So, let's go ahead and go back to the '1967' borders and end the 'occupation'

montelatici, et al,

I don't think I said that the installation of the necessary systems was not possible. I don't think I said that traffic routing could not be accomplished. I think I addressed three aspects:
  • The knowledge, skills and abilities of the Palestinian factions to come together and properly manage the systems.
  • The ability to fund and maintain the systems.
  • To comply with the international security cooperation in Air Transportation.
Remember that the Palestinians cannot even assimilate a properly functioning government at the moment. And that the HAMAS weaponizes damn near everything they get their hands on; especially in terms of technology.

BUT, I really did not want to go into the need or virtues of various Primary and Secondary Surveillance Systems or Enhanced/Dependent Surveillances. Most people don't really care how it is done, it is more about what damage a hostile opponent might do with the access.

It is quite simple to install a PSR (ASR) and an MSSR with an automation system in Gaza and the West bank. (maybe only one MSSR in Gaza might do given the 250nm range of modern Mode-S MSSRs). Flights can be routed over the sea from/to Gaza and through Jordanian air space from/to the WB, avoiding Israeli. air space or Israeli ATC altogether by changing the FIR boundaries in accordance with Palestinian sovereignty over their air space. Rocco, this is my business, watch yourself.
(COMMENT)

I think that even the Arab League is a little concerned that to give the Arab Palestinians the reach and control in the air and sea will open a new wave of Palestinian Terrorism; and only further paint Arabs world-wide as supporters of terrorism.

All the responsible governments of the Arab League and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to improve the image of the Muslim World and the face of the 21st Century Arab.

Most Respectfully,
R

montelatici, et al,

Now this is kind-of interesting. I had to think about the implications of this.

Then there is no sovereignty. You can't have it both ways.

As far as the biggest threat to world peace, the Israelis win that one.
(IMPLIED COMMENT)

If it is accurate say that the Arab Palestinians have "NO SOVEREIGNTY" --- then what impact does that have?

(TOPIC COMMENT) "1967 Border"

The State of Israel has a set of defined borders --- hard physical borders that it exercises sovereign control over.

Why should the State of Israel reward the Arab Palestinian for misbehavior; relinquishing territory it has controlled for nearly a half century?
Chapter I --- Purpose and Principles, Article 2(3) UN Charter

"All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered."

(TOPIC COMMENT) "End Occupation"

To end the status quo --- is a matter of trust and confidence. To end the occupation, the State of Israel must be reasonably sure that it will NOT lose its sovereignty should the Arab community double-back upon them.

Trust is often considered essential; yet can be so very dangerous. There is risk, and for that risk to be assumed, it must not be one-sided. The Palestinians must assume an equal portion of the risk.

In the past, the Hostile Arab Palestinian has implied that they will not assume any risk or consequence on their part for offensive or aggressive action taken by them. The entire concept that Israel MUST surrender the territory the HoAP and Associates lost since 1949, is the same as saying:

"The HoAP can attack Israel as often as it wants, and any territory lost as a consequence, must be returned to the HoAP. Conversely --- any territory that the Israelis lose as a combat outcome is permanently forfeited to the HoAP."
In 2005, when the Israelis began the disengagement and withdrew from the Gaza Strip 12 September 2005. Supposedly there was an internal Palestinian agreement was reached regarding a “lull in the fighting.” That agreement was never fully implemented and ended in January 2006. During 2006 (after the withdrawal from Gaza, abductions and rocket fire from Gaza replaced suicide bombing as the dominant factor of the campaign against Israel. HAMAS was developing a new campaign strategy to implement. Iran openly
provided generous financial aid Iran promised Hamas prime minister Ismail Haniya made eleven visits to Tehran, which provided ≈ $250 million and aid for development projects. There was no reason to believe that the HoAP was about to make any effort to recognize the positive step in the Israeli withdrawal.

There is no reason to believe today that the HoAP will do anything other than launch greater and more devastating attacks on Israeli soft targets should Israel begin another unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank. Such a withdrawal would significantly reduce the security buffer that Israel established to protect against the radicalize Islamic Resistance Movement and the Fedayeen of the Palestinian Authority.

The impact, NO End to the Occupation.

Most Respectfully,
R

montelatici, et al,

I don't think I said that the installation of the necessary systems was not possible. I don't think I said that traffic routing could not be accomplished. I think I addressed three aspects:
  • The knowledge, skills and abilities of the Palestinian factions to come together and properly manage the systems.
  • The ability to fund and maintain the systems.
  • To comply with the international security cooperation in Air Transportation.
Remember that the Palestinians cannot even assimilate a properly functioning government at the moment. And that the HAMAS weaponizes damn near everything they get their hands on; especially in terms of technology.

BUT, I really did not want to go into the need or virtues of various Primary and Secondary Surveillance Systems or Enhanced/Dependent Surveillances. Most people don't really care how it is done, it is more about what damage a hostile opponent might do with the access.

It is quite simple to install a PSR (ASR) and an MSSR with an automation system in Gaza and the West bank. (maybe only one MSSR in Gaza might do given the 250nm range of modern Mode-S MSSRs). Flights can be routed over the sea from/to Gaza and through Jordanian air space from/to the WB, avoiding Israeli. air space or Israeli ATC altogether by changing the FIR boundaries in accordance with Palestinian sovereignty over their air space. Rocco, this is my business, watch yourself.
(COMMENT)

I think that even the Arab League is a little concerned that to give the Arab Palestinians the reach and control in the air and sea will open a new wave of Palestinian Terrorism; and only further paint Arabs world-wide as supporters of terrorism.

All the responsible governments of the Arab League and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to improve the image of the Muslim World and the face of the 21st Century Arab.

Most Respectfully,
R

The racists that supported Apartheid South Africa said much the same about the non-whites and their ability to manage operations such as ATC. That's how racists think. The Palestinians have been among the least violent and patient of all the people that were colonized by the Europeans. Need I remind you of the Mau Mau in Kenya or the FLN in Algeria. Resisting colonial oppression as the Palestinians are doing has nothing to do with terrorism. This becomes abundantly clear after freedom has been achieved and the national heroes labeled as terrorists by the oppressors become national heroes.

Your problem is cognitive dissonance, that makes your mind unable to grasp the fact the Europeans of the Jewish went to Palestine to evict the native people and colonize the territory. Once you get that through your thick skull, everything will become clear.

Forum List

Back