So you go to your thermostat and try to raise the temperature up because "Baby it is cold outside", but there is no Natural Gas to heat your house....

Using electrolysis, you're correct. However, there is a method for hacking the photosynthesis of algae plants to make them exude hydrogen instead of oxygen.

This is being done on a fairly large scale by Israel.
What are the numbers? What is involved in capturing, compressing, liquifying, and storing the H2?

Hydrogen is not an energy-dense fuel.

Burn wood.
That's what I do! So much beetle-killed spruce around here, I don't even have to kill fresh trees and taking out the beetle kill helps combat more beetles and helps prevent wildfires. My burning wood is good for the environment, provides me with lots of exercise and an incentive to literally clean my house from top-to-bottom after Winter has run its course.
I LMAO when I get lectured about burning wood, or petroleum products by people who insist that wind and solar will save the world. You have to have sunshine or wind to power those things and if you've ever seen some of those windfarms, now that's what I'd describe as a lovely landscape. Miles upon miles of those giant fans as far as you can see. Great for wildlife, too. Wonder what they use for lubricants for those machines? Wonder how the cables that move all the power are made and what they are made of? Oh, and don't get me started about battery-powered vehicles...
Former, former president Hussein issued a permit for windmill farms to kill endangered migratory bird species like eagles but PETA is silent.

Image result for hydrogen from water efficiency1612652900724.jpeg1612652900724.jpeg

Considering the industrial production of hydrogen, and using current best processes for water electrolysis (PEM or alkaline electrolysis) which have an effective electrical efficiency of 70–80%, producing 1 kg of hydrogen (which has a specific energy of 143 MJ/kg) requires 50–55 kW⋅h (180–200 MJ) of electricity.

Using electrolysis, you're correct. However, there is a method for hacking the photosynthesis of algae plants to make them exude hydrogen instead of oxygen.

This is being done on a fairly large scale by Israel.
What are the numbers? What is involved in capturing, compressing, liquifying, and storing the H2?

Hydrogen is not an energy-dense fuel.
You might have posed your initial question a little bit better rather than just posting hydrogen sink. Maybe like asking why hydrogen would be considered.

That it is a fuel with no carbon in it and available in virtually unlimited quantities makes it very valuable.

Uncomfortable Cold is About to Get Downright Dangerous (msn.com)

The Weather Channel

Uncomfortable Cold is About to Get Downright Dangerous

Now think about the title of this OP, and if the Green New Deal gets rid of all the necessary products that you use to heat your house? Oh you have a fireplace and you could just chop down trees and use the lumber to burn? Not very clean as that produces more CO2 than NG, and what about killing the tree that is supposed to save the planet by removing the CO2? Oh yeah, not very environmentally friendly there, you killer of trees. So you can continue to be a fucking moron and believe the planet is going to burn up in 11 years now, or actually pull your head out of your ass and see what is coming this way and how you will be fucked by the progressive assholes who will have their mansion heated by the very fuel you are supposed to not use.
Did they get rid of fire, blankets and clothing?

Forum List

Back