So, your thinking about buying your first handgun.

What kind of gun would be best to stop a coyote from killing my cat, or a black bear?

I am so clueless on this crud..... but it just seems wrong living on the edge of wilderness without one....almost suicidal to NOT have a gun or riffle..... :(

The probability that you'll be there ready and armed to save your cat should a coyote be stalking it is pretty damned low.

Have you ever SEEN this coyote, Care?

No?

Wiley aren't they?

You want to protect your cat from a coyote, buy a big dog.

They're ALWAYS on duty, and unlike you, they'll know when that coyote is in the neighborhood.

The probability that you'll be there ready and armed to save your cat should a coyote be stalking it is pretty damned low.

No?

Wiley aren't they?

They're ALWAYS on duty, and unlike you, they'll know when that coyote is in the neighborhood.

I was on the phone with my friend who lives in Beverly Hills, and all of a sudden she starts screaming that there is a coyote outside her window. Her dog took off after the coyote and chased it away. So it is possible to see a coyote in the city.

Likewise a friend of mine and I went for a walk here one night and a red fox followed us for about half a mile. Maybe he thought he could take one of us out!

No?

Wiley aren't they?

Good advice, except buy the dog as a puppy so it will grow up with the cat. Otherwise they'll never get along.

I have a 21# rat terrier that has treed a bear, twice. :lol:

I was on the phone with my friend who lives in Beverly Hills, and all of a sudden she starts screaming that there is a coyote outside her window. Her dog took off after the coyote and chased it away. So it is possible to see a coyote in the city.

Likewise a friend of mine and I went for a walk here one night and a red fox followed us for about half a mile. Maybe he thought he could take one of us out!

Animals are losing their fear of mankind, or so I'm informed.

Coyotes, fox, even moose seem to have learned that people don't shoot them when they're in the towns and cities.

But they don't like DOGS.

It's no accident that men and dogs have had a long standing contract to take care of each other.

As Glock just pointed out even a rat terrier annoys wild animals.

If you live on the edge of the wildness, and I think some of you do, as I do, then having a dog is a damned good idea.

Having a couple dogs, even better.

Animals are losing their fear of mankind, or so I'm informed.

Coyotes, fox, even moose seem to have learned that people don't shoot them when they're in the towns and cities.

But they don't like DOGS.

It's no accident that men and dogs have had a long standing contract to take care of each other.

As Glock just pointed out even a rat terrier annoys wild animals.

If you live on the edge of the wildness, and I think some of you do, as I do, then having a dog is a damned good idea.

Having a couple dogs, even better.
Still need a pistol or shotgun through, in case the bear or, more likely, a two legged intruder kills the dog then goes after you.

Forum List

Back