Sounds Like Someone Is Lying

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
1587575916250.png

Harvard denies that they received PPP money. Trump said they did.
Who are you going to believe? LOL

“Harvard did not apply for, nor has it received any funds through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for small businesses,” the university tweeted. “Reports saying otherwise are inaccurate.”

"But according to Harvard, it never received the funds in the first place."

Last edited:
Plenty of other sources out there also claim Harvard was scheduled to receive the money.

Why Is Harvard Getting $9 Million In Stimulus Money When It Has A $40 Billion Endowment?
Susan Adams
Susan Adams
Forbes Staff
Education
I’m a senior editor in charge of Forbes’ education coverage.

Harvard is under attack for the $9 million in stimulus money it’s getting from the federal government. “America’s Richest University Grabs Nearly $9 Million In Taxpayer Aid,” blasted a Huffington Post headline yesterday. On Comedy Central last night, Trevor Noah said Harvard was “just being greedy.” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted that Harvard was getting cash that should have gone to “a small business that actually needs the money.”

But according to a statement emailed late yesterday by spokesman Jason Newton, Harvard won’t use any of its $9 million stimulus check to make up for losses it has absorbed since it moved classes online in mid-March. “Harvard is actually allocating 100% of the funds to financial assistance for students to meet their urgent needs in the face of this pandemic,” says the statement.

How did Harvard decide to pass all the money to students, who made the call, and when? Was it in response to criticism? “I’m not going to get into when the decision was made,” says Newton. Harvard declined repeated requests to interview President Lawrence Bacow and other university officials.

View attachment 326643

“Harvard did not apply for, nor has it received any funds through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for small businesses,” the university tweeted. “Reports saying otherwise are inaccurate.”

Really? Wonder who it is?-

Harvard is under attack for the $9 million in stimulus money it’s getting from the federal government. “America’s Richest University Grabs Nearly $9 Million In Taxpayer Aid,” blasted a Huffington Post headline yesterday. On Comedy Central last night, Trevor Noah said Harvard was “just being greedy.” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted that Harvard was getting cash that should have gone to “a small business that actually needs the money.”

But according to a statement emailed late yesterday by spokesman Jason Newton, Harvard won’t use any of its $9 million stimulus check to make up for losses it has absorbed since it moved classes online in mid-March. “Harvard is actually allocating 100% of the funds to financial assistance for students to meet their urgent needs in the face of this pandemic,” says the statement.

Maybe the people handing out the money could have a better idea of what they are doing?
Sounds like Admin did a careless, shittyass job.
Mnucin said there is a link at www.treasury.gov that lists 1 Million PPP recipients. I assume that someone is on this story who can find such a link. There are many who would like to view it. Transparency from an Admin that often bloviates that word.
Once again, who is lying.

1587578643426.png

Maybe the people handing out the money could have a better idea of what they are doing?
Mnucin said there is a link at www.treasury.gov that lists 1 Million PPP recipients. I assume that someone is on this story who can find such a link. There are many who would like to view it. Transparency from an Admin that often bloviates that word.

View attachment 326657
Well, why aren’t you? You thought enough of it to post a thread about it. Though I wonder why Harvard’s spokesperson spoke about it...

View attachment 326643

Funny, Texas colleges received WAY more in CARES Funds (not PPP) that Harvard did for student loans, but Trump isn't concerned about them.
What a lying g'damned bastard our Donald is! :mad:

Plenty of other sources out there also claim Harvard was scheduled to receive the money.

Why Is Harvard Getting $9 Million In Stimulus Money When It Has A $40 Billion Endowment?
Susan Adams
Susan Adams
Forbes Staff
Education
I’m a senior editor in charge of Forbes’ education coverage.

How did Harvard decide to pass all the money to students, who made the call, and when? Was it in response to criticism? “I’m not going to get into when the decision was made,” says Newton. Harvard declined repeated requests to interview President Lawrence Bacow and other university officials.

Harvard didn't get ANY PPP stimulus funds. Stop lying please.

View attachment 326657
Well, why aren’t you? You thought enough of it to post a thread about it. Though I wonder why Harvard’s spokesperson spoke about it...
Excuse me. I started a thread on that already. Trump and Mnucin were standing side by side when it was mentioned. I gave up on that link search. Give it a whirl. If you can find it you can say here it is. Good luck.

View attachment 326643

Yeah, somebody’s lying.
It’s the OP.

Funny, Texas colleges received WAY more in CARES Funds (not PPP) that Harvard did for student loans, but Trump isn't concerned about them.
What a lying g'damned bastard our Donald is!
So Texas colleges plural got way more money than Harvard university singular did?
Really? What are you bitching about, Dr. Love? CARES Act or not Harvard has some big balls
holding their greasy money grubbing hands out while sitting on a $40 billion dollar nest egg.

By the way ALL of the Ivy league colleges (Yale, Dartmouth, Penn, Princeton, etc.) with multiple billions of dollars in endowments had their hands out taking government money like they were all hurting for funds.
Fucking elitist leeches

Last edited:

And students say they didn't receive sh*t. Lol.

Forum List

Back