Southern Baptist Leaders Call For Integrated Churches!

Should White and Black Southern Baptists Unite into one church?

• No. it would cause strife!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it is in keeping with the faith!

• No. The races should not mix...EVER!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Supposedly, the bible unites all of the Christian faith, but can any reasonable mind not deny that this very book has caused more derision amongst its followers than any other? All organized Christian religions are like all other companies on our planet . . . they simply worship the almighty dollar; however, in their case, they do so through their tax-exempt surrogate Christ. ~ Susan
1 Corinthians 1 10-13 KJV - Now I beseech you brethren by the - Bible Gateway

The bible isn't meant to unite people. It is meant to teach and exhort people into following God and obtaining the Holy Spirit so they can learn directly from the Lord.

It's the Holy Spirit that unites people. He speaks the Word of God to our souls.

Last edited:
I should think that if anyone of any race walked into any church that they would not be rejected.
People of all color (crackers included) tend to congregate among themselves for a variety of reasons, worship included.
Thanks for your input but the op focus of the op is not about someone of a different race walking into a church and being accepted as a casual observer and worshipper. I'm talking about active social and cultural intermingling in every phase of church operations. This unprecedented gesture suggests far more than a mere cursory offer, it is a gesture that may shake the very foundations of neo-Conservatism if realized!
So you're talking about a LOT of someones doing what I posited.

Rosa Parks was one someone who started something that eventually became a lot of someones.

This is not a civil rights issue or a demand by Blacks to be integrated into the White Southern Baptist church empire. This is an initiative by a group of White ministers to reach out to Black Christians who might see a benefit to joining White Christians in combating racism and other social upheavals.This is the best thing I've seen in that regard. Your post suggests that Blacks are just hankering to join a White congregation and have been actively protesting to reach that goal....that is NOT the case at all! This is a quiet revolution from the White side f the family! And don't forget! The SBC has already set a precedent by electing their first Black president, Rev Fred Luter,Jr.

I agree. It seems like a good move.

The one flaw with government imposed desegregation is it doesn't heal as much as a voluntary desegregation. It often just pushes negative feelings underground

Who cares what this heretical abomination of a "church" thinks? They are apostates and renegades from the one true holy Catholic Church. So of course they are incensed with this shallow americanism and racial materialism, both of which are sins. Those who lie in sin beget sin so this is no surprise.

They need to focus less on earthly material things like race, and more on things spiritual like their salvation and eternal life, which is in limbo at the moment.

They are focusing on spiritual things. They are focused on building community and loving their neighbor. Implementing the two great commandments in one's life is the greatest source of spiritually

The whole point of religion is to exclude others. The very definition of religion is to set one's self apart.

10410998_1543003189272586_8870783841877999822_n_zpsc2c7a6a4.jpg

The whole point of religion is to commune with God.

And please don't pretend to be a disciple of Gandhi. He loved religion. He loved all religions.

Who cares what this heretical abomination of a "church" thinks? They are apostates and renegades from the one true holy Catholic Church. So of course they are incensed with this shallow americanism and racial materialism, both of which are sins. Those who lie in sin beget sin so this is no surprise.

They need to focus less on earthly material things like race, and more on things spiritual like their salvation and eternal life, which is in limbo at the moment.

I am trying to remain as objective a I can here but your blistering indictment of Protestantism must be answered straightforwardly. The underlying theme of my response is based on the hallowed words of none other than Jesus Christ when He saved a woman from stoning. The accusers, being Jews operating under the Law of Moses, brought the woman before Jesus so as to set Him up for apostasy, thinking He would contradict the Law and damn Himself. The tricksters formulated their plan around a question specifically designed for their nefarious purpose. Here is the KJV of that exchange:

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Indeed! The application for this message here is that the Catholic church is NOT without sin; so , hold your stones.
Talk about a total butchering of scripture. That passage does not mean don't judge people, or don't speak of sin when you see it. In this passage, Christ implies we be merciful towards sinners and help them repent and find the truth. By your logic, you should just let individuals live in sin, we shouldn't evangelize. To not help them find Christ, by first pointing out their sin and then correcting it, is not loving or merciful. It is not merciful or loving to do nothing and stand by as others risk their eternal soul.

