power

These projects are being financed with a combination of state rebates, SCE and Sempra Energy grants,

Oh yea, this is going to save everyone money, except me. I got to pay taxes so the Catholic Church can have free Solar. Try and find the cost of these Solar Panels, I bet you can't.

Our tax dollars are funding the Pope! I now work so that people who want to be good Catholics have electricity. Last time I heard, that was called Marxism.

It also takes water to wash them panels, I guess when it comes to Solar, they can have all the water they want, even while the same people scream drought.

St. John Bosco switches to solar power

These projects are being financed with a combination of state rebates, SCE and Sempra Energy grants,

I think you have a good case for claiming st. john bosco or even the catholic church as a dependent.

With all the incentives and rebates, even God can't resist becoming an energy mogul I guess.

The net cost to the school for installing the system after donations and a state rebate was $602,000.

St. John Bosco aims to save 70 000 per year with solar power system on Bellflower campus

Probably pulled down $100,000 in taxpayer installation rebates, plus another $10K/year in production subsidies. So school will get their money back in 10 yrs or so.. IF -- we're still stupid enough to forking over subsidies.. The taxpayers? Not winning any lotteries here..

MEANWHILE, not a single generator will be taken off line because they are needed for the OTHER 18 hours a day..

Forum List

Back