Something nice

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
i had to dig up some new chairs for the shrimp boat. Cheapest way is to go to junkyard and find some captains chairs from the middle of a van. So a friend and I went to the local pick and pull and went to work. Nice temp here in Florida, but pure sand and no wheelbarrows. Went all the way to the back forty where the vans were parked, AALLL the way back. Went to the next to last van and found two Naugahyde seats. Both had the armrests and yeehaw, both had been already unbolted, but they were heavy and dragging them a mile back to the Office was unappealing. A black couple was taking a rear axle off, they had a wheelbarrow, and without prompting they offered me the use of the wheelbarrow if I would bring it back, very trusting. I told them that was so nice, really nice, and I appreciated it immensely. After rolling that double wheeled sob through the sand and having a heart attack I made it to the office, paid for them and loaded them into the truck. I went back to the office and bought two bottles of water and headed back into the yard. I returned the barrow, gave them the waters and told them how nice they were to let me borrow it, because they didn’t have to do that. They were profusely grateful and wished me well, and I was reenforced by the warm and positive feeling.

This happens all the time in the south. People are nice and help each other. It is nothing like the media would have you believe and it is not a rarity, it is the reality, and I am most grateful for it.

Always said that. The best people in our country are those the NE Liberals mock the most.

Forum List

Back