Sports fans won't tolarate a LSU/Bama title game for the NC

Both Stanford and Okla St have minefields in their paths.

Stanford was lucky to get past USC and I predict they will lose to Oregon.

And Notre Dame is capable of beating them also.

Okla St has to play the Sooners.

A LSU/Bama title game would be the death-knell for the BCS.
You so called "sports fans" will enjoy whatever the BCS says you will enjoy. Millions of dollars are at stake in Bowl appearances and they don't need your opinion or input as to who plays. They're gonna' see which teams would get the biggest audience and they'll put them in. Fuck Boise St., Fuck Stanford. "Everybody knows" all the best teams are from the SEC, Isn't that what they tell you all the time?

ESPN will call hype it as "The Game of the Century" and you morons will eat it up! You'll paint your faces team colors, swig the advertised beer and eat the advertised food and yell at the TV all night long.

You'll wake up the next morning and watch the ESPN guys say "That was the greatest game I ever saw", which is their job as sports lapdogs. Then you'll go to work and say "That was the greatest game I ever saw".

And yes, I've been reading Edward Bernays "Propaganda". :lol:

BOTH LSU and Bama are mediocre beyobnd belief

You obviously know nothing about Football. Who is better? Oregon? We already settled that one on the field. Oklahoma State, who just skated by K-State? Penn State?

Even if you hate them, you have to admit that LSU is well coached, big, aggressive, well coached and the best team in the nation right now.

Agreed.LSU has as good a defense as I've seen in a while. Assuming they beat Arkansas, they will have little trouble with the team from the SEC-East in the SEC championship game. Actually, I'd like to let Boise play them in the NC just for shits and giggles; because Boise couldn't score on them, and that would shut up the whiners who claim Boise deserves to play for the NC. I'm not even sure Boise could beat GA if they played them again, and that's only the 4th best team in the SEC! I don't think Stanford, Penn State, Oregon, or OK State could beat Bama or Arkansas right now, much less LSU.

borderlinecrummy teamscompapared to others

LSU vs. (current) BCS #3 - 9-6 (OT)
LSU vs. (current) BCS #6 - 40-27
LSU vs. (current) BCS #20 - 45-10
LSU vs. unranked teams that received AP votes - 47-21
LSU average score vs. remaining 5 opponents - 36 - 7

WINS - 9
LOSSES - ZERO

FIND ME ONE BETTER

You'll have to forgive our offense for having trouble against what is probably the best defense in the land (with LSU a very close second). Whoever Bama plays in the Sugar Bowl is going to get their butts beat at the line. LSU will beat whoever they play in the NC, probably not by more than 2 TD's but they will own the game the entire way.

Last edited:
They pull that shit - the BCS is toast

WTF are you talking about?

Who gives a shit? If those are the two best teams, they should play for the national title.

College football is retarded anyways. Too many dinosaurs stuck in the past with too many dumbass bowl games. Have a playoff system and join the 21st century already.

They pull that shit - the BCS is toast

There won't be an LSU-Bama title game unless both teams win out and Stanford, OSU, Boise St., Oklahoma, and Oregon both wind up with 2 losses. (Am I missing any significant 1 loss teams)? In that extraordinarily unlikely case - LSU/Bama would be fair.

So don't worry about it.

The national championship game has already happened. LSU's op in the SECCG will be easier than Bama, and whatever media blown up patsy they play in the NC will be even easier. Its like a reverse playoff. LSU will beat OSU or Stanford in the NC by at least 2 TD's and will control the game for at least the last 3 quarters - if they wind up with Boise st. it will be massacre.

I disagree. LSU already manhandled Oregon, so they don't get a rematch. In most years I would have stood up for Boise being given an opportunity, but not this year. They just have not been dominating, and we know how weak their competition is. Oklahoma lost to Texas Tech. That is a much worse loss than losing in overtime to the number one team in the country.

Now if Stanford or Oklahoma State remain undefeated, then it will be one of them. However, if they both lose and Bama wins out, I would have no problem with a rematch for the national championship. I can't believe I'm saying this because I hate the SEC, but those are the two best teams in the country.

