Sony Pulls The Interview

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Too lazy to provide a link...Sony is pulling The Interview (funny, I just watched a commercial for it). Terrorists win.

So infuriatingly ridiculous. Homeland Security has found no evidence of any 9/11-scale terrorist plot. The only attack Sony executives are worried about is more e-mails coming out revealing what two-faced, terrible human beings they are.

So infuriatingly ridiculous. Homeland Security has found no evidence of any 9/11-scale terrorist plot. The only attack Sony executives are worried about is more e-mails coming out revealing what two-faced, terrible human beings they are.

What about the $200M hit Sony received? That's $80M for the movie, and $120M for the now unusable computer system.

North Korea Behind Sony Hack U.S. Officials - NBC News

What about the $200M hit Sony received? That's $80M for the movie, and $120M for the now unusable computer system.

North Korea Behind Sony Hack U.S. Officials - NBC News

I'm not seeing those numbers in the link. I've read the movie cost Sony $40 million plus advertising. THAT BEING SAID, $200 million is not at all an outlandish number for how much this could cost Sony when it's all said and done. I'm totally unmoved, though, because for an entity of Sony's size it's still not significant.

"Revenue from Sony Corp.'s "pictures" business totaled 830 billion yen ($7 billion) last fiscal year.

"Disney wrote down $200 million on the "Lone Ranger" and didn't bat an eye," he said of the rival studio."

Forum List

Back