You're absolutely right. So repent of your pride and humble yourself before the Lord. Because pride will destroy you

I am trying to remain as objective a I can here but your blistering indictment of Protestantism must be answered straightforwardly. The underlying theme of my response is based on the hallowed words of none other than Jesus Christ when He saved a woman from stoning. The accusers, being Jews operating under the Law of Moses, brought the woman before Jesus so as to set Him up for apostasy, thinking He would contradict the Law and damn Himself. The tricksters formulated their plan around a question specifically designed for their nefarious purpose. Here is the KJV of that exchange:

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Indeed! The application for this message here is that the Catholic church is NOT without sin; so , hold your stones.
Talk about a total butchering of scripture. That passage does not mean don't judge people, or don't speak of sin when you see it. In this passage, Christ implies we be merciful towards sinners and help them repent and find the truth. By your logic, you should just let individuals live in sin, we shouldn't evangelize. To not help them find Christ, by first pointing out their sin and then correcting it, is not loving or merciful. It is not merciful or loving to do nothing and stand by as others risk their eternal soul.

You're absolutely right. So repent of your pride and humble yourself before the Lord. Because pride will destroy you
Pride? That has no context in this post. This is not about boosting my ego. This is a discussion on heresy and sin. For the sake of their own souls and for the sake of reuniting Christ's divided flock. It is very clear in Matthew that Peter is the rock on which Christ builds the one true Catholic Church. These people need to come home.

They are focusing on spiritual things. They are focused on building community and loving their neighbor. Implementing the two great commandments in one's life is the greatest source of spiritually
What they are focusing on is promoting the decadent American establishment's version of "diversity", which certainly doesn't foster community, certainly no organic community. They are promoting a notion of "black victimhood" and "white racism", this makes them no more than a mouthpiece for the establishment and the state, and in reality dividing people with this charged rhetoric. It promotes false stereotypes that promote a false narrative and put none them closer to salvation for it.

If they think they will find salvation by having the "correct" racial demographics in the pews, they have another thing coming.

Yea, like synagogues and mosques integrating. I can see that happening. Or like queers marching into a mosque demanding the Mullah marry them. It's just a matter of weeks before we see that. Or like two queers going to a Muslim orphanage demanding their "right" to get their hands on a little boy. Hey what's that falling from the top of the Chrysler Building? Are those people? Great thread. So realistic. Been fun. Toodles.

Erm, Judaism and Islam are not the same religion despite the fact that they pray to the same god. On the other hand, there really is very little difference between Baptist denominations outside of politics, culture and race.

they don't pray to the same god.

Yea, like synagogues and mosques integrating. I can see that happening. Or like queers marching into a mosque demanding the Mullah marry them. It's just a matter of weeks before we see that. Or like two queers going to a Muslim orphanage demanding their "right" to get their hands on a little boy. Hey what's that falling from the top of the Chrysler Building? Are those people? Great thread. So realistic. Been fun. Toodles.

Erm, Judaism and Islam are not the same religion despite the fact that they pray to the same god. On the other hand, there really is very little difference between Baptist denominations outside of politics, culture and race.

On what planet?

On what planet?

you honestly believe they pray to the same god? You cannot be serious....

On what planet?

you honestly believe they pray to the same god? You cannot be serious....

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all pray to the imaginary god of Abraham. So yes, they are praying to the same imaginary god.

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

Talk about a total butchering of scripture. That passage does not mean don't judge people, or don't speak of sin when you see it. In this passage, Christ implies we be merciful towards sinners and help them repent and find the truth. By your logic, you should just let individuals live in sin, we shouldn't evangelize. help them find Christ, by first pointing out their sin and then correcting it, is not loving or merciful. It is not merciful or loving to do nothing and stand by as others risk their eternal soul.

If taken literally, the passage conveys my message precisely. I used it to make an analogy between your casting of verbal stones and the stones being readied for casting at the adulteress in the mentioned scripture.

