So when you die, you don't die?

Uknow_me72

Apr 15, 2008
From CNN.com - Somethings are changing, they have too.

What was your first interview like with someone who had reported an out-of-body experience?

Eye-opening and very humbling. Because what you see is that, first of all, they are completely genuine people who are not looking for any kind of fame or attention. In many cases they haven't even told anybody else about it because they're afraid of what people will think of them. I have about five hundred or so cases of people that I've interviewed since I first started out more than ten years ago. It's the consistency of the experiences, the reality of what they were describing. I managed to speak to doctors and nurses who had been present who said these patients had told them exactly what had happened and they couldn't explain it. I actually documented a few of those in my book What Happens When We Die because I wanted people to get both angles —not just the patients' side but also get the doctors' side — and see how it feels for the doctors to have a patient come back and tell them what was going on. There was a cardiologist that I spoke with who said he hasn't told anyone else about it because he has no explanation for how this patient could have been able to describe in detail what he had said and done. He was so freaked out by it that he just decided not to think about it anymore.

Source - What Happens When We Die? - TIME

This goes against almost every current belief that most people in the world has. It further does express that life and who are may not actually be a mistake if after we die, we don't die....

THIS strikes the same chord as Satanic Ritual Abuse from the 80s...

I drown when I was 8.

Yeah, the whole life passing, floating over my body, follow the white light, and then a brief visit to a place that looked vaguely like a bus station where my reluctant and obviously embarrassed grandmother told me I had to go back.

Hey, no idea what all that means except that it happened to me.

And do bear in mind in 1958 NOBODY talked about near death experiences either, so it wasn't like I expected that to happen to me, you know?

I never told anyone in my family because I wasn't supposed to be down at the river, so if I'd told them "Oh by the way, I died today and saw Gramdma, but she sent me back to life because I wasn't ready to die" I'd have gotten my ass whipped for sure.

In fact, the first time I read sombody else's experience that was SO SIMILAR, (probably in the 70s) I was quite flabbergasted how very similar their near death experience was to mine.

It is entirely possible that these similar hallucinations are just what the brain does as it's starving for oxygen.

OTOH, maybe I went to limbo or someplace, too. (incidently, as a Lutheran, I don't believe in Limbo, but I sure as hell wasn't in any heaven I'd come to expect, either)

Eventually I'll either find out I had gone to the after life and came back when I was 8, or it won't matter.

I'm willing to wait to find out.

It might be worth noting that what we see with our mind isn't exactly what we see with our eyes. The optic nerve and blood vessels in the retina are blind. The brain pieces the picture together on a regular basis. It does something similar with sensations. We feel in our brains based on input from the nerves. Our mind creates a 3D illusion so we'll know how to deal with it.

On a side issue, we've all experienced a moment of trying to find something hidden that was blatantly easy to see once we found it. Now take that into consideration with the crucial roll vision plays in our brains and you can concieve of how people manage to unobserve blatant trends in society and nature.

*This was declared by someone on another forum and it seems logical to me.

Last edited:
On a side issue, we've all experienced a moment of trying to find something hidden that was blatantly easy to see once we found it. Now take that into consideration with the crucial roll vision plays in our brains and you can concieve of how people manage to unobserve blatant trends in society and nature.

*This was declared by someone on another forum and it seems logical to me.
hahahahahaha!

I just figured what i temporarily lost ....went in to the 5th, 6th, 7th-11th etc dimention and managed it's way back again when it miraculously apperared right before my eyes and i found it!!!! lol :eusa_eh:

No. I was tangentializing to what the guy was saying about how your brain actually interprets signals from your eyeballs.

I don't give a crap about this life after death or extra dimension stuff (yet).

No. I was tangentializing to what the guy was saying about how your brain actually interprets signals from your eyeballs.

I don't give a crap about this life after death or extra dimension stuff (yet).

You win a cookie!

Just a lame way to say I agree. Science explained 'out-of-body' garbage a long time ago, people are still resisting it. Here's the REALLY important question they avoid, if heaven and hell exist and all these people actually did die, then why did ALL of them (atheists, agnostic, even scientologists) also go through the same 'heavenly' experience? The answer is simple, it's a halucination concocted by our subconscious to cope, nothing more.

