South Carolina governor's plane use questioned

Okay he is the governor. You can throw him out of the party of you like but that doesn't change the fact that he is still the governor. Anjd the governor in most though not all states is the head of the party in that state which mnakes the task of ridding ourself of him even more difficult.

You will note that the cat from Tennessee is still calling himself a Republican.

Okay he is the governor. You can throw him out of the party of you like but that doesn't change the fact that he is still the governor. Anjd the governor in most though not all states is the head of the party in that state which mnakes the task of ridding ourself of him even more difficult.

You will note that the cat from Tennessee is still calling himself a Republican.

Where is the GOP leadership on this? How many GOP "principles" are they going to allow Sanford to compromise before they step in? Will they ever step in?

According to state budget law, "Any and all aircraft owned or operated by agencies of the State Government shall be used only for official business."

Records reviewed by the AP show that since he took office in 2003, the two-term Republican has taken trips on state aircraft to locations of his children's sporting events, hair and dentist appointments, political party gatherings and a birthday party for a campaign donor.

And the gOP wants to bitch about government waste and spending? Can you say hypocrite?

S.C. governor's plane use questioned - More politics- msnbc.com

I don't even want to hear this crap unless they're going to question ALL public official's use of transportation at taxpayer expense. If this guy's wrong, bust him. Just don't leave off the rest, starting with the Speaker of House.

didn't the democwats house just vote to order up themselves a whole fleet of private luxury jets?? all just for conducting the people's business??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

now can you say hypocrite???

I don't even want to hear this crap unless they're going to question ALL public official's use of transportation at taxpayer expense. If this guy's wrong, bust him. Just don't leave off the rest, starting with the Speaker of House.

I agree wholeheartedly. But stop beating up on Obama for spending and what you call waste while you support those in your own party doing exactly what you are accusing Obama of doing. That's called hypocrisy. But then, you knew that already, didn't you?

No I'm quite sure that was LA where the baby was born while the wife was at home with cancer. :eusa_shhh:

No I'm quite sure that was LA where the baby was born while the wife was at home with cancer.

Good thing he wasn't the acting GOVERNOR at the time, or else the GOP would be calling for his resignation! Oh wait....that would be hypocritical of them. Of course they wouldn't do that!

No I'm quite sure that was LA where the baby was born while the wife was at home with cancer.

Good thing he wasn't the acting GOVERNOR at the time, or else the GOP would be calling for his resignation! Oh wait....that would be hypocritical of them. Of course they wouldn't do that!

worse, his sorry ass was running for President and your sorry ass would have voted for him now you can say "HYPOCRITE" and you would be right.

worse, his sorry ass was running for President and your sorry ass would have voted for him now you can say "HYPOCRITE" and you would be right.

Just goes to show was a dumb shit you are. When Edwards was still in the race, I was still backing Fred Thompson....you really shouldn't try to talk about things you don't understand. All it does it show everyone what a partisan hack you are. Or perhaps you don't care that everyone knows what a partisan hack you are?

Mark Sanford, Member of the Mile High Club?

sanford_marked.jpg

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford used state aircraft for personal and political trips, often bringing along his wife and children — contrary to state law regarding official use, an Associated Press investigation has found.

When will Micahel Steele step up and actually LEAD the GOP by asking that Sanford step down before he embarrasses himself or the GOP any further?

The Republican Party of Marathon County has stripped its spokesman of his title less than three months after he wrote a column critical of conservative talk radio star Rush Limbaugh.
Advertisement

Kevin Stevenson said he believes his March guest column in the Wausau Daily Herald criticizing Limbaugh turned local party members against him.

"They felt I was too moderate in what I was speaking and printing," he said.

Stevenson, who characterizes himself as a "John McCain-type of Republican," said the conflict was a microcosm of a national debate about what political message to put forward. A debate at a local Republican meeting on Thursday "got hostile and it got personal," he said.

It's called Google. Try it sometime.

Doesn't meet the burden of proof. Try again.

Here's a hint: Can the guy still be registered as a Republican?

Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:27:59 PM by SmithL

NASHVILLE — Over the weekend, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele ventured into Tennessee House Speaker Kent Williams’ backyard in upper East Tennessee and pledged to oust Williams next year.

The Kingsport Times-News quoted Steele as saying: “I got a bull’s eye right on his back and we’re taking him out.”

Williams is the second-term legislator and Elizabethton restaurateur who stunned fellow Tennessee Republicans when he joined the House’s 49 Democrats in voting for himself for speaker Jan. 13 to defeat his own Republican Caucus’ nominee.

For that, the Tennessee Republican Party declared he was no longer a member of the GOP and could not appear as a Republican on next year’s ballot. Williams responded to the state party chairman by designating himself a “Carter County Republican.”
This afternoon, he responded to the national GOP chairman’s attack by saying that as House speaker for 4 months, he has upheld core GOP principles on small business, gun rights, anti-abortion issues and small government — while putting partisan rhetoric and distractions behind to focus on the priorities of Tennesseans.
National GOP leader vows to help boot Tennessee’s House speaker out of office
I suppose you see where I am going with this?

Can they unregister him as a Republican?

No?

Doesn't meet the burden of proof. Try again.

Forum List

Back