Christ may have implied what you said but I believe His words were clear and need no further interpretation in the context of defining our forgoing exchange.

Your frustration is becoming a distraction as indicated by your willingness to posit a baseless
ad-hominem instead of a solid argument:

Where did I write or post anything close to giving you license to say my logic supports doing nothing to reach out to sinners? As a Christian, I subscribe to the doctrine that Christ has called on us to be fishermen of men. You are way of base with your faulty analysis of my logic. It is yours that falters in the face of my preceding testaments .

Last edited:
the only imaginary god is in islam. And the Jews don't think Jesus is God. Either do muslims; they are both the same only in that both are WRONG.

What you mean to say, I think, is that neither Islam nor Judaism recognize the trinity. So what? They both recognize yahweh (the god of ancient Israel and Judah, the god of Abraham) as their god, as does Christianity.

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

Talk about a total butchering of scripture. That passage does not mean don't judge people, or don't speak of sin when you see it. In this passage, Christ implies we be merciful towards sinners and help them repent and find the truth. By your logic, you should just let individuals live in sin, we shouldn't evangelize. help them find Christ, by first pointing out their sin and then correcting it, is not loving or merciful. It is not merciful or loving to do nothing and stand by as others risk their eternal soul.

If taken literally, the passage conveys my message precisely. I used it to make an analogy between your casting of verbal stones and the stones being readied for casting at the adulteress in the mentioned scripture.

Christ may have implied what you said but I believe His words were clear and need no further interpretation in the context of defining our forgoing exchange.

Your frustration is becoming a distraction as indicated by your willingness to posit a baseless

Where did I write or post anything close to giving you license to say my logic supports doing nothing to reach out to sinners? As a Christian, I subscribe to the doctrine that Christ has called on us to be fishermen of men. You are way of base with your faulty analysis of my logic. It is yours that falters in the face of my preceding testaments .
You arent taking the passage "literally", nor are you addressing the context. You are just perverting one passage to fit your libetal relativistic world view.The issue in John 8 was that an adulterer a woman was caught in the sinful act. According to the Law of Moses she was to be stoned. The men who were to stone her leave after jesus spoke in 8:7. Jesus tells her to go forth and sin no more. Jesus in John 8 calls her a sinner, and tells her to sin no more. He then goes onto day those who follow him will have eternal life. So when you abandon the catholic church he built and established with peter you are putting your eternal life at risk. So this idea we cant identify and try to correct sin when we see it or we are throwing stones is absurd and has no basis in scripture. Whoever told you this is selling you a bill of goods and does not have your best interests at heart.

And back on thread.... Not necessarily. Have you been to some down-home Black Southern Baptist Revivals?

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

You arent taking the passage "literally", nor are you addressing the context. You are just perverting one passage to fit your libetal relativistic world view.The issue in John 8 was that an adulterer a woman was caught in the sinful act. According to the Law of Moses she was to be stoned. The men who were to stone her leave after jesus spoke in 8:7. Jesus tells her to go forth and sin no more. Jesus in John 8 calls her a sinner, and tells her to sin no more. He then goes onto day those who follow him will have eternal life. So when you abandon the catholic church he built and established with peter you are putting your eternal life at risk. So this idea we cant identify and try to correct sin when we see it or we are throwing stones is absurd and has no basis in scripture. Whoever told you this is selling you a bill of goods and does not have your best interests at heart.

Yo can run but you cannot hide. I see that I am going to have to actually re-copy and post the part of your vituperative narrative that the stoning analogy applies to. I'm going to have to draw it out for you so that even a person that believed earth was the center of the universe years ago would understand.

When you said:

That was stone throwing. You affixed yourself as the spokesman for he Catholic church here and thereby took responsibility for the the evils committed by and assigned to Catholicism; that is , for the purpose of this discussion. As the hurler of stones at Protestant churches, you should have weighed your indignation against the blood of innocents spilled by the Catholic Church..and that is putting it mildly. You did not do that; so, I took the liberty of posting John 8 and highlighting in red the part that applied to your "stone throwing" as quoted above.

