Somebody got mad about Service fees

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
I was at a restaurant today with my dad and my sister and my niece...

Somebody across from us got pissed off, because he was charged a service fee, he started cussing at the waitress.
I told the waitress to just go get the manager, and I asked the guy what is your problem ?

He says he's being ripped off, he's being charged service fees.
So I told him this...

How mad are you ?, because I doubt that you're anywhere near half as mad now, as you would be if you had to see your kids go hungry, and can't afford that car you have parked out there, and can't pay your rent... that's what happens to tipped staff all the time.

So how about you shut the f*#k up and pay a living wage ?

He took a 100 dollar bill, and slammed it down in the table, and threw the empty glass at the manager that was on his way, and then he stormed out the door.

The total bill was $35 even with the service charge.

Here's the recap..

Hey... I don't give a fuck...
Because if he don't want to pay anybody anything, maybe he shouldn't consume.

as far as I am concerned, he can go fuck himself.. he's the reason why restaurants are starting to charge service fees, and the reason why before they did, it wasn't uncommon for waitresses to be amongst the poorest.

Folks. Pay as you go. It's the way of the world. That means you tip.

Pay no attention to this child Jake. The boy's a budding novelist who makes shit up out of whole cloth. Check his other threads.

Somebody across from us got pissed off, because he was charged a service fee, he started cussing at the waitress.
I told the waitress to just go get the manager, and I asked the guy what is your problem ?

So I told him this...

How mad are you ?, because I doubt that you're anywhere near half as mad now, as you would be if you had to see your kids go hungry, and can't afford that car you have parked out there, and can't pay your rent... that's what happens to tipped staff all the time.

He took a 100 dollar bill, and slammed it down in the table, and threw the empty glass at the manager that was on his way, and then he stormed out the door.

Here's the recap..

as far as I am concerned, he can go fuck himself.. he's the reason why restaurants are starting to charge service fees, and the reason why before they did, it wasn't uncommon for waitresses to be amongst the poorest.

You left out the part where you beat the shit out of the customer, the waitress, the manager, everybody else in the room and six pedestrians who just happened to be walking by outside with a cacophony of references to streets in northeast Philadelphia.

We expect more from you. :nono:

So I told him this...

Here's the recap..

If the company paid a living wage, the tips wouldn't be a matter of survival. I blame the company more than the guy that got angry. It's sad when a cheap company ask their employees to rely on tips to pay their rent and utilities. What kind of car does the manager drive? What kind of house does the owner live in? Well, passing the responsibility to see to it that your employees can support themselves, off to the customers, is a sure sign of corporate greed and selfishness on the part of the business.

Yes, business has to do better, but the cheapskate is still a cheapskate.

Yes, business has to do better, but the cheapskate is still a cheapskate.
Tips are for excellent service. I've had terrible service before and left NO tip. I'm NOT cheap. Tips are for a job well done, not a charity donation. Tips are meant to show appreciation and thanks, not an automatic "freebie".

This is all moot. The OP's ludicrous escapades have historically been complete fabrications. Don't waste your time on it. It's a fable, nothing more.

So I told him this...

Here's the recap..

If the company paid a living wage, the tips wouldn't be a matter of survival. I blame the company more than the guy that got angry. It's sad when a cheap company ask their employees to rely on tips to pay their rent and utilities. What kind of car does the manager drive? What kind of house does the owner live in? Well, passing the responsibility to see to it that your employees can support themselves, off to the customers, is a sure sign of corporate greed and selfishness on the part of the business.
I blame the Congress for not applying minimum wage.

A tip should be for exceptional service.

Time to quit covering for restaurant owners.

Forum List

Back