So It Begins, Facebook Censorship Underway

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Saturday, April 16 a Christian author posted his views on homosexuality and the impact it can have on youth. You can read the post yourself (reinstated after complaints) on the link below.

Facebook is not the government, they can delete whatever they want. But they are a major social network, and the CEO of Facebook is publicly taking political sides on key issues in America. What gets censored will only increase now.

As has been noted before, the left simply hate free speech and are extremely intolerant.

https://m.facebook.com/john.dickson.9406417/posts/10154769840204447

Saturday, April 16 a Christian author posted his views on homosexuality and the impact it can have on youth. You can read the post yourself (reinstated after complaints) on the link below.

Facebook is not the government, they can delete whatever they want. But they are a major social network, and the CEO of Facebook is publicly taking political sides on key issues in America. What gets censored will only increase now.

As has been noted before, the left simply hate free speech and are extremely intolerant.

Last I heard Facebook was a private company that can restrict what is and what is not posted on its site.

Good for Facebook :thup:

Last I heard Facebook was a private company that can restrict what is and what is not posted on its site.

Yea the OP said that. So clearly you missed the point. smh

Thanks for repeating what I said.

Thanks for admitting there is no free speech issue, you big dummy.

Yea the OP said that. So clearly you missed the point. smh

There's a point?

So, I'm struggling to see what the problem is here.

What you said was ignorant, wrong, and a lie.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations.

Facebook is a private company, as such it cannot ‘violate’ the free speech of anyone; only government has the potential of violating free speech when it acts contrary to First Amendment jurisprudence.

Consequently, any reference to ‘free speech’ on your part is ignorant idiocy and a lie – the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech.’

And the notion that ‘the left’ ‘hates’ free speech is a moronic lie as well; liberals have always been staunch advocates and defenders of free speech and the right of Americans to express themselves.

It’s also a lie that Facebook ‘represents’ ‘the left.’

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations.

Facebook is a private company, as such it cannot ‘violate’ the free speech of anyone; only government has the potential of violating free speech when it acts contrary to First Amendment jurisprudence.

Consequently, any reference to ‘free speech’ on your part is ignorant idiocy and a lie – the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech.’

And the notion that ‘the left’ ‘hates’ free speech is a moronic lie as well; liberals have always been staunch advocates and defenders of free speech and the right of Americans to express themselves.

Delusional as usual. Crawl back into your woman's bathroom safe zone and leave the adults alone.

Personally I resent the fact that zucker may use Facebook to interfere with the elections. You have a vote Zuk. That is the extent you should have in the outcome of the election. Resist the temptation to manipulate the outcome. Don't become the other government run media.

And yet if a business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and does, they get sued. huh.

Delusional as usual. Crawl back into your woman's bathroom safe zone and leave the adults alone.
From your moronic OP:

“As has been noted before, the left simply hate free speech and are extremely intolerant."

Wrong.

Any reference to ‘free speech’ is ignorant idiocy.

Your thread premise is a ridiculous lie.

Your thread premise fails.

And your propensity to lie is consistent with most on the reprehensible right.

Personally I resent the fact that zucker may use Facebook to interfere with the elections. You have a vote Zuk. That is the extent you should have in the outcome of the election. Resist the temptation to manipulate the outcome. Don't become the other government run media.

So, no one should talk about politics because it could change the outcome of an election???

Er... in case you forgot, the 1st Amendment was designed so people would have freedom to talk about politics, therefore have free politics. Private companies can do this as they wish. Individuals can do this as they wish. I post on here, Zuckerburg can do as he likes.

And yet if a business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and does, they get sued. huh.
Yep. Let a company say they will not tolerate anything related to homosexuals and watch the left shriek.

From your moronic OP:

“As has been noted before, the left simply hate free speech and are extremely intolerant."

Wrong.

Any reference to ‘free speech’ is ignorant idiocy.

Your thread premise is a ridiculous lie.

Your thread premise fails.

And your propensity to lie is consistent with most on the reprehensible right.
Filed under "we won't bake that kind of cake"

Yep. Let a company say they will not tolerate anything related to homosexuals and watch the left shriek.

Are there not websites which are like this?

I'm sure there are.

Anti-Gay | Right Wing Watch

I'm not calling for the end to this website.

There's a difference between a website, and a shop which serves people.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy and a red herring fallacy.

It’s becoming more and more difficult to not come to the conclusion that ignorance and stupidity are indeed prerequisites for being a conservative, as your posts clearly illustrate.

In this case, as a consequence of your ignorance and stupidity, you’re confusing the doctrine of free speech with regard to First Amendment jurisprudence with that of public accommodations laws authorized by Commerce Clause jurisprudence, two legal realms one having nothing to do with the other.

Conservatism is indeed the bane of the American Nation.

Forum List

Back