So Proud of My Newest Purchase

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Not sure if I posted this or not, but I picked up an AWESOME comic. It is signed by artist Bob Wiacek, icon Stan Lee, artist and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and artist and Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld.

Stan Lee and Bob Wiacek is verified authentic by comic grading company CGC. The Todd McFarlane and Rob Liefeld is PSA/DNA certified authentic. It's also graded a 9.6 as part of CGC's signature series. It is the first appearance of Cable, who is going to be a huge part of the upcoming movie Deadpool 2 and is portrayed by Josh Brolin.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Good for you, bro.
I have Manbat Batman and all The Punisher Series.

All may be dog-eared. :rolleyes:

Nice. I got Stan Lee to sign his memoir at the L.A. book festival a few years back. I was within the first 200 people in line, so we got to personally see him sign our books and take quick pictures of him signing (everyone else got pre-signed books handed to them by Stan Lee).

He was at a comicon close to me and I was thinking of going until I saw he charges $100 for a signature and like another $100 for a photo op.

Nice. I got Stan Lee to sign his memoir at the L.A. book festival a few years back. I was within the first 200 people in line, so we got to personally see him sign our books and take quick pictures of him signing (everyone else got pre-signed books handed to them by Stan Lee).

He was at a comicon close to me and I was thinking of going until I saw he charges $100 for a signature and like another $100 for a photo op.

Yeah, I only paid $30 for his book. There was no ticket required to get into the book festival. I got there around 5:30 a.m., and I think I waited until about 10 a.m. or so when I got the book signed. I didn't get a picture taken with Stan Lee, but I was able to take a few quick pics of him signing my copy of the book.

Basically, for about $30, I got a copy of his book, got to meet Stan Lee for like 40 seconds, got a few pictures of him, and got him to sign the book lol.

Here is a picture of the latest addition to my collection. X-men #266 first appearance of Gambit CGC Signature Series 9.2 signed by Claremont, Kubert, Jim Lee, and Rubenstein.

5485-1529506547-209d5e1c8d05d868c21d2adfa00fe0e8.jpg
5484-1529506538-8f64d9cf26fc7f9ed4ff5c068cda659b.jpg

Girls sort of supplanted my interests in comic books.

I'm not buying them for fun. I have about $300 in this book through the raw book, the cost of the signatures, and the grading.

Now however, this book has a value of about $650. My next book is going to be Avengers Annual #10 first appearance of Rogue that I'm going to get signed by Michale Golden.

I'm not buying them for fun. I have about $300 in this book through the raw book, the cost of the signatures, and the grading.

Now however, this book has a value of about $650. My next book is going to be Avengers Annual #10 first appearance of Rogue that I'm going to get signed by Michale Golden.
The book’s real value is what someone else is willing to pay you for it.

The book’s real value is what someone else is willing to pay you for it.

Yeah I know that... that's why now people use eBay sold listings for comps.

My newest acquisition. It is signed by the creator of The Punisher Gerry Conway and by the famous Frank Miller. Some might now Frank Miller from the movies 300 and sin City.

46854323_2216433271753673_6117764833900232704_n.jpg

Forum List

Back