Spain Funds IEDs and Suicide Belts

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by onedomino, Mar 17, 2005.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=15107_The_European_Ransom_Craze#comments

2. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    I thought when I was growing up, 80s, 90s, that very few if any states paid ransoms. Or maybe it was just not reported. I thought most countries believed in not giving money to people who kidnapp for fear it would fund their radical causes.

This is sad. I know the desire to free a loved one, but you are only encouraging others to be kidnapped and very likely killed.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    The pacifist Europeans know very well that their payment of ransom is not going to stop the terrorists from kidnapping others and demanding more money in the future. They know that their ransom money will just be used to buy more arms to kill more people. Instead of determining to fight these fiends from hell and put an end to their reign of terror, they take the coward’s way out—pay the ransom and withdraw their troops—and then hope and pray that the terrorists will just leave them alone. Reminds me of businessmen who are willing to pay racketeers for forced “protection”.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I never viewed the Spanish as cowards. But by now I'm beginning to think they could give your average frenchman a run for his money.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,233
    Years back I wanted to travel old europe. But now, I'm going to trapse over every square inch of America, and then do it again. I have no desire left to travel outside of America.

It's my seperatist attitude kicking in, 't hell with all these other guttless, terrorist appeasing, liberal, America hating, bastard countries.

6. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Pathetic ****

Post edited by moderator. Removed offensive, sexist, and stupid reference.

Warning to poster - that's one. Second one will get you banned

merlin1047

7. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You insult every country in the world then wonder why Americans are unliked. You believe the hollywood hype surrounding your soldiers that they are invincible yet in reality american soldiers only win wars when they have superior numbers.This is how the world see,s you.I have know conscript armies with better discipline and better training.Only hollywood makes you believe what the rest of the world does not see.You have no officers that has foresight with the only tactic being keep pouring men in it doesnt matter how many die.When we went to the gulf we were more scared of the american stupidity handling live ammo than the iraqis.You are the most racist people i have had the misfortune to meet and so one eyed its unbelievable.Everyone is an enemy.Right

8. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    Are you referring to every american? If so, buddy, you need serious help. Let me know before I and others slam you all over this board for most racist and full of shite post.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Here's a little insight for you - a great many of us don't give a rat's ass what you Euroweenies think of us - especially envious little piggies like you. Let's see what your tune will be when muslim nutbars finally get around to turning their attention on you and your country. I certainly hope that your response will be a bit more positive than the french and Spanish.

You disparage our soldiers but you have to resort to cheap insults and outright lies to do it. You are either woefully ignorant or simply a habitual liar.

Pale Rider simply stated he disliked "guttless, terrorist appeasing, liberal, America hating, bastard countries". Apparently you felt yourself lumped in with that statement. Why is that? Did he strike a nerve there? Maybe he got uncomfortably close to the truth and you can't stand it?

Besides, why would any American want to travel to Europe or the UK these days when it will only result in meeting more people like you?

So shove your crumpet - sideways.

10. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Reading posts from Europeans, I get the feeling that you think we don't know why other people dislike America. We do know. We just don't care. Sometimes being right is a little more important than being popular.