Some Tough questions for Malala Yousufzai who was shot by the Taliban from an Atheist

johnsweeting

Oct 19, 2011
I think most of you have read about Malala Yousufzai who was shot by the Taliban because she wanted an education. She now speaks about it which I think is good.
She recently did and interview with Jon Stewart (click on the link in the text box below):

She seems like a nice girl but as an Atheist I would like to ask her some tough questions:

1. What exactly will happen to non-Muslims when they die..for example Jon Stewart.
Will John go to hell as the Koran is teaching or is she not believing her holy book?

She might be laughing with John Stewart but at the end of the day she believes that he will go to hell if she follows her religion and she says she is a Muslim. This I want her to explain.
If she doesn't believe Jon Stewart will go to hell I would like to go over sentence by sentence in her holy book and then she call tell me which exact parts are not true and which that are true.

2. Does she believe Mohammed split the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse (as her holy book is stating).

I have some other questions to her and after her answers I don' t think many people will think she is that nice anymore.

If she is politically correct (which I think she is) she will say that most teachings are "not true" which means that she doesn't believe in her own religion in which she can't be "A Voice Of Islam For The Next Generation" as the title of the linked article says.

I dunno if we need to be that literal. Some of my Christian brothers might think you go to hell for having surgery or missing church on purpose while others are more lenient or have invented purgatory.

And heck, my Bible has this story about a while and another a flood. I think we need to agree with her right to believe whatever as long as it does not affect my right to live my life.

Granny says dey gypped her on dat Nobel Peace prize...

Malala meets Queen Elizabeth, speaks about the importance of education
October 18, 2013 ~ Pakistani teenage activist Malala Yousafzai, who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban, met British Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on Friday in London and spoke about the importance of education.
The 16-year-old schoolgirl presented the monarch with a copy of her recently released book, "I Am Malala". "It is a great honour for me to be here, and I wanted to present you with this book," Malala told her during a reception for Commonwealth, youth and education hosted by the Queen and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. Accepting the gift, the Queen replied: "That's very kind of you."

Malala mentioned how she was sad to have missed a day of school and was passionate about every child having a right to an education, everywhere around the world. "Especially in this country as well. I have heard about many children that can't go to school, and I want to continue our work," she said. Prince Philip, the 92-year-old known for his quirky sense of humour, joked that in Britain parents sent kids to school to get them out the house, a comment that resulted in a fit of giggles from Malala. She was accompanied by her father Ziauddin Yousafzai, who also spoke to the royal couple about their past visits to his home country of Pakistan. Malala has been living and going to school in Birmingham, the city she was airlifted to from Pakistan following the attack by Taliban gunmen last October.

She was treated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and underwent marathon surgeries to start a new life in Britain. "I was terrified. Where were my parents? Who had brought me there?" she says in her book, in reference to her four operations in Britain and crediting the surgeons for giving her "a second life". Since the attack she has addressed the UN and been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, which she lost out to the chemical weapons inspection team in Syria last week. But she recently bagged the Sakharov Prize for free speech, awarded by the European Parliament annually in memory of Soviet physicist and dissident Andrei Sakharov.

Princess Beatrice, the Queen's grand-daughter, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were also present at the reception, attended by 350 guests from academic institutions around the world. It included a performance from the Commonwealth Youth Orchestra and Choir. Meeting high-profile figures and celebrities has become a part of Malala's life as she just returned from a visit to the White House to mark International Day of the Girl last Friday with US President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle and their daughter Malia. Undaunted by the occasion, she challenged Obama over US drone strikes in her homeland, saying that they risked "fuelling terrorism".

Malala meets Queen Elizabeth, speaks about the importance of education - Hindustan Times

I think most of you have read about Malala Yousufzai who was shot by the Taliban because she wanted an education. She now speaks about it which I think is good.
She recently did and interview with Jon Stewart (click on the link in the text box below):

She seems like a nice girl but as an Atheist I would like to ask her some tough questions:

1. What exactly will happen to non-Muslims when they die..for example Jon Stewart.
Will John go to hell as the Koran is teaching or is she not believing her holy book?

She might be laughing with John Stewart but at the end of the day she believes that he will go to hell if she follows her religion and she says she is a Muslim. This I want her to explain.
If she doesn't believe Jon Stewart will go to hell I would like to go over sentence by sentence in her holy book and then she call tell me which exact parts are not true and which that are true.

2. Does she believe Mohammed split the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse (as her holy book is stating).

I have some other questions to her and after her answers I don' t think many people will think she is that nice anymore.

If she is politically correct (which I think she is) she will say that most teachings are "not true" which means that she doesn't believe in her own religion in which she can't be "A Voice Of Islam For The Next Generation" as the title of the linked article says.

Those are rather heady questions for such a young'un.

]Malala's Muslim Faith: A Voice Of Islam For The Next Generation

People from different religions generally try to avoid conflict knowing that it won't be productive. They don't always, but we have seen the disastrous results.

Atheists are more likely to question because they really have no other way to express their beliefs except in the negative.

You are asking quite alot from a 16 year old who only wants to go to school. Do you really expect her to defend her faith to you?

Do you believe that Malala will go to heaven if she hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as her savior?

Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead?

Do you believe Moses split the Red Sea and Noah fit all those animals on an Ark?

