Speedy trial

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Freewill, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,944
    How is it that Sandusky gets a trial and convicted so quickly yet the Fort Hood murderer has yet to stand trial? And what about KSM???? Bought a whole prison for him and he confessed yet no trial.

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Interesting question.

Can't even make guess as to why.

3. Dreamy

Dreamy Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430
    The turnaround time was just 11 months from the time the charges were filed to the actual sentencing. Damn fast.

The lawyer for Sandusky had complained that not a single continuance was given to review discovery or documents. The judge did run a tight ship.

4. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,868
    Sandusky was prosecuted by the State of Pennsylvania; Nidal Hasan is subject to military law, and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will be tried by a military tribunal in Guantanamo as a civilian facing Federal charges – three radically different judicial processes.

5. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    Possibly its to gather enough evidence to use against him. Maybe all the evidence was available in the Sandusky case, and more research and evidence is needed in the Fort Hood case. Who knows.

6. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,609
    Both sides can ask for continuances. Prosecution doesn't always get them, defense usually does.

Then there are other tactics - move the venue because the defendant won't get a fair trial, arguing over what will and won't be admitted as evidence, having the defendant undergo medical/psychiatric exams....

7. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,944
    The fort hood shooter stood in open ground and murdered people. What more evidence does some one need? There are games being played, in my opinion.

8. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,657
    I'm scared to death that the "justice" dept is going to move to dismiss the case because of lack of a speedy trial. I wouldn't put it past them to release a jihad terrorist murderer to make a political point. They did classify it as "workplace violence" instead of a terrorist act and that is insulting to the families of the 13 Soldiers who were murdered. It should be noted that mass murderer terrorist Tim McVeigh was put to death within 7 years of the incident and we haven't even brought the jihad Major to trial in three years.

9. longknife

longknife Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,490
    Fort Hood Massacre Trial Delayed Because Of A Beard

by War News Updates Editor at War News Updates: Fort Hood Massacre Trial Delayed Because Of A Beard
    [​IMG]
    Maj. Nidal Hasan, accused of killing 13 people at Fort Hood in 2009

Some Fort Hood Survivors Find Hasan’s Beard A Mockery -- Stars and Stripes

WASHINGTON — That something as banal as facial hair is stalling justice in the Fort Hood shooting case is frustrating some of the families of the victims.

Legal wrangling kept the court-martial against Maj. Nidal Hasan from going forward for more than 2 1/2 years. Then late this summer, victims and their families thought they were finally going to see the Army psychiatrist stand trial for allegedly shooting more than four dozen people on Nov. 5, 2009, at the Texas base.

But Hasan’s newly grown beard has set off yet another set of delays while the courts sorts out whether the judge can legally order him to shave.

Read more ....Some Fort Hood survivors find Hasan

My Comment: After three long years this case is now finally at trial .... and it is delayed because of 'facial hair'. Sighhhh .... such is the legal system in America. My sympathies are for the victims who survived who must now testify in court .... this wait must be putting an extraordinary amount of pressure on them because I am sure that they want this trial and process to be over so that they themselves can move on.

Every time I see a picture of this slug, I want to puke

And, in short, military regulations require him to appear in court in acceptable military uniform - which does not include a beard! His lawyers claim the beard is an expression of his religion protected under the First Amendment.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637
    well, the Fort Hood terrorist has gotten a measure of justice, he's paralysed from the neck down, shitting and pissing all over his evil self.