You win a cookie!

Just a lame way to say I agree. Science explained 'out-of-body' garbage a long time ago, people are still resisting it. Here's the REALLY important question they avoid, if heaven and hell exist and all these people actually did die, then why did ALL of them (atheists, agnostic, even scientologists) also go through the same 'heavenly' experience? The answer is simple, it's a halucination concocted by our subconscious to cope, nothing more.

Science has never definitively explained it...they are only speculating, as with all others.

Science has not explained how those with out of body experiences, the dead, were able to float above their bodies while dead, and then when brought back to life, describe from the view of above the body, EVERY MOVE the doctors and nurses were doing while the person was dead.

you need to do a little more reading on out of body experiences Kitten, it is quite interesting.

Care

Science has never definitively explained it...they are only speculating, as with all others.

Science has not explained how those with out of body experiences, the dead, were able to float above their bodies while dead, and then when brought back to life, describe from the view of above the body, EVERY MOVE the doctors and nurses were doing while the person was dead.

you need to do a little more reading on out of body experiences Kitten, it is quite interesting.

Care

No, never have they given details that would not be observed from their bodies position. Not once. The mind can alter the angle of memory while it is recorded very easily but cannot fill in details which it does not observe. There has not been on unexplained case of OOB. Here is a light-hearted collection of some data and the scientific explanations offered.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

As well as a few on other 'pseudo-sciences'.

You win a cookie!

No, I do not agree with OOBE being genuine. I agreed to nothing, I made a tangential comment to JLA1178.

What JLA1178 referred to was actual nuerological process.
What Care4all was referring to was metaphysical fluff.

Our perception of things are frequently wrong.
Just because you see a light or float above your body when you die doesn't mean you've seen heaven...or hell.

No, I do not agree with OOBE being genuine. I agreed to nothing, I made a tangential comment to JLA1178.

What JLA1178 referred to was actual nuerological process.
What Care4all was referring to was metaphysical fluff.

To which I agree. It was me agreeing with you.

Here's the REALLY important question they avoid, if heaven and hell exist and all these people actually did die, then why did ALL of them (atheists, agnostic, even scientologists) also go through the same 'heavenly' experience? The answer is simple, it's a halucination concocted by our subconscious to cope, nothing more.

Well yeah, that is one explaination, of course.

The other possbile explaination is that it doesn't matter what you believe.

I'm as willing to accept that my brain (and other people's brains) go though the same processes (of hallucinating) while they're dying.

However, we can't ALL have the same floating over our bodies watching people trying to save us hallucinations because we are not all dying under the same circumstances.

There is probably some logical real world explanation for this experience.

OTOH, maybe not.

Here's the REALLY important question they avoid, if heaven and hell exist and all these people actually did die, then why did ALL of them (atheists, agnostic, even scientologists) also go through the same 'heavenly' experience?

Damn! And you were doing so well too...and then you offer this steaming pile of illogical crap, no offense. If a universal afterlife does exist, then one should logically EXPECT everyone to go through the same experience, REGARDLESS of their faith. Your argument only holds true when you apply it to a specific religious dogma (i.e. one that believes in a place for good people versus a place for bad people).

Damn! And you were doing so well too...and then you offer this steaming pile of illogical crap, no offense. If a universal afterlife does exist, then one should logically EXPECT everyone to go through the same experience, REGARDLESS of their faith. Your argument only holds true when you apply it to a specific religious dogma (i.e. one that believes in a place for good people versus a place for bad people).

Spot on.

I'm fairly certain that many of you must have read with some relief that my after-life/near-death experience didn't include 72 virgins, for example.

I guess, given that my Grandmother met me at the station, that it didn't even include one virgin.

Sorry, it's hard to not assume that everyone believes the same dogma when one first arrives. However, that aside, there is still a lot of study done to show that there is always a logical explanation. I am busy multi-tasking with Java code right now, searching in three other tabs for information on other non-related topics, so I can't wast more resources looking into specific links (like so many people prefer) and I can't stand wiki (any nutjob with a keyboard being able to add or edit it makes it fiction, not fact). But I do have a few links saved:

Sorry I don't remember which one has the info, but one actually talks to a few scientists on the matter.

Forum List

Back