Some San Francisco residents may receive $5 million in reparations after Board expresses ‘unanimous' support

African tribes supplied the slaves and Arab traders are the ones who sold them to Europeans. When they pay their part then I'll agree with reparations.

So drug traffickers shouldn't be punished until we punish the heroin growers in Afghanistan or the coca growers in South America first? Interesting logic. I doubt DEA or DOJ agrees with that opinion, though.

But beyond that, the bulk of slaves were bred and born in this country.

Last edited:
So drug traffickers shouldn't be punished until we punish the heroin growers in Afghanistan or the coca growers in South America first? Interesting logic. I doubt DEA or DOJ agrees with that opinion, though.

Ignoring your stupid ass analogy, you think that I as a tax paying citizen should be punished for something that ended almost 160 years before my birth ?

Ignoring your stupid ass analogy, you think that I as a tax paying citizen should be punished for something that ended almost 160 years before my birth ?

Taxpayers get sued for things they didn't personally do all the time. I'm sure 99.999% of Memphis residents had nothing to do with the death of Tyre Nichols, but they're going to get sued anyway. Pretty sure none of us had nothing to do with the Trail of Tears but we still pay for the Indian Affairs program and services to support Native Americans.

Deal with it.

That’s in the past. For the last two generations, blacks have been given priority over whites. And that means that whites were rejected, despite better qualifications, to make room for blacks paid the price.

Rejecting innocent whites to give opportunities to blacks who are less qualified isn’t fair to the innocent whites, and it’s been going on for 50 years. Any blacks who did not take advantage of decade after decade of favoritism to get into Ivys, to get admitted to med school or law school, missed their chance. Grandoa had his chance,….then Dad had his chance….and now grandson is getting his chance.

Thank Gd this affirmative action wasn’t in place when my dad when to college, or he might have lost his chance to move out of poverty in order to allow a black with much worse grades and scores to get in ahead of him. Why shouldn’t my dad have had a chance (as he did)? Why should he have remained stuck in poverty so a less-qualified black could get his college spot?

And on top of that, the practice of hiring far less qualified POC's over more highly qualified whites is offensive because it says to potential clients of a business that the clients' needs are less important to the business than is its public image.

I really want to see the person who will take their child to the hospital in a life-or-death health crisis say to the ER staff, "No, no. I don't want the most qualified staff taking care of my child. I want the ones with the most pigment in their skin. And if you can't find a highly pigmented person on shift, go out into the street and drag one in."

Why can some people never be honest about what they'd do in such a situation? Because they're craven little liars who can't live without the SJW social validation dopamine high.

And on top of that, the practice of hiring far less qualified POC's over more highly qualified whites is offensive because it says to potential clients of a business that the clients' needs are less important to the business than is its public image.

I really want to see the person who will take their child to the hospital in a life-or-death health crisis say to the ER staff, "No, no. I don't want the most qualified staff taking care of my child. I want the ones with the most pigment in their skin. And if you can't find a highly pigmented person on shift, go out into the street and drag one in."

Why can some people never be honest about what they'd do in such a situation? Because they're craven little liars who can't live without the SJW social validation dopamine high.

And what about these “near misses” on the runways? There have been three in recent weeks whereas before they were never heard of. That’s because the leftists want to make the air traffic controller staff more diverse (that means hire more blacks and gays, basically) rather than the most qualified people available - regardless of their race or sexual orientation.

This is the way the American-hating leftists will lower the caliber of the country - hire based on superficial and unrelated characteristics instead of going by merit, and giving the job to the best qualified.

And what about these “near misses” on the runways? There have been three in recent weeks whereas before they were never heard of. That’s because the leftists want to make the air traffic controller staff more diverse (that means hire more blacks and gays, basically) rather than the most qualified people available - regardless of their race or sexual orientation.

This is the way the American-hating leftists will lower the caliber of the country - hire based on superficial and unrelated characteristics instead of going by merit, and giving the job to the best qualified.

Just another reason I don't fly.

And the bummer is that I love flying.

Nothing wrong with letting taxpayers pay those reparations. It was the state that tolerated slavery and racial apartheid for is long as it did, so the state is collectively responsible.

When police abuse the rights of people, it's not always the individuals responsible who pay; it's often the taxpayer, almost all of whom had nothing to do with the actual offense but are nevertheless collectively responsible. No problem coming to that conclusion here. You don't like or agree with that idea? Fine, I don't give a toss, but there's a rationale for it.

The only question in my mind is what is feasible. $5 million seems like a number they pulled out of their ass and I seriously doubt there's been any kind of economic impact study. They risk making the idea of reparations backfire so badly that they'll turn it into a meme and discredit the proposition from now to eternity.
It was their own country that sold them into slavery, their own people! Let them pay reparations

Not the black's born and raised in this century they weren't...

Slavery was wrong during the period of course, but what we have going on now or these days and time's, is basically bribery, opportunists, political pandering, and corrupt vote buying by government officials who can't stay in power on the issue's, so they resort to all sorts of mechanism's in hopes to feast upon a vulnerable society that has been groomed specifically for the reactions that they are giving today.

This nation needs a complete overhaul, but it won't come by way of the Democrat's, because it is my thinking that they are way to far down the rabbit hole to matter anymore.

It was their own country that sold them into slavery, their own people! Let them pay reparations
Nothing wrong with going back to the Roots of the problem sure. Make them pay is right, otherwise that makes as much sense as what's going on in this newest bull shite being tried or talked about today. Hey they want to be inclusive right ? Well let's not leave the origins out...

Hell, it's going on all over the world still to this day, except maybe in a cleaner lighter version of it....Today it's the illegal laborers coming over the border in droves that the rich man once again has his eyeballs on. They (the rich business class), create the bull shite while yes they get filthy rich off of it all, then we the little people end up dealing with all the fall out year's down the road. The perps should be the one's to pay from their personal account's if guilty of it today, and not from our governments or any taxpaying hard working citizen neither.

Amend that to "YOUR country."

My ancestors didn't show up here until the 1880's, and I guarantee you, none of them ever owned a slave.

You may only speak for yourself.

Your ancestors didn't kill American Indians either, but your tax dollars still pay to support them today. Taxpayers pay out lawsuits for things they're not legally responsible for, too. Maybe just deal with it.

Your ancestors didn't kill American Indians either, but your tax dollars still pay to support them today. Taxpayers pay out lawsuits for things they're not legally responsible for, too. Maybe just deal with it.

So fucking what!

I'm not paying for any "reparations".

Period.

The Indian situation should have been resolved year's ago, and to keep going backwards is as stupid of a situation as a stupid situation can be.

Every American living today should consider themselves to be fully American that which is guaranteed every single right that our document's grant to them as American's. After that it is up to every individual to go forth to apply one self in hopes to be the best American that an American can be. If they fall short or let somebody stop them, then it is their own fault and no one else's fault unless someone broke the law in order to stop them.

If someone derails one's ability to become a hardworking honorable American, then they should take that someone to court, and then let the law's created in order to stop that someone from their abusive ways be taken to task by such law's, otherwise this is when the law is to kick in, and to do it's job on that someone when they break or violate the law.

Blanket racism and other such nonsense doesn't exist, but yes it exist in individual's sure, so all any of us can do is to apply our right's and the law's against any individual who is trying to hurt us or deny us our right's as an American in our own country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back