Solution to dependance on overseas oil and Climate Change

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
From what I can tell, if the U.S. can produce 6 times the corn we currently produce as a nation, we can make enough Ethanol to replace our oil. For example, in Minnesota and Wisconsin about 50% of the surface area is land that theoretically could be used for, except is not currently being used for any agriculture. About 10% of Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas are as well. All of those areas are well suited to corn production. Every single acre in the Midwest that is technically suitable for agriculture, except is not being used for it, will become a corn field. If you live there and you are not a farmer, you either become a corn farmer or you get re-settled and we bring in foreigners to farm the land. The government will buy every home and every business of the people they re-settle. They will be given a cash settlement.
Next, the government will take your car and give you an ethanol car. We will have to replace transportation vehicles, tanks, military aircraft etc. There would be an initial cost, except it would be worth it in the end.

I thought we already produced so much corn that we put Mexican farmers out of business. Mexican eat about 90%+ of corn made in USA.
Trump tells you NAFTA is so unfair for US.

They have tried that. What it does is shoots the price of corn through the roof making it non-economical.

Funny how liberal solutions always shoot energy costs through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back