You excoriate the Protestants as being apostates and renegades, incensed with shallow americanism and racial materialism. I tend to agree with that premise and have posted similar indictments....However, I see those same social vulnerabilities exposed in Catholicism. If the stone throwing analogy doesn't work for you here, then try to get out of that glass house before launching more earth apples!

KJV said:
John 8==KJV

Yo can run but you cannot hide. I see that I am going to have to actually re-copy and post the part of your vituperative narrative that the stoning analogy applies to. I'm going to have to draw it out for you so that even a person that believed earth was the center of the universe years ago would understand.

When you said:

That was stone throwing. You affixed yourself as the spokesman for he Catholic church here and thereby took responsibility for the the evils committed by and assigned to Catholicism; that is , for the purpose of this discussion. As the hurler of stones at Protestant churches, you should have weighed your indignation against the blood of innocents spilled by the Catholic Church..and that is putting it mildly. You did not do that; so, I took the liberty of posting John 8 and highlighting in red the part that applied to your "stone throwing" as quoted above.

You excoriate the Protestants as being apostates and renegades, incensed with shallow americanism and racial materialism. I tend to agree with that premise and have posted similar indictments....However, I see those same social vulnerabilities exposed in Catholicism. If the stone throwing analogy doesn't work for you here, then try to get out of that glass house before launching more earth apples!
I have run into quite a few protestants who claim to be "biblical literalists. By the way, citing your "biblical literalist" background as though it somehow makes you an authority on the scripture you cite shows your ahistorical background as it pertains to Christianity. Throughout the history of Christianity, whether it be St.Augustine or Thomas Aquinas or many in between, have never adhered to a literalist interpretation of scripture. They recognize that in the Bible, their at metaphors and parables along with historical accounts and that one should be able to discern the difference. This biblical literalism is not even a manifestation of the Reformation, but of 19th century Protestant so called "fundamentalism". It is a concept made out of thin air with no philosophical or dogmatic basis in Church teaching.

Anyways, back on point.

I show you the context, and what is mean by throwing stones, and you cotniue to use this definition that has basis in scripture. For a "biblical literalist", you seem to prescribe many of your preconceived notions to scripture where it doesn't exist. Instead of opening your heart to scripture, you just have your moral philosophy and try to clumsily fit Bible verses together to conform to it. The point of the passage is not to say, "don't judge", in John 7:24, we are told to judge righteously and not by appearance. In Corrinthians 6 9:10, Paul is very judgemental about who will not enter Heaven. By your definition he, in laying out one of the foundations for Christianity, he is throwing stones.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Christ is not telling us, "don't judge". He is saying to be forgiving of sinners and to help lead them on a righteous path.

You are entirely mischaracterizing me, and perverting Christian doctrine in the process. No where did I claim to ever speak on behalf of the Church. Thus, the very foundation of your argument is null, thus the argument is nullified. But I will accept your premise and from there deconstruct it to try and disavow you of this false notion you have. You claim that one who sins cannot point out the sins of others, and call on them to walk away from sin. By your logic, now man, as we are all sinful, could name the sin and tell the sinner to change their path. Paul when he was Saul lead of life of sin, so you are saying that for his sinful past, he cannot rebuke others for their sin, or identify it? Also by your logic, since I am a Catholic and certain Church leaders in the past have sinned and deviated from the teachings of the Church, I have to pay the wages of their sin and allow it to fester in others by remaining silent? This goes entirely against the biblical notion in both the Old and New Testament of opposing the concept of the "Sins of the Father". The fact that I have to pay the wages of Catholics who deviated from doctrine and who came before me by "not judging" goes against the very spirit of the Bible.

And you still didn't respond to how by your definition of "stone throwing" how Jesus doesn't fit that very definition in John 8. Jesus calls the woman a sinner, calls for her to leave her leave her life of sin, and that she must follow him to find eternal life. I have done nothing different that what Jesus did in John 8,. Do you condemn Christ for throwing stones?

