Social Programs.

The "illegal immigrants do the work that legal Americans won't" argument is a straw man. There's no way to prove it, no evidence that it's true. It's a lower rung job and whoever happens to be among the lower rung will do it. If we tighten down on illegals, there will still be plenty of legals to do the work, I promise you.

Let me tell you one of the primary forms of discrimination being pursued these days....discimination against ILLEGALS. They are brought over by family, then their illegality is used against them..by landlords, by their significant others, by PIMPS, to control them. There is no reason these people should be illegal, they could be legal...we help our clients attain their Visas every year. Generally they are women who come to us after being battered by abusive husbands, who have kept them down for years. Then finally someone calls the cops, he gets arrested, and suddenly, they have no income, no way to work, no license, no car, and their children are all legal.

You aren't doing illegals any favors by encouraging people to bring them in.

The bleeding heart mentlity of many americans has caused many of the problems we are confronting today - and it will get worse - trust me. This country can't continue to try to be ALL to ALL people around the world! It's impossible - which we are finding out.

The "illegal immigrants do the work that legal Americans won't" argument is a straw man. There's no way to prove it, no evidence that it's true. It's a lower rung job and whoever happens to be among the lower rung will do it. If we tighten down on illegals, there will still be plenty of legals to do the work, I promise you.

In some ways you are right but I have to disagree with you in another way. There are U.S. citizens that would do the back breaking work that I spoke of earlier, but they won't do it for the pay that the illegals will do it for. Seal the borders and you would see the inflation rate sky-rocket for a while. Because a U. S. citizen is not going to work for the pay that these corporations get away with paying illegals, not to mention the increase in costs for the corporations in payroll taxes and other benefits.

I'm not justifying that, just stating that is the case. The reason we have such a problem with illegal aliens is capitalistic in nature. The corporations are producing a product to sell to us. They want to keep their costs of production down as low as they (and their competition) can get it so that they can keep the price of their product down so that we, the consumer, will buy it. Thus they risk employing illegal aliens who will work for a pittance and a shack full of roaches in the corner of the field. In the meantime, the rest of us, turn our heads and look the other way because we don't want to pay $25 for a bottle of ketchup.

Let me tell you one of the primary forms of discrimination being pursued these days....discimination against ILLEGALS. They are brought over by family, then their illegality is used against them..by landlords, by their significant others, by PIMPS, to control them. There is no reason these people should be illegal, they could be legal...we help our clients attain their Visas every year. Generally they are women who come to us after being battered by abusive husbands, who have kept them down for years. Then finally someone calls the cops, he gets arrested, and suddenly, they have no income, no way to work, no license, no car, and their children are all legal.

The thing is that "WE"... that means you as well... are the ones that are encouraging people to bring them in.

Immie

In some ways you are right but I have to disagree with you in another way. There are U.S. citizens that would do the back breaking work that I spoke of earlier, but they won't do it for the pay that the illegals will do it for. Seal the borders and you would see the inflation rate sky-rocket for a while. Because a U. S. citizen is not going to work for the pay that these corporations get away with paying illegals, not to mention the increase in costs for the corporations in payroll taxes and other benefits.

I'm not justifying that, just stating that is the case. The reason we have such a problem with illegal aliens is capitalistic in nature. The corporations are producing a product to sell to us. They want to keep their costs of production down as low as they (and their competition) can get it so that they can keep the price of their product down so that we, the consumer, will buy it. Thus they risk employing illegal aliens who will work for a pittance and a shack full of roaches in the corner of the field. In the meantime, the rest of us, turn our heads and look the other way because we don't want to pay $25 for a bottle of ketchup.

The thing is that "WE"... that means you as well... are the ones that are encouraging people to bring them in.

Immie

The gov. has seen to it that they make at least min. wage.

Immie

The gov. has seen to it that they make at least min. wage.

Illegal aliens? Are you kidding me? They are paid cash under the table... and minimum wage would be like winning the lottery for them.

Immie

Illegals who are NOT paid the minimum wage have taken employers to court and won big! Don't kid yourselves. As I said before - EVERYBODY who has both feet in this country no matter their status, is protected by the U.S. Constitution.

The day laborers around here get around ten bucks an hour and 15 if they speak English. That's tax free and more than min wage. Many of them live with their extended families so their rent is cheap.Then they get food stamps and free education and medical for their anchor babies. Its a living. If it wasn't, they'd leave.

You are absolutely right on! It is this government who is to blame for these people coming over by the thousands on a daily basis. If all these perks were not in place for them, they would seek another country to escape to. But - I am still against them coming over illgally no matter their reasons. As long as this country keeps giving freebies to them, the flow will continue.

Illegal aliens? Are you kidding me? They are paid cash under the table... and minimum wage would be like winning the lottery for them.

Immie
What part of mexico are you from?

That would be California. :) Born in Santa Maria and raised in the SF Bay Area.

They tell me that it used to belong to Mexico long before I was born and that the Mexicans want to steal it back from us.

The day laborers around here get around ten bucks an hour and 15 if they speak English. That's tax free and more than min wage. Many of them live with their extended families so their rent is cheap.Then they get food stamps and free education and medical for their anchor babies. Its a living. If it wasn't, they'd leave.

Maybe the ones that work at Walmart sweeping the floors in the middle of the night or the ones that work as maids in the cheap motels but the ones that work the back breaking field work that we won't do... don't and my guess is that you could not get an American High School student to pick tomatoes for $25/hr. They are not going to do that kind of work. There is much easier work to be had.

Immie

You are absolutely right on! It is this government who is to blame for these people coming over by the thousands on a daily basis. If all these perks were not in place for them, they would seek another country to escape to. But - I am still against them coming over illgally no matter their reasons. As long as this country keeps giving freebies to them, the flow will continue.

That is basically what I have been trying to say although it is not only the government. We want them here too because we won't do the work that they will do for the wages they earn. As long as we continue to have that kind of an attitude, they are going to keep coming. Sure, there are some Americans who will do the work, but those Americans are going to expect higher wages, benefits and perks that illegals are not going to ask for.

I'm against them coming here as well. This thread did not start out about whether or not illegals should come here or should be welcomed. Froggy asked the question, and it was a good question, about our taxes going to support illegal aliens. My comment was that I would rather support hungry children coming over here from Mexico than to line the pockets of corrupt Congressmen and I still feel that way!

Edit: Now if you want to ask the question about whether or not we should allow illegal aliens in the country and whether or not we should give them benefits for being here, well, the answer would be somewhat different. No, we should not allow illegal aliens to break our laws and enter the country illegally and then give them tax dollars for doing so. We should not do it... but I would still rather do that then line the pockets of Alan Grayson and his corrupt co-horts!

Immie

Last edited:
You are right Immie about the field workers. But they could grant them guest worker permits. But we also know that many are using stolen ss#s and pay into the system and then qualify for unemployment. We need e-verify.

Its a damned good living for illegals in the US. Wonder if Mexico supplies anything like it for the illegals in their country?? How about a Jail cell?? Thats about it.

If our borders were secure and we had a good guest worker program, would not be having this discussion. Our Govt is at fault here and doesn't care how much money we taxpayers shell out to take care of those who are in this country ILLEGALLY. Politics at its best.

New Topics

Forum List

Back