So now I hate my husband: he wants to call the pup Abigail.

He could have wanted to name the dog after an old girlfriend

Abby is not a bad name for a dog

No freaking way; :) Female black and tan coon hound from a fabulous line of great hunting dogs.

Suggestions are welcome but remember I am the one who started Sandman Cathaoulas and named my most wonderful beasties.

It's hard to name a girl. Calling Ripley made so much sense ( Rhodesian Ridgeback in case you dont know. Taveller nailed it with her.

I can't believe he wants Abigail. :eusa_angel:

Well...Abby is a nice name (I'm partial, I used to have an Abby)....

short for

Abby Normal ;)

I haven't checked in for forever. Great suggestions all.

Had a great breeder pass on that I knew.

This man, this man. Orval took a dying breed and brought the breed back to life. And he kept it alive. He just passed in February. Grayson Louisiana.

I knew him from Winnfield and my hog bays. He was dedicated to Plott hounds. He was one hell of a dog man. RIP old friend.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I think she's going to be my Raven. I think she'll be my Raven

1973676.jpg

Obituary For: Orval Evon Roberts | Riser Funeral Homes

I thought you already had a dog named Raven? It's in your list in your opening post. If so, shouldn't you come up with something unique?

(sorry...in your second post in the thread)

Raven wasn't for me.

It was a name given to a pup from my first litter. You have to remember my kennel was named Sandman Catahoulas and the pups so I could recognize and deal with them were all named after wrestlers. Most kept their names. I can give you all their names; just some fun.

I've never had a Raven in my personal life. The only time in my whole life when I duplicated a name for a beastie was Pyewacket.

Old orange and white. 21 years he stayed with me. I say the name was wonderous for him. 21 years.

So now this one. Raven. She'll be my girl.

Oh and no offense ever to all the "Abby" people.

Just that won't be my girls name and we are nuking each other on it. :)

Raven sounds good....I may have missed this but is she a Plott?

Over a year ago, in February, we found a Plott hound - she'd been dumped obviously, was very thin and very pregnant and, very sweet. Friday, we found a Red Tick...also obviously dumped. Saw him running along the road towards the interstate. I pulled over and he ran right to me and wanted to jump in the car - over joyed. Usually, when I find a stray dog, particularly a hound - they look at me and keep going (they're on a mission, typically involving the nose)...this guy was very sweet and wouldn't leave me. I had to take him to the shelter because I already have too many dogs, but I'm trying to find a rescue for him. It's hard with the big coonhounds.

I haven't checked in for forever. Great suggestions all.

Had a great breeder pass on that I knew.

This man, this man. Orval took a dying breed and brought the breed back to life. And he kept it alive. He just passed in February. Grayson Louisiana.

I knew him from Winnfield and my hog bays. He was dedicated to Plott hounds. He was one hell of a dog man. RIP old friend.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I think she's going to be my Raven. I think she'll be my Raven

1973676.jpg

Obituary For: Orval Evon Roberts | Riser Funeral Homes

I thought you already had a dog named Raven? It's in your list in your opening post. If so, shouldn't you come up with something unique?

(sorry...in your second post in the thread)

Raven wasn't for me.

It was a name given to a pup from my first litter. You have to remember my kennel was named Sandman Catahoulas and the pups so I could recognize and deal with them were all named after wrestlers. Most kept their names. I can give you all their names; just some fun.

I've never had a Raven in my personal life. The only time in my whole life when I duplicated a name for a beastie was Pyewacket.

Old orange and white. 21 years he stayed with me. I say the name was wonderous for him. 21 years.

So now this one. Raven. She'll be my girl.

Ah, yes, Pyewacket is hard to resist. I've never had a cat named that, though. I'll have to keep it in mind.

So, Raven it is, for your pup, huh? Abby would never have worked, if you don't like it...you don't like it! : )

Last edited:
Raven sounds good....I may have missed this but is she a Plott?

Over a year ago, in February, we found a Plott hound - she'd been dumped obviously, was very thin and very pregnant and, very sweet. Friday, we found a Red Tick...also obviously dumped. Saw him running along the road towards the interstate. I pulled over and he ran right to me and wanted to jump in the car - over joyed. Usually, when I find a stray dog, particularly a hound - they look at me and keep going (they're on a mission, typically involving the nose)...this guy was very sweet and wouldn't leave me. I had to take him to the shelter because I already have too many dogs, but I'm trying to find a rescue for him. It's hard with the big coonhounds.

Black and tan. If I was younger I'd go for another catahoula but I want to relax these days.:eusa_angel:

Regarding the Red hat about a starting point like Gentle Jake's? Maybe they could tell you what rescue organization is close to you.

About Us

Or

Homewoods?

Homewoods Rescue for the Wayward Hound | About Those Hounds...

Oh boy I hope you can help him get rescued.

Last edited:
No freaking way; :) Female black and tan coon hound from a fabulous line of great hunting dogs.

Suggestions are welcome but remember I am the one who started Sandman Cathaoulas and named my most wonderful beasties.

It's hard to name a girl. Calling Ripley made so much sense ( Rhodesian Ridgeback in case you dont know. Taveller nailed it with her.

I can't believe he wants Abigail. :eusa_angel:

Abby as in that aging but still cute forensic investigator on "NCIS?"

:cool:

Nice.

Its a bitch pup right?
Bodecea
Ravi
Seawytch
TDM
Valerie
Noomi

Take your pick