Some differences between republicans and democrats..

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
This is taken from reddit.
The differences between the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. • /r/politics
Money in Elections and Voting

Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections (Reverse Citizens United)

For Against
Rep 0 42
Dem 54 0

Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

For Against
Rep 0 39
Dem 59 0

DISCLOSE Act

For Against
Rep 0 53
Dem 45 0

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

For Against
Rep 8 38
Dem 51 3

Repeal Taxpayer Financing of Presidential Election Campaigns

For Against
Rep 232 0
Dem 0 189

Backup Paper Ballots - Voting Record

For Against
Rep 20 170
Dem 228 0

Environment

Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

For Against
Rep 214 13
Dem 19 162

Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

For Against
Rep 218 2
Dem 4 186

"War on Terror"

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment

For Against
Rep 1 52
Dem 45 1

Patriot Act Reauthorization

For Against
Rep 196 31
Dem 54 122

Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

For Against
Rep 15 214
Dem 176 16

FISA Act Reauthorization of 2008

For Against
Rep 188 1
Dem 105 128

FISA Reauthorization of 2012

For Against
Rep 227 7
Dem 74 111

House Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For Against
Rep 2 228
Dem 172 21

Senate Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For Against
Rep 3 32
Dem 52 3

Iraq Withdrawal Amendment

For Against
Rep 2 45
Dem 47 2

Time Between Troop Deployments

For Against
Rep 6 43
Dem 50 1

Prohibits the Use of Funds for the Transfer or Release of Individuals Detained at Guantanamo

For Against
Rep 44 0
Dem 9 41

Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

For Against
Rep 5 42
Dem 50 0

Habeas Review Amendment

For Against
Rep 3 50
Dem 45 1

Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

For Against
Rep 5 42
Dem 39 12

Authorizes Further Detention After Trial During Wartime

For Against
Rep 38 2
Dem 9 49

Prohibits Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts

For Against
Rep 46 2
Dem 1 49

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

For Against
Rep 1 52
Dem 45 1

The Economy/Jobs

Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Bureau Act

For Against
Rep 4 39
Dem 55 2

American Jobs Act of 2011 - $50 billion for infrastructure projects

For Against
Rep 0 48
Dem 50 2

End the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection

For Against
Rep 39 1
Dem 1 54

Kill Credit Default Swap Regulations

For Against
Rep 38 2
Dem 18 36

Revokes tax credits for businesses that move jobs overseas

For Against
Rep 10 32
Dem 53 1

Disapproval of President's Authority to Raise the Debt Limit

For Against
Rep 233 1
Dem 6 175

Disapproval of President's Authority to Raise the Debt Limit

For Against
Rep 42 1
Dem 2 51

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

For Against
Rep 3 173
Dem 247 4

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

For Against
Rep 4 36
Dem 57 0

Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension

For Against
Rep 1 44
Dem 54 1

Reduces Funding for Food Stamps

For Against
Rep 33 13
Dem 0 52

Minimum Wage Fairness Act

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 53 1

Paycheck Fairness Act

For Against
Rep 0 40
Dem 58 1

Equal Rights

Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 54 0

Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

For Against
Rep 41 3
Dem 2 52

Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

For Against
Rep 6 47
Dem 42 2

Family Planning

Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

For Against
Rep 4 50
Dem 44 1

Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

For Against
Rep 3 51
Dem 44 1

Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

For Against
Rep 3 42
Dem 53 1

Misc

Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

For Against
Rep 45 0
Dem 0 52

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Funding Amendment

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 54 0

Limits Interest Rates for Certain Federal Student Loans

For Against
Rep 0 46
Dem 46 6

Student Loan Affordability Act

For Against
Rep 0 51
Dem 45 1

Prohibiting Federal Funding of National Public Radio

For Against
Rep 228 7
Dem 0 185

House Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against
Rep 2 234
Dem 177 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against
Rep 0 46
Dem 52 0

Ok, just for shits and giggles I picked out the "Stop the War on Coal Act". Because I am a proponent of hydrocarbons and fossil fuels.

Firstly, without reading the Full Bill Text there's no clue as to what exactly is in this Act.

Secondly, there's no clue as to what riders and amendments have been attached to these. That can seriously affect the vote.

Thirdly, when I clicked on "Full Bill Text", I got this...

Due to equipment maintenance, our websites
(including loc.gov, congress.gov, copyright.gov & others) are unavailable.
We expect them to be available again by the evening of Sunday, August 30.

A similar list could be compiled showing Democrats' total reluctance to move forward something as simple as, say, voter ID. :slap:

Ok, just for shits and giggles I picked out the "Stop the War on Coal Act". Because I am a proponent of hydrocarbons and fossil fuels.

Firstly, without reading the Full Bill Text there's no clue as to what exactly is in this Act.

Secondly, there's no clue as to what riders and amendments have been attached to these. That can seriously affect the vote.

A similar list could be compiled showing Democrats' total reluctance to move forward something as simple as, say, voter ID. :slap:
Voter id? Oh please, voter id is stupid shit, voter fraud is a virtually non-existent problem, if anything, we need automatic voter registration like most countries. Yeah, republicans don't really know about their own proposal, do they?

