So, what is so controversial/discomforting about interracial romance anyway?

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
I've heard it said that interracial romantic relationships can disturb people when they see members of their race in them...can anyone explain why exactly it would discomfort one to see members of his/her race in a romantic relationship with someone of another race?

Thanks for all answers.

(PS: I was on these boards a few months ago but my views have changed a lot since then.)

The OP is responding to a position no one has taken (at least not yet - maybe some assholes will show up and make him happy).

It's hard on the eyes?

:lol:

really, this is news?

I know that it's discomforting for some but what I'm trying to understand is why is it discomforting? It's just a man and a woman being romantic with each other. What exactly about it would be so upsetting to some? (no scratching head emoticon available)

The OP is responding to a position no one has taken (at least not yet - maybe some assholes will show up and make him happy).

Actually Sir/Ma'am, the OP is speaking from personal experience knowing how some people are affected by seeing interracial relationships...I don't know why you are continuously making false accusations against me on my threads but whatever.

Actually Sir/Ma'am, the OP is speaking from personal experience knowing how some people are affected by seeing interracial relationships...I don't know why you are continuously making false accusations against me on my threads but whatever.

Relate one such anecdote if you can, rather than assuming an argument that had not yet existed on this thread.

Relate one such anecdote if you can, rather than assuming an argument that had not yet existed on this thread.

Lol don't know if your wires are crossed but what I said is that I have heard people discuss discomfort in seeing members of their race in interracial romantic relationships...there is no "anecdote" lol; I have heard Black leadership discuss it and ordinary Black people discuss it. Lol. Does that meet your approval.

Lol don't know if your wires are crossed but what I said is that I have heard people discuss discomfort in seeing members of their race in interracial romantic relationships...there is no "anecdote"....

So, you were lying then?

If you really "heard something" you could relate the details under which you 'heard' it. If you were just making shit up in the first place...

Lololol you apparently don't know what "anecdote" means...I have told you Sir/Ma'am that I have heard Black leadership discuss it and ordinary Blacks discuss it...you are kind of wasting my time no offense...just to let you know, more time wasting will result in me placing you on ignore...

Peace.

unks a dood

and I dated a really hot chick, that was black. She liked me, even though I was much younger b/c I had gentlemanly manners (got the door, took he coat, etc)

we got stared at in public, made her nervous, not me though, it was exciting for 2 reasons, she was hot and I was young enough to think I could whip anyone.

this was in the mid 80's, so most people that cared are very old by now

Over the years I've had several interracial couples among my friends. Every one of them nice people. Sadly, though, all of them have since divorced though there was no common reason and no abuse. In most of the situations they remained friendly. Looking back on it I believe most of the problems were caused by external pressures by both blacks and whites opposed to their being together.

People who, in their same-race marriages, were already unhappy but sort of interia-bound together so set upon making others miserable, too.

unks a dood

and I dated a really hot chick, that was black. She liked me, even though I was much younger b/c I had gentlemanly manners (got the door, took he coat, etc)

we got stared at in public, made her nervous, not me though, it was exciting for 2 reasons, she was hot and I was young enough to think I could whip anyone.

this was in the mid 80's, so most people that cared are very old by now

I see...so you're saying that nowadays race is not the issue that it use to be?

Presuming that that's what you're saying, a Black female musician named Alicia Keys made a very wonderful song (circa 2010) about interracial relationships in which she described potentially being with a White romantic partner as "doing the unthinkable." I wonder what makes engaging in interracial relationships doing "the unthinkable" to some...

Over the years I've had several interracial couples among my friends. Every one of them nice people. Sadly, though, all of them have since divorced though there was no common reason and no abuse. In most of the situations they remained friendly. Looking back on it I believe most of the problems were caused by external pressures by both blacks and whites opposed to their being together.

People who, in their same-race marriages, were already unhappy but sort of interia-bound together so set upon making others miserable, too.

You might have made a typo but I think it really does disturb some people when they see members of their race in an interracial relationship...I would just like to know why exactly it is disturbing to them.

If you really "heard something" you could relate the details under which you 'heard' it. If you were just making shit up in the first place...

Lololol you apparently don't know what "anecdote" means...I have told you Sir/Ma'am that I have heard Black leadership discuss it and ordinary Blacks discuss it....

Who? When? Where? Under what circumstances? In what context?

New Topics

Forum List

Back