What WOULD have been awesome is if OT didn't exist and the game had TIED - that would make the thrill of a rematch to hard for pollsters to resist provided both teams win out - one would be 11-0-1 and one would be 12-0-1 (having gone to the SEC championship game and won). Two undefeated teams who TIED in the regular season rematching for the NC would be absurdly exciting.

That's one of many reasons why COLLEGE OT SUCKS They should ELIMINATE it for regular season games and replace it with the playoff version of the NFL's sudden death rule for games that require a champion (NC & conference CGs). Or do a full OT period of 15 minutes, and only if then tied,use the current system (which amounts to penalty kicks).

If OT hadn't existed, there's about a 50% chance the LSU-Bama game would have been decided in regulation, as both coaches would have played more agressively in the end. The other 50% chance would be that they tie - setting up a possible rematch of undefeated teams in the NC.

Last edited:

You obviously know nothing about Football. Who is better? Oregon? We already settled that one on the field. Oklahoma State, who just skated by K-State? Penn State?

Even if you hate them, you have to admit that LSU is well coached, big, aggressive, well coached and the best team in the nation right now.

Agreed.LSU has as good a defense as I've seen in a while. Assuming they beat Arkansas, they will have little trouble with the team from the SEC-East in the SEC championship game. Actually, I'd like to let Boise play them in the NC just for shits and giggles; because Boise couldn't score on them, and that would shut up the whiners who claim Boise deserves to play for the NC. I'm not even sure Boise could beat GA if they played them again, and that's only the 4th best team in the SEC! I don't think Stanford, Penn State, Oregon, or OK State could beat Bama or Arkansas right now, much less LSU.

I agree. People can hate the SEC/LSU all they want. But that doesn't evade the fact that they are the best team in the country. Fundamentally, athletically, and physically. They are just good. Arkansas has a nice little history of upsetting LSU, but if that doesn't happen LSU should be able to beat anyone else in their path.

You just can't get around the fact that they ARE that good and you can see it on the field. They beat Oregon solidly without their starting quarterback. Unlike Ohio State, Oklahoma, and some of the other frequent over-hyped team, they back up the hype on the field and, unless you are blind, you'd have too begrudgingly admit that.

I agree. People can hate the SEC/LSU all they want. But that doesn't evade the fact that they are the best team in the country. Fundamentally, athletically, and physically. They are just good. Arkansas has a nice little history of upsetting LSU, but if that doesn't happen LSU should be able to beat anyone else in their path.

You just can't get around the fact that they ARE that good and you can see it on the field. They beat Oregon solidly without their starting quarterback. Unlike Ohio State, Oklahoma, and some of the other frequent over-hyped team, they back up the hype on the field and, unless you are blind, you'd have too begrudgingly admit that.

We don't need no stinking starting QB!

You can't lose with the nation's best defense. When they aren't keeping the other team from scoring, they're creating easy scoring opportunities for the offense, or scoring themselves outright.

LSU's offense is above average but hardly spectacular- but it doesn't matter, because with LSU's defense any average offense will be able to score.

We don't need no stinking starting QB!

You can't lose with the nation's best defense. When they aren't keeping the other team from scoring, they're creating easy scoring opportunities for the offense, or scoring themselves outright.

LSU's offense is above average but hardly spectacular- but it doesn't matter, because with LSU's defense any average offense will be able to score.

I know. I remember watching them force turn over after turn over against Oregon. Those weren't as much mistakes by Oregon as they were good fundamental football going for the strip after you wrap someone up.

They also open field tackle as well as anyone I've seen play in years.

This was smash mouth football and LSU was three points better. I'd like to see a rematch in the NC.

I really don't see any other team that is good as LSU this year. I'm looking forward to watching Kentucky stomp them in basketball this year.

This was smash mouth football and LSU was three points better. I'd like to see a rematch in the NC.

I really don't see any other team that is good as LSU this year. I'm looking forward to watching Kentucky stomp them in basketball this year.

LOL!

It wouldn't be fair to LSU to make us play the team which LSU has already shown to be nearly as good but not quite as LSU. LSU's already played an NC.

Forum List

Back