Some of the Beauty of Maine

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
the Ice Storm of 2008

Image009.jpg

Image008.jpg

Never been to Maine. I would like to. Closest I got in the US was Massachusetts and I was coming in from Albany, NY and heading straight for Boston so no chance of getting near Maine, but I would like to combine a visit to Maine with a trip to the Maritimes in Canada. The coastline would be great, I think Maine has a coastal national park. That would be great.

Never been to Maine. I would like to. Closest I got in the US was Massachusetts and I was coming in from Albany, NY and heading straight for Boston so no chance of getting near Maine, but I would like to combine a visit to Maine with a trip to the Maritimes in Canada. The coastline would be great, I think Maine has a coastal national park. That would be great.
a few
and several state parks

if you come to Maine, you HAVE to visit Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth
it even has a civil war era fort
then there is Arcadia National park
just to name a couple

I used to go to Baxter State Park when I was a kid ...

And Scraggly Lake ...

We have family friends up in the Crystal/Holton/Island Falls area ...

a few
and several state parks

if you come to Maine, you HAVE to visit Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth
it even has a civil war era fort
then there is Arcadia National park
just to name a couple

I would love to. My wife, she's Québécoise, keeps telling me we need (she's been there but wants me to go) to tour the Maritimes and to head south to Maine.

Acadia is beautiful of course.

Should have seen the icestorm that we had in '98 here on the mid coast region.

365325513_8ba339dd2e.jpg

It shut down civilization's services for a week or more, depending on how far in the woods you lived.

I live a mere block of US Route 1 in the villiage and my electicity was off for one week and three hours. No heat no light no nothing but a gas oven.

brrrr!

canice.jpg

That's the one that shut most of Eastern Canada down, BTW.

Good idea starting this thread, perhaps we can have one for each state. I live in NY and it gets glorious around this time of year.

I'd love to visit Maine. When is it a good time of year to visit? I don't want it to be too cold. My husband and I are history buffs -- bunch of geeky folks visiting museums and historical sites :) I've been way north up to Quebec City, but we took a plane so we didn't make any other stops. Quebec City is another place that is quite picturesque.

Good idea starting this thread, perhaps we can have one for each state. I live in NY and it gets glorious around this time of year.

I'd love to visit Maine. When is it a good time of year to visit? I don't want it to be too cold. My husband and I are history buffs -- bunch of geeky folks visiting museums and historical sites :) I've been way north up to Quebec City, but we took a plane so we didn't make any other stops. Quebec City is another place that is quite picturesque.

If sheer beauty is your goal, right now is the time to visit coastal Maine, because right now is the time when the leaves are showing off their glorious colors.

If comfort is your goal, then July is the time here. 50 degree nights and 80 degree days.

If mud is your thing then Spring is the time to visit Maine.

If you hate yourself, (or you like winter sports) then winter a great time to visit Vacationland.

nice pics how do yall do them so they are not thumbnails..i would love to post some larger pics..

please type real slow...i was a window licker on the short bus.

these are taken out the front door or windows from my house on a couple of snow storms here in maine last year....man oh man did we get alot of snow here last year....so hoping for just a tad less this year....

my camera went on the brink, so IGNORE the picture date of october a few years ago, this was all last year....that was a fluke

i have a beautiful meadow in front of the house and some back dirt roads great for snow mobiling!

b556aca7.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

2bce5876.jpg

da7ffb11.jpg

Last edited:
looking out the same window, only in the fall....no snow, deer are eating apples from the apple tree...

deer043.jpg

I am driving up to Maine this sunday just to look at the changing color of the leaves.

it's beautiful Sunni man....we have almost passed our peak on color, but you will still get an eyefull...very nice color this year!

it's beautiful Sunni man....we have almost passed our peak on color, but you will still get an eyefull...very nice color this year!
Thanks Care,

My wife hasn't ever seen the Fall leaf colors, so this should be a real treat for her.

Also, some day I want to visit the Somali mosque in the town of Lewiston, Maine.

If sheer beauty is your goal, right now is the time to visit coastal Maine, because right now is the time when the leaves are showing off their glorious colors.

If comfort is your goal, then July is the time here. 50 degree nights and 80 degree days.

If mud is your thing then Spring is the time to visit Maine.

If you hate yourself, (or you like winter sports) then winter a great time to visit Vacationland.

Comfort sounds nice, I guess July would be the month I'd visit Maine.
Looks very pretty.

I keep my boat in Portland, Me. I love cruising the coast of Maine. Casco Bay has got to be some of the prettiest coastline you will ever lay eyes on.

Forum List

Back