Spike Lee does the right thing

TM, I thought this thread was about that idiot racist Spike Lee. Why do you keep bringing up other incidents??

Did your thread not go where you wanted it to so you're trying to re-direct??

It's a typical, TM thread...it starts out by lauding Spike Lee for "doing the right thing" after he'd DONE THE WRONG THING...then it immediatly launched into an attack on conservatives.

Spike Lee is a racist idiot.

Truth Matters is just an idiot.

Spike Lee made a mistake and fixed it.

All your side does is deny anything they do has consequneces

He did not "make a mistake". He informed a mob of what he believed to be the whereabouts of their, the angry mobs, target of hatred. What he did was despicable and irresponsible.

Yes, he took the stage to publicly apologize- after putting peoples lives in danger.

YOU and other lefties fomented for days and days over Loud Mouthed Limbaugh using a sexist analogy- and then apologizing over it... hypocrite much?

Lee apologizing for tweeting the wrong address isn't the point . . . Lee tweeted what he thought was the address of Zimmerman. He did this to inform the angry mobs of where Zimmerman lived, that was his goal, right? WTF is wrong with him? Had it BEEN the right address would the angry mob have gone there and killed him (Zimmerman)? Had it BEEN the right address I highly doubt we'd have heard anything out of the mouth of Lee.

He's a fracking idiot for ever trying to put anyone's address out there for everyone to see. He owes them much more than an apology, he almost got them killed.

Sorry an apology wouldn't be enough for me.

you didnt read the article did you?
Film director Spike Lee has apologized to a Florida couple and agreed to pay their expenses for fleeing their home after they were harassed when he retweeted an address that was described as the home of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot Trayvon Martin.
"Spike Lee did the right thing," the couple’s lawyer, Matt Morgan, tweeted. "The McClain’s claim is fully resolved. Thank you Spike!!!"

stay in the woods moron.

You look like a total apologist moron~ So, again, he did not "make a mistake". He informed a mob of what he believed to be the whereabouts of their, the angry mobs, target of hatred. What he did was despicable and irresponsible.

Yes, he took the stage to publicly apologize- after putting peoples lives in danger. And if that couple or even Zimmerman had been harmed? Lee was an asshole who purposefully acted recklessly and endangered peoples lives-

Again-

YOU and other lefties fomented for days and days over Loud Mouthed Limbaugh using a sexist analogy- and then apologizing over it... hypocrite much?

Im not sure he did the right thing. If he did the right thing, he wouldnt have to apologize and pay a settlement.

But it is optimistic that he did apologize and make ammends. He's just lucky no one acted on his tweet and decided to commit vigilante justice against couple. He can make ammends now, if someone had been hurt or killed, that would be very difficult.

I have to question whether there will be any criminal charges for this. I know he could be charged in PA for reckless endangerment of another person. Im not familiar with Florida State law, but I presume there is probably an equivalant.

He's a fracking idiot for ever trying to put anyone's address out there for everyone to see. He owes them much more than an apology, he almost got them killed.

Sorry an apology wouldn't be enough for me.

No kidding. He needs to stick to acting and leave the real world to the rest of us.

Im not sure he did the right thing. If he did the right thing, he wouldnt have to apologize and pay a settlement.

But it is optimistic that he did apologize and make ammends. He's just lucky no one acted on his tweet and decided to commit vigilante justice against couple. He can make ammends now, if someone had been hurt or killed, that would be very difficult.

Isn't it interesting that when a liberal celebrity screws up like this, an apology is all that is needed. But when a conservative celebrity simply calls somebody a name, why they call for him to be drawn and quartered, and no apology is good enough.

Doing the "right" thing after doing the wrong, idiotic, moronic, fucking dumb as dirt thing is still wrong.

Tell me why is it OK to basically foment violence and murder against a private citizen via Twitter but there's all kinds of outrage when so called celebrities are the brunt of such attacks?

Spike Lee is a fucking little prick asswipe of the first order.

What he said ^
Apologies are good for minor little dumb things we all do. Such a flippant statement is nowhere near enough to make up for his dumbass.
What else could he have done?
Admit what he did in a manner that rises to the occasion.
Something like...

"I apologize for what I have done. I was angry, but that in no way excuses what I did that had the potential of causing great harm to an innocent person(s). I am truly sorry and will never again misuse my fame in such a way."

So people are expected to accept Spike's apology, but they are not expected to accept Rush's?

Rush made an arragant (if not true) coment about a college girl who was lying on the subject (she said Republicans were trying to ban contraceptives, rather they didn't want religious institution to be forced to cover it), Spike put innocent people's life in danger.

Yet we should just accept Spikes, but crucify Rush!:confused:

Lee apologizing for tweeting the wrong address isn't the point . . . Lee tweeted what he thought was the address of Zimmerman. He did this to inform the angry mobs of where Zimmerman lived, that was his goal, right? WTF is wrong with him? Had it BEEN the right address would the angry mob have gone there and killed him (Zimmerman)? Had it BEEN the right address I highly doubt we'd have heard anything out of the mouth of Lee.

Vigilantes are great, if they are on the left, huh? Got it.

stay in the woods moron.

You look like a total apologist moron~ So, again, he did not "make a mistake". He informed a mob of what he believed to be the whereabouts of their, the angry mobs, target of hatred. What he did was despicable and irresponsible.

Yes, he took the stage to publicly apologize- after putting peoples lives in danger. And if that couple or even Zimmerman had been harmed? Lee was an asshole who purposefully acted recklessly and endangered peoples lives-

Again-

look you stupid fuck. I never made a comment on the actions of what SPike did. So do ma a favor and shut the fuck up before you state something so fucking stupid that now i have to come on here and make you look like that fool.

I can't help it if you cant read an article and not educate yourself on a subject.

As for Spike he did something very, very stupid, and now is paying the price for it.Yes he did make a mistake, he got the wrong address. He never should have tweeted the address regardless if it was the right or wrong address.

Se you dumb fuck, That is my opinion of what spike did. I am not a hypocrite you stupid twat.

So go fuck yourself.

Ooooooh, how do you come with these cool comebacks so fast? And such an advanced vocabulary, too. How old are you? 14?

stay in the woods moron.

Again-

look you stupid fuck. I never made a comment on the actions of what SPike did. So do ma a favor and shut the fuck up before you state something so fucking stupid that now i have to come on here and make you look like that fool.

I can't help it if you cant read an article and not educate yourself on a subject.

As for Spike he did something very, very stupid, and now is paying the price for it.Yes he did make a mistake, he got the wrong address. He never should have tweeted the address regardless if it was the right or wrong address.

Se you dumb fuck, That is my opinion of what spike did. I am not a hypocrite you stupid twat.

So go fuck yourself.

Yeah- you are definitely the type to hook up with an angry mob "let's lynch 'em" mentality- Have you considered Xanax?

What Lee did goes beyond mere stupidity- it was morally reprehensible and dangerous. But you just keep on apologizing by claiming it was merely a "mistake".

Spike Lee was lying with a reckless disregard for the truth. Once he learned that he had made a mistake, he refused to take the false information down. Twitter had to do it. After Twitter removed the falseity, he continued to promote the mistake as if it was true until the family got a lawyer. Knowing he was on the hook for a MASSIVE lawsuit, he opted for a quick settlement. There is no stretch of the facts that would indicate he was doing the right thing.

Forum List

Back