Sri Lankans Stop Eating Fish

Pigs might but would fish? im not sure there are that many that would.

Fish take advantage of bodies all the time. This is why bodies are often thrown into the water, it not only hides the bodies but gets rid of evidence at the same time. Often bodies found in water have been more than half-eaten by the fish and therefore are hard to identify and gather evidence. Especially ocean creatures.

Hobbit said:
It doesn't have anything to do with taste. Corpses breed disease, and thousands die every year from diseased fish. I, personally, don't blame them. It would be like refusing to drink water from a source downhill from a chicken house. It's not the grossness of drinking chicken feces. It's the health risk.

Then the official is wrong?

Many people feared that the fish had fed on human flesh and would be contaminated and lead to disease, but health officials said that was untrue.

"Scientifically, there's nothing to prove that fish caught after the tsunami cannot be consumed," Health Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva told The Associated Press. "It's only a psychological myth that I'm sure will pass with time."

Don't look now folks, but the fact is that practically every species of fish will scavenge in preference to hunting and killing its food. It's easier and requires less energy, plus something that is already dead does not object to being eaten.

The fact that these fish may have eaten human flesh does not bother me one whit. I do not view eating these fish as being tantamount to cannibalism by proxy as some apparently do. Where do you think all the unrecovered bodies from shipwrecks end up? It's quite likely if you eat ocean fish or shellfish you have already eaten something that has eaten human flesh. Bon apetit. :)

Hobbit said:
Not true. It may contain residue due to chicken feces being used as fertilizer or may even contain things processed from feces, but raw feces would kill cows and cause disease in the humans that ate them.
Very true. No, not raw fecis. Geeezzzz!
But it's in the feed..
Consumer reports Jan. 05 page 26-30 "You are what THEY eat".
Check it out.

no1tovote4 said:
After a week fish that had not been recently caught would not be sold on that market. Clearly not every boat was destroyed.
Your answer..is..drum roll please..
"We have been victimized twice over," lamented A.P. Padmasiri, who brought in a truckload of fish but was forced to send it back to cold storage.

Hummmm...cold storage. :)

Forum List

Back