Sony hack takes a very serious turn

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

Sounds like a juvenile threat. I doubt NK wants to start getting physical with us. But, they are nuts.

Warning

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.
Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.

Sounds like the whole thing is a publicity stunt to gin up interest in a sucky movie.

Disney never had to do this with the "Toy Story" franchise.

Also, NK is yet more fruit of the poisoned "Dems working for Communists", McCarthy tried to warn us about.

If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?

Sony's way to draw publicity for the movie and away from Jolie's movie , can't remember the name off hand, about a man who was in a Japanese POW camp. Both set to open Dec 25th.

Whoa there, hold up...

>> The hackers warn people to stay away from places screening "The Interview," a comedy starring James Franco and Seth Rogen about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un <<
Isn't this the same sort of script the bedwetters wet their beds over with "Death of a President", attributing it to "the left" -- even though it's a British film?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

I try not to take anything posted on Huffingglue too seriously.

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

And really, isn't it long past time for North Korea to cease to exist?

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.

If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?

I'm sure he does, it was reported on ThinkProgress, so he should have heard about it.....

I try not to take anything posted on Huffingglue too seriously.

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

And really, isn't it long past time for North Korea to cease to exist?

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.

What a great plan. Don't like some threat somebody made? Hey, just nuke 'em.
Predictable from a wag who thinks Rachel Carson depopulated India.

Whoa there, hold up...

>> The hackers warn people to stay away from places screening "The Interview," a comedy starring James Franco and Seth Rogen about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un <<
Isn't this the same sort of script the bedwetters wet their beds over with "Death of a President", attributing it to "the left" -- even though it's a British film?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Yep, Huffer was thrilled with a film about assassinating a United States President, but North Korea is over the line - you got nutin but respect for NK - the model you'd like to see in this nation....

Unbroken is a 2014 American war drama film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie based on the 2010 nonfiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. The film, which revolves around the life of Olympic athlete Louis "Louie" Zamperini, stars Jack O'Connell as Zamperini with Miyavi, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson.
The film had its world premiere in Sydney on November 17, 2014 and is scheduled for a wide release in the United States on Christmas Day 2014.

If I were to go to the show on Christmas this is the one I'd see, but I don't.

I'm sure he does, it was reported on ThinkProgress, so he should have heard about it.....
Only if ESPN made it breaking news...

What a great plan. Don't like some threat somebody made? Hey, just nuke 'em.
Predictable from a wag who thinks Rachel Carson depopulated India.

Again, find a competent intelligence team and verify that the threat is credible. You know, check with Israel. Obviously the Obama administration isn't competent to wash a car, but if this is found credible - if it is found that NK plans to set off a dirty bomb in San Francisco or Seattle - would you suggest we instead beg forgiveness, outlaw the film and any further films critical of them?

Forum List

Back