Speaking of Food stamps, and their link to Ag Bill. This sorta concerns me

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
The USA is 1 of a half a dozen countries that produces more food than it consumes. If that dynamic ever changes; everything else that we think is a problem in this country would pale insignificance compared to a shortage of food.
I haven't seen anything from this pres. that encourages agriculture.
In fact everything that is going on around me from the gov. is stifling it.

US farm incomes cut by half as low grain prices bite - FT.com

Libs....Obama has created millions and millions of jobs.
Reality.... many Americans are not working still.
Libs....The recovery has been historic...unprecedented in American history....
Reality....limping along at 2 % growth.
Libs....we are so proud a record number of Americans are on Food stamps...Dems help people....
Reality....Is this something to really be proud of.I mean people need help I'm sure but should they get assistance or maybe jobs would be better.

People are already hungrier than they were when Obama started. The plan is to cultivate acceptable die off by controlling food and medical care.

"The plan is to cultivate acceptable die off by controlling food and medical care." :cuckoo:

By their very nature, talking points get repeated over and over in campaigns, so get ready to hear this one a lot in the run-up to the 2016 primaries.

But meantime...Is it true?

And if so, does it mean Obama has failed America's poor?

The numbers

...the number of people in poverty has gone up by 6 million since President Obama took office.

13.2 percent of Americans were in poverty in 2008. As of 2013, it was 14.5 percent.

Of course, the number that makes more sense to compare is the poverty rate — after all, while the number of Americans in poverty has grown, so has the total number of Americans.

still, it's worth pointing out that the number of Americans in poverty fell substantially between 2012 and 2013 — by nearly 1.2 million. The poverty rate is also falling. The latest figure — 14.5 percent in 2013 — was down from 15.1 percent in 2010.

Fact Check: Is It Obama's Fault That Poverty Has Grown?

"The plan is to cultivate acceptable die off by controlling food and medical care." :cuckoo:

By their very nature, talking points get repeated over and over in campaigns, so get ready to hear this one a lot in the run-up to the 2016 primaries.

But meantime...Is it true?

And if so, does it mean Obama has failed America's poor?

The numbers

...the number of people in poverty has gone up by 6 million since President Obama took office.

13.2 percent of Americans were in poverty in 2008. As of 2013, it was 14.5 percent.

Of course, the number that makes more sense to compare is the poverty rate — after all, while the number of Americans in poverty has grown, so has the total number of Americans.

still, it's worth pointing out that the number of Americans in poverty fell substantially between 2012 and 2013 — by nearly 1.2 million. The poverty rate is also falling. The latest figure — 14.5 percent in 2013 — was down from 15.1 percent in 2010.

Fact Check: Is It Obama's Fault That Poverty Has Grown?
They raised the poverty rate, you fucking odiot.

Forum List

Back