Sriracha owners considers relocation, offers from Texas and others CA officials "dumb

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Sriracha owners considers relocation, offers from Texas and others CA officials "dumbfounded".

"This seems very extreme said one CA official"

They have been suing him for months, partially shut his factory down months ago ( even tho a judge said there was no Heath threat) They are now suing him for money over 60 complaints and they are unsure if they came from one person or 60.

He installed expensive filters, and has been working with air quality control experts to submit and action plan which he promised by June 1. That was not enough, even though shut down for months, the city just declared it a public nuisance Wednesday.

Tran responded Wednesday to the politicians and business leaders from 10 states and multiple cities in California who have offered to host the Sriracha factory. He invited them to tour the facility in Irwindale and decide if their communities would complain about the odors that arise during production

Sriracha sauce maker considers relocation - latimes.com

The sauce is good, they will survive

Oh, yeah I'm sure they will, the outrage is all over twitter, and people began stockpiling the sauce. Thing is, is where will they survive? He is fed up with his treatment there. 10 states offered him a place to relocate.

The sauce is good, they will survive

Best hot sauce I ever had. The depth of flavors is amazing. My mouth is watering now.

This will be a great story when all the chips are in. They will find a new home in a business friendly state and rock on. Fuck California.

The problem isn't "California", it's the factory's neighbors.

They're the ones filing the complaints.

Yes, I realize that.. the judge shut down the pepper part of the operation months ago. He has not be operating the peppers since November. He put in the expensive filters which an air management company said would stop the odor, and the city came in to see if he could start operating again and said he was not in compliance. He hired a new air management company and promised his action report by June 1, he is still not operating. The city was not happy with that and voted him a public nuisance last week even tho he was still not operating. By voting he is a public nuisance this gives the city the right to come in and install their own equipment and charge him for it.

He seems to be trying or was and the city seems not to be happy with anything, even though he is not operational.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8947769 said:
The problem isn't "California", it's the factory's neighbors.

They're the ones filing the complaints.

Yes, I realize that.. the judge shut down the pepper part of the operation months ago. He has not be operating the peppers since November. He put in the expensive filters which an air management company said would stop the odor, and the city came in to see if he could start operating again and said he was not in compliance. He hired a new air management company and promised his action report by June 1, he is still not operating. The city was not happy with that and voted him a public nuisance last week even tho he was still not operating. By voting he is a public nuisance this gives the city the right to come in and install their own equipment and charge him for it.

He seems to be trying or was and the city seems not to be happy with anything, even though he is not operational.

Any asshole can complain, it's the locale and state though which have the power to make life hell. It matters too, which came first: the factory or the complainer. People love to move places without properly accessing the surrounding environment. You see it a lot with urban douchebags 'going country' and buying an old farmhouse, then bitching to the town that they smell manure. We considered a house a few towns north of where we live now, but it was in poultry country and those chicken and turkey houses stink all to hell, so we decided against living there.

And yes, fuck California. I could be working full time in the film biz but I will not move there.

Forum List

Back