When you said:

I have run into quite a few protestants who claim to be "biblical literalists. By the way, citing your "biblical literalist" background as though it somehow makes you an authority on the scripture you cite shows your ahistorical background as it pertains to Christianity. Throughout the history of Christianity, whether it be St.Augustine or Thomas Aquinas or many in between, have never adhered to a literalist interpretation of scripture. They recognize that in the Bible, their at metaphors and parables along with historical accounts and that one should be able to discern the difference. This biblical literalism is not even a manifestation of the Reformation, but of 19th century Protestant so called "fundamentalism". It is a concept made out of thin air with no philosophical or dogmatic basis in Church teaching.

Anyways, back on point.

I show you the context, and what is mean by throwing stones, and you cotniue to use this definition that has basis in scripture. For a "biblical literalist", you seem to prescribe many of your preconceived notions to scripture where it doesn't exist. Instead of opening your heart to scripture, you just have your moral philosophy and try to clumsily fit Bible verses together to conform to it. The point of the passage is not to say, "don't judge", in John 7:24, we are told to judge righteously and not by appearance. In Corrinthians 6 9:10, Paul is very judgemental about who will not enter Heaven. By your definition he, in laying out one of the foundations for Christianity, he is throwing stones.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Christ is not telling us, "don't judge". He is saying to be forgiving of sinners and to help lead them on a righteous path.

You are entirely mischaracterizing me, and perverting Christian doctrine in the process. No where did I claim to ever speak on behalf of the Church. Thus, the very foundation of your argument is null, thus the argument is nullified. But I will accept your premise and from there deconstruct it to try and disavow you of this false notion you have. You claim that one who sins cannot point out the sins of others, and call on them to walk away from sin. By your logic, now man, as we are all sinful, could name the sin and tell the sinner to change their path. Paul when he was Saul lead of life of sin, so you are saying that for his sinful past, he cannot rebuke others for their sin, or identify it? Also by your logic, since I am a Catholic and certain Church leaders in the past have sinned and deviated from the teachings of the Church, I have to pay the wages of their sin and allow it to fester in others by remaining silent? This goes entirely against the biblical notion in both the Old and New Testament of opposing the concept of the "Sins of the Father". The fact that I have to pay the wages of Catholics who deviated from doctrine and who came before me by "not judging" goes against the very spirit of the Bible.

And you still didn't respond to how by your definition of "stone throwing" how Jesus doesn't fit that very definition in John 8. Jesus calls the woman a sinner, calls for her to leave her leave her life of sin, and that she must follow him to find eternal life. I have done nothing different that what Jesus did in John 8,. Do you condemn Christ for throwing stones?

Your most recent post is well written but the last paragraph gets to the core of our disagreement. I'll address that to avoid a long drawn out off topic rebuttal of he entire narrative. First of all, You are the stone thrower so
you cannot suddenly morph into the role of Jesus in this scenario. I've pointed out the "stones" you've hurled and the evidence has been exposed to any who read this exchange. You see yourself as voicing the ideals and philosophy of Jesus but that is impossible: the thrown stones have been taken in evidence. That evidence undermines your attempt to portray yourself in the role of the Jesus in John 8 . Jesus did not at anytime belittle or attempt to besmirch the Jews who would stone the adulteress. That would have been figurative "stone throwing: The same as you did in your opening salvo against Protestants in this very thread.

Had you truly wanted to respond to the op with an honest answer to the question posed, this present dialogue would not have been necessary. You wanted an argument in which you could voice your frustrations against Protestants for having abandoned Catholicism. Your negativism speaks for itself and I will note that you are against the consolidation of Protestant churches unless it is under the auspices of Catholicism. Fair enough?

the only imaginary god is in islam. And the Jews don't think Jesus is God. Either do muslims; they are both the same only in that both are WRONG.

What you mean to say, I think, is that neither Islam nor Judaism recognize the trinity. So what? They both recognize yahweh (the god of ancient Israel and Judah, the god of Abraham) as their god, as does Christianity.

So what? God is one, in three persons- you reject one part of the trinity you reject God.

Forum List

Back