Not many religions are defensible

Last edited:
Granny says, "Dat's right - you tell `em, gurl!...
thumbsup.gif

Nobel winner Malala in Nigeria speaks out against Boko Haram
Wednesday 19th July, 2017 - Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai was greeted with cheers on Tuesday by dozens of young women in northeastern Nigeria, where she spoke out for the many girls abducted under Boko Haram's deadly insurgency.
The 20-year-old Pakistani activist told The Associated Press she was excited by the courage of the young women who are undaunted as they pursue an education amid one of the world's worst humanitarian crises. "This is part of my girl power trip, visiting many parts of the world," said Yousafzai, who also met with the freed Chibok schoolgirls taken in a mass abduction by Boko Haram more than three years ago. "I am here now because of the Nigerian girls. Fighting for them and speaking up for them." Yousafzai visited internally displaced camps in and around the city of Maiduguri, where thousands have sheltered from Boko Haram's violence. The extremist group continues to carry out deadly attacks there, often using young female suicide bombers. "They have lived in the period of extremism," Yousafzai said of the young women around her. Many have seen family members killed.

Yousafzai was 15 when she shot in the head by Taliban militants in 2012, targeted due to her advocacy for women's education. The Nobel winner said her Nigeria visit was significant because it was the partial fulfillment of what she advocated the last time she was there. In 2014, she pressed then-President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure the rescue of the more than 200 abducted Chibok schoolgirls. On Monday, Yousafzai met with more than 100 who have since been rescued and now stay in the capital, Abuja, for what the government calls rehabilitation. While she told the AP she shared their joy at being freed, she said she was not happy that the girls haven't been allowed to reunite fully with their families. She said she hopes they will "live with their family, live a normal life."

n241500442606.jpg

Many others remain in Boko Haram captivity, "and the government must unite so that they should make sure that these girls are released," Yousafzai said. "Boko Haram themselves should learn that in Islam, such things are unacceptable," she added. "This is against humanity, this is against Islam." Yousafzai also met on Monday with acting President Yemi Osinbajo, speaking up for the more than 10 million children displaced by Boko Haram and pressing for the declaration of a state of emergency for education in Nigeria. She also urged the international community to address the crisis in the country's northeast.

Girls at the internally displaced camps said the Nobel winner's story of courage gave them inspiration for a brighter future. "Her story give us hope, that's why we too want to go to school and become something in life," said 15-year-old Fatima Ali. "We have to bear all pains like hunger to go to school. We barely eat once a day here. We have not eaten since morning because government people no longer bring us food for about two months now." Three million children in Nigeria's northeast are in need of support to keep learning, according to the UN children's agency. Nearly 1 400 schools have been destroyed during Boko Haram's insurgency, which began in 2009, and more than 2 295 teachers have been killed, the agency says.

Ali said she was in school when Boko Haram attacked her town three years ago. "I want to become a soldier so that I could help my community to fight and kill Boko Haram, because they are not good people," she said. Another student, 15-year-old Fatima Grema, said she sees herself in Yousafzai. "Boko Haram abducted me and wanted to marry me," she said. After being taken from the town of Baga to a location near the Cameroon border, "I later managed to escape," she said. "I was not in school until I came to the camp here." Grema said she now wants to become a teacher. Unicef's country representative Mohamed Malick Fall said Yousafzai's visit is a symbol of hope, and "we will do everything in our power to make sure all children can keep learning."

Nobel winner Malala in Nigeria speaks out against Boko Haram

Granny says somebody oughta give her some saddle oxfords to go to school in...
thumbsup.gif

Education Activist Malala Yousafzai to Study at Oxford
August 17, 2017 — Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai, who was shot by a Taliban gunman at age 15 for speaking out for the right to an education, has been accepted to the University of Oxford.
The 20-year-old activist shared word of her acceptance to the school on Twitter and included the screenshot of her "Congratulations'' notice. She plans to major in philosophy, politics and economics, the favored degree of many of Britain's top leaders. Yousafzai will study at Lady Margaret Hall, an Oxford college whose notable alumni include the late Benazir Bhutto, the one-time leader of Pakistan and a hero of Yousafzai's, and Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi, a fellow Nobel Peace Prize winner.

E227F3A3-74F7-477C-B0E0-BD41BD1E92CD_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Malala Yousefzai is congratulated after collecting her 'A' level exam results at Edgbaston High School for Girls in Birmingham, Britain​

Yousafzai won international renown in 2012 after she was shot by a Taliban gunman in Pakistan as a teenager for speaking out for the right of girls to go to school, a topic she started raising publicly as an 11 year old. After being treated at a hospital in Birmingham, England, she continued her education in the city and went on to win the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize. "As far as I know, I am just a committed and even stubborn person who wants to see every child getting quality education, who wants to see women having equal rights and who wants peace in every corner of the world,'' she said on the day she collected the Nobel. "Education is one of the blessings of life, and one of its necessities.''

Her acceptance to a university marks a milestone in Malala's steady progression to achieve her dreams. Social media erupted into the technological equivalent of rounds of applause. Among those offering accolades were author JK Rowling and Alan Rusbridger, the former editor of the Guardian newspaper who is now principal of Lady Margaret Hall. He tweeted: "Welcome to [at]lmhoxford, Malala! Her father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, all but burst with pride. "My heart is full of gratitude,'' he tweeted. "We are grateful to Allah & thank u 2 al those who support [at]Malala 4 the grand cause of education.''

Education Activist Malala Yousafzai to Study at Oxford

Forum List

Back