Special Announcement: Episode III Title

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by insein, Jul 25, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html

Can't wait.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I like the title alright, it's way better than Attack of the Clones, anyway. But, either way, I probably won't see it, AotC was horrible. I guess I'm curious as to whether they end it on a happy or sad note, though.

Funny story abou the new title:
    I heard this from a guy who has a lot of contacts in LA (he's a screenwriter), and he said that the original title for Jedi was Revenge of the Jedi, and Lucasfilms had gone so far as to have promotional material printed up for it before somebody mentioned to Lucas that revenge is completely opposite from the entire way of life for the Jedi, so Lucas quickly changed it to Return. According to this guy, Lucas has mentioned to some people that he named this one so he could finally have a movie with Revenge in the title. But, I've also heard that Lucas knew all along he was going to call it REturn of the Jedi, and he printed up some fake Revenge things just to screw up the poster/toy/etc. bootleggers of the time. Not sure which is true, really.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I though Ep2 was good. Christiansen sucked but i liked everyone else.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I enjoyed the newer Star Wars movies, even though a lot of people have panned them. And I think this is a fitting title - after all, the Sith are about to take over the Empire and the galaxy... can't wait!

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Never saw Episode one, maybe that's why I didn't like Episode II. Episode II just seemed like a whole lot of people standing around talking about stuff that I didn't know or didn't care about, and then in the middle of it there's this super-corny love story. And, in the end, the damn clones never really "attacked" anyway, they just sort of "defended".

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yes. that is why you should go see Episode 1 before you pass judgement. IT explains it a whole lot more. Episode I many people felt was dull basically because it setup 2. I thought they were both good as part of the whole. Episode 3 will probably be the darkest of all 6 of the movies. The title should give that away easily.

7. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Yeah, well, the title of Episode 2 gives the impression that there will be some action in it. Titles can be decieving. Look at 'The Neverending Story'. Oh, it ends!

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I say we make a list of all the stuff that has to happen in Episode III to lead to Episode IV, because Mr. Lucas didn't feel the need to put many relevant parts in the first two movies.

We need to see the decade long Clone War.
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine must crown himself Emperor.
    The Old Republic must be mostly dissolved.
    Need to see the formation of the Rebellion, which is distinctly different than the Separtists movement going in the second movie.
    Need to see the end of that aforementioned Separtist movement.
    Padme and Anakin have to have twins.
    Padme has to die.
    All the Jedi need to be wiped out (save 2).
    Anakin has to turn to the Dark side.
    Dooku has to die. (maybe we'll actually figure out what his story is, but I almost don't care)

Additionally:
    Probably get some early Han/Chewbacca action.
    Probably get some more Bobba Fett story.
    Hopefully get to see Jar Jar's gruesome horrible demise.

Can anyone think of anything else?

I figure instead of the usual 3 short paragraphs at the begining of every other 'Star Wars' movie, in Episode III we'll be treated to about 30 minutes of text scrolling across the screen, and the movie itself will be 8-10 hours long. That might take care of it.

9. deciophobic

deciophobic Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mind

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    We'll likely read about the first part of the Clone War in the opening scroll.
    The Republic need not be dissolved - the Emperor dissolves the Senate in Episode 4 ANH (this is mentioned in a meeting on the Death Star) so as long as he has the ultimate power, no need to dissolve the structure of the gov't.
    We'll have to see Anakin start to morph into Darth Vader after he turns to the Sith.
    Padme will likely be pregnant at the start of the movie. We have to see Obi-Wan hide the two kids, and hide out himself, while fooling the Dark Side into thinking he is dead so he can hide out until ANH.
    I think the Jedi's stand against the Empire will coincide with the rise of the Rebellion - the Separatists will be killed off or assimilated, well, separately.