Art

C

chloe

I love looking at Art, Do you have any favorites?

audreykawasaki2rl5.jpg

audreykawasakiqm8.jpg

Audrey Kawasaki (she paints on wood)

hugosimbergrd9.jpg

Hugo Simberg

I actually like stuff like this..

angel.jpg

Nobody famous..

i lean more toward traditional artists..early american....

Attachments

• $art.jpg
    $art.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 83
  • $homerwislow.jpg
    $homerwislow.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 87
  • $imagesboat.jpg
    $imagesboat.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 103
esp georgia o'keeffe:

Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

her art is wonderfully erotic....

i love dali:

The Salvador Dali Gallery

and the spiritual works of william blake:

The Great Red Dragon Paintings of William Blake

The William Blake Page

i tend to find picasso's Guernica one of the greatest works of art:

GUERNICA 1937-Pablo Picasso's Spanish Civil War

now christo cannot be beaten for his conceptual art:

Surrounded Islands

I got to see picasso's blue phase at my local art museum great stuff!

I think my favorite artist is Michelangelo. I love the Renaissance period in general. To see these artworks in real life is amazing.

An interesting theory. If you look at the red cloud around G_d, it can be viewed as outline of the human brain. God is literally and figuratively giving Adam intellect in this depiction.

Attachments

• $creation.jpg
    $creation.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 80
  • $david.jpg
    $david.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 67
  • $pieta.jpg
    $pieta.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I think my favorite artist is Michelangelo. I love the Renaissance period in general. To see these artworks in real life is amazing.

An interesting theory. If you look at the red cloud around G_d, it can be viewed as outline of the human brain. God is literally and figuratively giving Adam intellect in this depiction.

That is interesting, I love Renaissance as well !

Anyone been to the Sistine Chapel? I was surprised to see how high the ceiling was. And the Pieta, the statue of the Madonna and Christ, it's stunning, but because an Austalian nutter broke part of it it's protected, but still a beautiful sculpture.

I like Turner and Constable in addition to appreciating - without being educated about it - the old masters. I admit to not understanding much contemporary art - I'm more National Gallery than Tate - but I do like Piet Mondrian. I remember an art teacher at school who showed us the trick in Mondrian's work and it made sense immediately.

Anyone been to the Sistine Chapel? I was surprised to see how high the ceiling was. And the Pieta, the statue of the Madonna and Christ, it's stunning, but because an Austalian nutter broke part of it it's protected, but still a beautiful sculpture.

I like Turner and Constable in addition to appreciating - without being educated about it - the old masters. I admit to not understanding much contemporary art - I'm more National Gallery than Tate - but I do like Piet Mondrian. I remember an art teacher at school who showed us the trick in Mondrian's work and it made sense immediately.

Yes, I went before the kids were born, maybe in 96 or 97. The Sistine Chapel was more stunning than how I imagined it. It was probably before the restoration. I also saw the Pieta behind the plexy glass. Did you see the David at the Academy? I can't wait to go back with the kids. I want to rent an apartment next time, so we can stay longer.

I like the Old School -- Renoir, Degas...

How about Toulouse Lautrec? I find his biography fascinating along with his work.

Yes, I went before the kids were born, maybe in 96 or 97. The Sistine Chapel was more stunning than how I imagined it. It was probably before the restoration. I also saw the Pieta behind the plexy glass. Did you see the David at the Academy? I can't wait to go back with the kids. I want to rent an apartment next time, so we can stay longer.

How about Toulouse Lautrec? I find his biography fascinating along with his work.

I went to Florence, didn't see David - saw the reproduction one in the high car park but that was it. It was towards the end of a three month campervan journey around Europe and I think I was too tired to fight the Florentine traffic.

Lautrec's stuff I like because of the colour and life in them, Paris must have been a chaotic place in those days. All that drinking of absinthe :eek:

Was in Rome in April. What amazed me most however was not the beauty of the Sistine Chapel but how many other little churches dotted around the centre of Rome also had stunningly beautiful painted ceilings.

As to which artists I like....

David Hockney. Saw an exhibition of his portraits at the National in London last year, among which was 'Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy' (which is really a lot bigger than I had anticipated)

gray6-23-2.jpg

Toulouse Lautrec - Everyone seems to love the Aristide Bruant one, but I prefer Divan Japonais (I have this poster at home).

paintings-by-henri-de-toulouse-lautrec-1.jpg

Actually, I'm a big fan of pop art...

This one of Grace Kelly for Taittinger. I've not researched it and don't know the artist, but I almost bought a full size one at the poster shop opposite the Art Institute in Chicago about 15 years ago for $400. My wife talked me out of it. I went back a year later - it was out of stock, but they could get me one - for $1200.

lgap611+linstant-grace-kelly-taittinger-champagne-reims-poster.jpg

This one I do have at home. Steinlen was a wonderful artist.

clu-51003.jpg

Of the 'classics', I would have to say one of the impressionists. I could look at impressionist paintings for days (and I have). Monet probably has produced the greatest breadth of work that I admire, but if I could have one painting in the world, it would be The Luncheon of the Boating Party....

0040-0136_fruehstueck_der_ruderer.jpg

...by Pierre-Auguste Renoir.

What a pleasant thread.

We appear to have similar tastes...:clap2:

Forum List

Back