Voter id? Oh please, voter id is stupid shit, voter fraud is a virtually non-existent problem, if anything, we need automatic voter registration like most countries. Yeah, republicans don't really know about their own proposal, do they?

Oh please, voter id is stupid shit, voter fraud is a virtually non-existent problem,

Excellent, then Dems won't lose any votes if we implement voter ID.
Makes you wonder why they whine so much about it though.

The big difference is the Republicans only vote once and don't use cemetary rosters. But then there's this:

11885197_10153132497675197_8285945984747505361_n.jpg

Oh please, voter id is stupid shit, voter fraud is a virtually non-existent problem,

You do realize voter id would only limit voting, no matter how you look at it. It's more meaningless garbage that republicans want to pass so they keep more people away from the polls.

Your OP contains a plethora of "stupid shit" Acts. That's why Republicans vote against them.

Case in point- there is in fact a "War on Coal" and it's real and it will result in skyrocketing utility rates for all Americans, including the poor and minorities. It will crash the electricity grid and result in brown-outs and black-outs.

You do realize voter id would only limit voting, no matter how you look at it. It's more meaningless garbage that republicans want to pass so they keep more people away from the polls.

You do realize voter id would only limit voting

Yes, I'd like it to limit the votes of illegals and the dead.

It's more meaningless garbage that republicans want to pass so they keep more people away from the polls.

How does it keep legitimate voters away from the polls?

Your OP contains a plethora of "stupid shit" Acts. That's why Republicans vote against them.

Case in point- there is in fact a "War on Coal" and it's real and it will result in skyrocketing utility rates for all Americans, including the poor and minorities. It will crash the electricity grid and result in brown-outs and black-outs.
Stupid shit acts? Seriously? You're the one who recognized the "stop the war on coal act" was virtually meaningless. LOL. Yeah, sure.

It's more meaningless garbage that republicans want to pass so they keep more people away from the polls.

"But is voter fraud really a problem? The Justice Department, under President George W. Bush, conducted a five-year effort to find and prosecute improper voting—and turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to affect federal elections. A separate report by the Brennan Center found that the type of voter fraud that these voter ID laws would address is “more rare than death by lightning,” while The Washington Post called the laws a “response to no known problem.” The Minnesota ACLU went so far as to offer a $1,000 reward for any example of voter impersonation in the state in the last decade. At press time, there were no takers. - See more at: Are Voter-ID Laws Racist?"
Illegals and the dead can't vote. LOL.

"But is voter fraud really a problem? The Justice Department, under President George W. Bush, conducted a five-year effort to find and prosecute improper voting—and turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to affect federal elections. A separate report by the Brennan Center found that the type of voter fraud that these voter ID laws would address is “more rare than death by lightning,” while The Washington Post called the laws a “response to no known problem.” The Minnesota ACLU went so far as to offer a $1,000 reward for any example of voter impersonation in the state in the last decade. At press time, there were no takers. - See more at: Are Voter-ID Laws Racist?"

I live in Chicago. LOL!

I live in Chicago. LOL!
Back up your claim please.

I live in Chicago. LOL!

You want my address? LOL!

I live in Chicago. LOL!

As expected, you spout talking points like "illegal immigrants are voting!"

I live in Chicago. LOL!

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted. How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

Read more at: Jaw-Dropping Study Claims Large Numbers of Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. | National Review Online

I live in Chicago. LOL!

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted. How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

Read more at: Jaw-Dropping Study Claims Large Numbers of Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. | National Review Online
"with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010"
Yeah, good luck getting me to believe that crap.

I live in Chicago. LOL!

Twelve thousand noncitizens registered to vote in Colorado; apparently 5,000 of those voted in 2010. A recent report in North Carolina by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas (of ACORN-undercover expose` fame) compared records of registered voters to prospective jurors disqualified due to noncitizenship, but who then voted in North Carolina in 2010. The State of Florida is suing the Department of Homeland Security to obtain a list of noncitizens in order to purge the state's voter rolls before the 2012 election, and was just sued in return by the Barack Obama-Eric Holder Department of Justice with a lawsuit for purging its rolls, which is required by federal law.

Voter Fraud Deniers Ignore the Facts - US News

Twelve thousand noncitizens registered to vote in Colorado; apparently 5,000 of those voted in 2010. A recent report in North Carolina by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas (of ACORN-undercover expose` fame) compared records of registered voters to prospective jurors disqualified due to noncitizenship, but who then voted in North Carolina in 2010. The State of Florida is suing the Department of Homeland Security to obtain a list of noncitizens in order to purge the state's voter rolls before the 2012 election, and was just sued in return by the Barack Obama-Eric Holder Department of Justice with a lawsuit for purging its rolls, which is required by federal law.

Voter Fraud Deniers Ignore the Facts - US News
5,000 people who were noncitizens voted in one state, err, ok?
Let's look at the reality instead of fear mongering over a tiny amount.
Why Voter ID Laws Aren’t Really about Fraud – Government / Elections / Politics - FRONTLINE

'Voter ID' laws, another example of republican advocacy of more government, less individual liberty; a moronic 'solution' in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

'Voter ID' laws, another example of republican advocacy of more government

Yeah, the added burden of showing an ID that you already need for so many things already.
It's like another gulag. Moron.

New Topics

Forum List

Back