Songs With "Catchy" Drum Solos Or Riffs

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
We all know who the great drummers are. John Bonham, Neil Peart, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins, and many others. I wouldn't normally include ZZ Top's drummer, Frank Beard, on that list, but I really enjoy his work on their song: "Heard It On The X."

I liked Santana's Mike Shrieve when he did Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock. I like Carter Beauford with the Dave Mathews Band in general. That dude from Blue Cheer "Summertime Blues" was an enforcer on those drums.

Last edited:
Karen Carpenter was underrated as a drummer.
No doubt since that's the first I've ever heard of it. Clearly her promoter's fault for not emphasizing the point. I'll have to look for some of her work.

Ringo Starr

A day in the Life

Starr didn't do solos. not his or the Beatles thing, but if you listen to his work...

Let's not forget Freebird.

The solo's not overwhelming stylistically but the work from beginning to end is magnificent.

Sorry for the ad

We all know who the great drummers are. John Bonham, Neil Peart, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins, and many others. I wouldn't normally include ZZ Top's drummer, Frank Beard, on that list, but I really enjoy his work on their song: "Heard It On The X."

I'll go with Mel Taylor with The Ventures which REALLY dates me. :)

To hear the drum work within the song "Caravan" itself:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back