Social Control via Fear

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
This might better belong in Conspiracy, but something that made the news recently is the terrorist group Isis (no, not the Archer thing heh.) Describing the group as 'so extreme even Al-Qaeda distances itself from them' my first thought was of new strains of HIV dubbed 'Super AIDS.' And with waning support for the War on Terror, seemingly all of a sudden we now have a 'Super Al-Qaeda.' Maybe it's a real thing, maybe it's concoted for various reasons, but I do wonder about such things.

When people are afraid, they give those with power more power obstensibly to keep them safe and alleviate their fear. We've been at war for so long now, I think we've moved past our fear and now as if on cue, a new threat has emerged to rekindle that fear.

Last edited:
Look up the definition of "terrorism." It is the attempt to modify people's behavior through fear (of further attacks). When a suicide bomber blows herself up in a marketplace, she is attempting not only to kill her immediate victims, but to cause everyone else to fear further attacks, and hence to stay away from the marketplace and bring down the prevailing power structure.

Forum List

Back