Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s new debt limit negotiating proposal will include broad moves to restrict food assistance for millions of low-income Americans

WE WILL CRASH THE ECONOMY UNLESS YOU AGREE TO CUT NUTRITION ASSISTANCE FOR POOR CHILDREN does not feel like a winning strategy to me. Americans just aren't that mean. They want to help poor, hungry children.

Oh no…
People have to work for food? Man that seems crazy.

Let me in on something my old man said about a guy holding a sign “will work for food”.

WTF does this asshole think we’re all doing out here? We’re all working for food, and homes, and cars. We work for food every fucking day you moron. Your stupid fucking sign doesn’t make me care about you you asshole, I’m doing the same thing by doing a fucking job, to get money, for food. See how that works?

By your own article Germany eighth the size of US has pledged $171billion....

Seriously, are you going there...

By the way Germany has also take over a million refugees...
Damn, guess that $171 billion won't be getting invested in the U.S. or Germany.

You're an incredibly stupid asshole. I grew up in the ghetto. I witnessed this shit for decades.

It's clueless assholes like you who have developed a victim's mentality within large worthless segments of our population.

If you want to throw away your own money, go for it. But keep your thieving hands off my money.

Now, have a nice day and go eat shit.
Somebody sounds triggered!

Some people didn't want to spend trillions in Iraq.

That is how democracy works...

they didnt? It costs a Trillion to keep them ready to go. Drinking coffee in Ft. Lenoardwood.

Iraq was simply field exercises. a bit extra spent on live munitions, travel, logistics.

It’d be nice to have that 2t in tax revenue Trump gave away

totally irresponsible comment not backed up by any facts. GOVT revenu increased after Tax overhaul. Piglousy & Schumer stuck in the ~2% upper tax reduction last two weeks of tax fight to offset SALT cap at $10K as it hurt NY & CA elitiist the most.

this starch guy posted similar nonsense in other Tax revenue topics. He is in danger of being ignored by many who use ignore.

advice: dont post such nonsense. Try to mix in a good one every now and then?

Republicans realize they can’t pass their draconian cuts in social services during the annual budget process. They don’t have the votes.

So they are substituting forcing Default threat to get the cuts they want.

Our President, wisely, will not fall for it

Republicans realize they can’t pass their draconian cuts in social services during the annual budget process. They don’t have the votes.

So they are substituting forcing Default threat to get the cuts they want.

Our President, wisely, will not fall for it
What’s wrong with requiring able-bodied people to work in order to receive government charity programs? Clinton was all for that - but that was before the Left wanted to bring down the country,

”You don’t work, you don’t eat.” With exceptions for disabled and mothers of very young children, we’d see a big improvement in the number of people willing to take jobs instead of hanging out on the street corner.

Some people didn't want to spend trillions in Iraq.

That is how democracy works...
Democracy will always fail when the 51% find out they can use the government to steal from the 49% and that is what goddamn welfare is all about and it is despicable.

You pay your bills and I will pay mine and we will leave the government out of it. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than you using the government to steal my money to pay your bills?

What’s wrong with requiring able-bodied people to work in order to receive government charity programs? Clinton was all for that - but that was before the Left wanted to bring down the country,

”You don’t work, you don’t eat.” With exceptions for disabled and mothers of very young children, we’d see a big improvement in the number of people willing to take jobs instead of hanging out on the street corner.

People who have good paying jobs do not need welfare.

People who have good paying jobs do not need welfare.
You said that already. We are talking about people who won’t work AT ALL - and then expect other people to pay for their food.

As far as having good-paying jobs, that’s up to the person. He or she can always take advantage of Pell Grants to get some sort of vocational training, at least, and make $30 an hour. That’s $60,000 a year - quite livable.

You said that already. We are talking about people who won’t work AT ALL - and then expect other people to pay for their food.

As far as having good-paying jobs, that’s up to the person. He or she can always take advantage of Pell Grants to get some sort of vocational training, at least, and make $30 an hour. That’s $60,000 a year - quite livable.

The biggest fault is with employers who pay so little that the taxpayer has to provide welfare to its employees

The idea that you have to work to get welfare is laughable.
People who work should not require the public to support them

The biggest fault is with employers who pay so little that the taxpayer has to provide welfare to its employees

The idea that you have to work to get welfare is laughable.
People who work should not require the public to support them
I’d rather pay a smaller amount to subsidize unskilled, uneducated people who are willing to WORK than a larger amount to lazy, entitled people who refuse to take a job.

You leftists have a very limited understanding of economics- especially those of you who worked for the government. Some jobs just aren‘t worth much. If your raise their pay, you have to raise everyone else’s - and then prices skyrocket. Then you have to keep raising and raising. Before you know it, a McDonald’s employee who can’t even figure out how to key in a “mocha coffee” and has to get her supervisor (happened yesterday) will be earning $80,000 a year and a Combo Meal will cost $25.

Forum List

Back