So when you die, you don't die?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Uknow_me72, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Uknow_me72

Uknow_me72 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    From CNN.com - Somethings are changing, they have too.

Source - What Happens When We Die? - TIME

This goes against almost every current belief that most people in the world has. It further does express that life and who are may not actually be a mistake if after we die, we don't die....

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    THIS strikes the same chord as Satanic Ritual Abuse from the 80s...

3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    wow! really cool!

4. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,766
    The only thing for sure that happens when you die is people like you more.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I drown when I was 8.

Yeah, the whole life passing, floating over my body, follow the white light, and then a brief visit to a place that looked vaguely like a bus station where my reluctant and obviously embarrassed grandmother told me I had to go back.

Hey, no idea what all that means except that it happened to me.

And do bear in mind in 1958 NOBODY talked about near death experiences either, so it wasn't like I expected that to happen to me, you know?

I never told anyone in my family because I wasn't supposed to be down at the river, so if I'd told them "Oh by the way, I died today and saw Gramdma, but she sent me back to life because I wasn't ready to die" I'd have gotten my ass whipped for sure.

In fact, the first time I read sombody else's experience that was SO SIMILAR, (probably in the 70s) I was quite flabbergasted how very similar their near death experience was to mine.

It is entirely possible that these similar hallucinations are just what the brain does as it's starving for oxygen.

OTOH, maybe I went to limbo or someplace, too. (incidently, as a Lutheran, I don't believe in Limbo, but I sure as hell wasn't in any heaven I'd come to expect, either)

Eventually I'll either find out I had gone to the after life and came back when I was 8, or it won't matter.

I'm willing to wait to find out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. jla1178

jla1178 Rank Stranger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It might be worth noting that what we see with our mind isn't exactly what we see with our eyes. The optic nerve and blood vessels in the retina are blind. The brain pieces the picture together on a regular basis. It does something similar with sensations. We feel in our brains based on input from the nerves. Our mind creates a 3D illusion so we'll know how to deal with it.

7. Gungnir

Gungnir Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    On a side issue, we've all experienced a moment of trying to find something hidden that was blatantly easy to see once we found it. Now take that into consideration with the crucial roll vision plays in our brains and you can concieve of how people manage to unobserve blatant trends in society and nature.

*This was declared by someone on another forum and it seems logical to me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    hahahahahaha!

I just figured what i temporarily lost ....went in to the 5th, 6th, 7th-11th etc dimention and managed it's way back again when it miraculously apperared right before my eyes and i found it!!!! lol :eusa_eh:

9. Gungnir

Gungnir Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    No. I was tangentializing to what the guy was saying about how your brain actually interprets signals from your eyeballs.

I don't give a crap about this life after death or extra dimension stuff (yet).

10. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    You win a cookie!

Just a lame way to say I agree. Science explained 'out-of-body' garbage a long time ago, people are still resisting it. Here's the REALLY important question they avoid, if heaven and hell exist and all these people actually did die, then why did ALL of them (atheists, agnostic, even scientologists) also go through the same 'heavenly' experience? The answer is simple, it's a halucination concocted by our subconscious to cope, nothing more.