Sounds like Occupy Denver is being re-taken

and of course Occupy Oakland.....need we say more?

Yes, you do. You need to acknowledge that only a very small group of people took part in any vandalism or violence even remotely connected with Occupy Oakland, and that the characterization of the entire movement (in that city) as violent based on these actions by this small group of people (less than one percent of all those involved in the protest), who have never even been shown to be affiliated with Occupy Oakland at all, is not rational.

As I've said before, the right is not fact-based. This is an example.

[
Happened several days ago, the group marched to a Government building and when the cops tried to stop them from entering they attacked the 8 officers.

You said "this group." Which group? Where did this take place? Who was involved? How many people? Can you show that any of those involved in that incident were also in Occupy Denver when the cops closed in?

All of this is pertinent information, which is why I asked you for a link. That's assuming that the incident even took place. Do you have a link?

Google it you will probably find it. It was the Denver OWS movement, they organized a march on some building, Court House or some kind of Legislative building. They arrived and 8 cops came down the steps and ordered them not to try and enter the building, the protestors moved up the stps and knocked the cops down.

It was in the news. Funny how you find all the news that seems to help OWS but just happen to miss this stuff, isn't it?

[
Happened several days ago, the group marched to a Government building and when the cops tried to stop them from entering they attacked the 8 officers.

You said "this group." Which group? Where did this take place? Who was involved? How many people? Can you show that any of those involved in that incident were also in Occupy Denver when the cops closed in?

All of this is pertinent information, which is why I asked you for a link. That's assuming that the incident even took place. Do you have a link?

Google

and of course Occupy Oakland.....need we say more?

Yes, you do. You need to acknowledge that only a very small group of people took part in any vandalism or violence even remotely connected with Occupy Oakland, and that the characterization of the entire movement (in that city) as violent based on these actions by this small group of people (less than one percent of all those involved in the protest), who have never even been shown to be affiliated with Occupy Oakland at all, is not rational.

As I've said before, the right is not fact-based. This is an example.
Thank you, Cleopatra. :rolleyes:

Police in Denver seem to be showing a lot of restraint and professionalism. They are to be commended.

Agreed.

Reading the entire article linked, I find no evidence at all of any large-scale violence by the protesters. There is some disorganization and lack of discipline. Apparently TWO of those involved have been arrested for assaulting police officers without causing them any real harm. Others were arrested for other things, and of course laws are being broken (as is always the case with nonviolent civil disobedience). There was also someone who spray-painted a slogan onto a police car, also a misdemeanor but not violence.

It's important to avoid jumping to conclusions.

Google it you will probably find it. It was the Denver OWS movement, they organized a march on some building, Court House or some kind of Legislative building. They arrived and 8 cops came down the steps and ordered them not to try and enter the building, the protestors moved up the stps and knocked the cops down.

I did a search for "Occupy Denver courthouse" and again for "Occupy Denver legislature" and again for "Occupy Denver police knocked down" and found nothing like that at all.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, only that so far I haven't seen any stories about it which means I can't find any details, assuming it did. All of the questions I asked above are pertinent ones important to determining whether the movement in Denver has turned violent (so far no evidence supporting that). They cannot be answered without a detailed article on what you're talking about.

I did a search for "Occupy Denver courthouse" and again for "Occupy Denver legislature" and again for "Occupy Denver police knocked down" and found nothing like that at all.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, only that so far I haven't seen any stories about it which means I can't find any details, assuming it did. All of the questions I asked above are pertinent ones important to determining whether the movement in Denver has turned violent (so far no evidence supporting that). They cannot be answered without a detailed article on what you're talking about.

I live near Denver.

I wouldn't have known there were any Fleabaggers here except for this thread.

Several cops have been caught using unnecessary violence so logically all cops must be thuggish fascist pigs.

I live near Denver.

I wouldn't have known there were any Fleabaggers here except for this thread.

maybe you need to get out more

that's because he is full of shit

isn't Denver getting hit with a Catagory 5 Snowstorm as we speak? where are they gonna live now? are they digging holes and moving in with those Caddyshack Gophers?

If an entire group is to be known by their worst members then the tea party is a militant white supremacist organization, the police are all fascicst pigs and the OWS is a bunch of hippies, funny, you would think people would fear racist militants and fascist stormtroopers more than hippies.

If an entire group is to be known by their worst members then the tea party is a militant white supremacist organization, the police are all fascicst pigs and the OWS is a bunch of hippies, funny, you would think people would fear racist militants and fascist stormtroopers more than hippies.

My greatest fear is stepping in human fecal matter in a public park.

:eusa_hand:

Not "funny."

My greatest fear is stepping in human fecal matter in a public park.

:eusa_hand:

Not "funny."

Did you notice there were no reports of fecal matter at Tea party rallies? Unless the rightwing controlled media was hiding it, of course....

that's because he is full of shit

The paranoid delusional idiot that claims the US Government was behind 9/11 wants to call me a liar? What shouldn't you find some conspiracy I am behind?

Forum List

Back