SpaceX docks!! Thank you Nasa...oops I mean FREE Enterprise...

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
excellent job. no thx nasa...

Dragon arrives at space station in historic 1st

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — The privately bankrolled Dragon capsule made a historic arrival at the International Space Station on Friday, triumphantly captured by astronauts wielding a giant robot arm.

SpaceX is the first private company to accomplish such a feat: a commercial cargo delivery into the cosmos.

"There's so much that could have gone wrong and it went right," said an elated Elon Musk, the billionaire maestro of SpaceX.

"This really is, I think, going to be recognized as a significantly historical step forward in space travel — and hopefully the first of many to come."

more at-

Dragon arrives at space station in historic 1st - Yahoo! News

Sheesh. No thanks to NASA, eh. Just who developed the technology?

This is like saying that the early wagon trains got to Oregon, no thanks to the Corps of Discovery.

The commercialization of space is the logical outgrowth of government programs that were in place when the exploration was too risky, with no reasonable timeline for a profit, for private enterprise. You fellows that are so wrapped up in your stupid ideology that you cannot percieve the reality of the triumphs of our government agencies.

excellent job. no thx nasa...

Dragon arrives at space station in historic 1st

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — The privately bankrolled Dragon capsule made a historic arrival at the International Space Station on Friday, triumphantly captured by astronauts wielding a giant robot arm.

SpaceX is the first private company to accomplish such a feat: a commercial cargo delivery into the cosmos.

"There's so much that could have gone wrong and it went right," said an elated Elon Musk, the billionaire maestro of SpaceX.

"This really is, I think, going to be recognized as a significantly historical step forward in space travel — and hopefully the first of many to come."

more at-

Dragon arrives at space station in historic 1st - Yahoo! News

No thanks at all to NASA. You know, other then funding the whole thing with a 1.8B dollar check.

Forum List

Back