So, is Abbot, Governor of TX, doing the right thing at the southern border? (poll)

Is Abbot, Governor of TX, doing the right thing @ the border?

• 5I'm a democrat which means I don't care who invades our country

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
are you trying to tell me its not the job of POTUS to secure the borders??

That's his # 1 job

But you just can't tell him anything... I think his ice cream is spiked

Or maybe it's just simple dementia

And people knew about the mental issues years ago but propped his ass up anyway and now we have literally had all hell break loose..

literally

That's his # 1 job

But you just can't tell him anything... I think his ice cream is spiked

Or maybe it's just simple dementia

And people knew about the mental issues years ago but propped his ass up anyway and now we have literally had all hell break loose..

literally
beings they dont want to protect children from pedophiles I can understand they dont want to protect the countries borders,,

Can you cite that law or is it just common understanding and interpretation?
Mind you, I think the borders should be closed to migrants, except through official portals, also and with known targeted numbers.

If you consider illegal immigration as an "invasion", then it's the President's duty to protect the country from it.

"WASHINGTON, DCā€”Today, Congressman Jodey Arrington (TX-19) introduced a resolution affirming Article I Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution, which recognizes statesā€™ sovereign power to defend themselves against invasion. In response to President Bidenā€™s open-border policies, the federal governmentā€™s failure to respond, and the subsequent opportunism by the cartels, Rep. Arrington implores southern border states to use their constitutional power to defend themselves against the cartel-facilitated invasions and protect their citizens.

ā€œThe Constitution is clear: Section IV Article 4 says the federal government ā€œshall protect each of [the states] against Invasion,ā€ said Rep. Arrington. ā€œWhen the federal government fails to fulfill this constitutional duty, Article 1 Section 10 expressly guarantees states the sovereign power to repel an invasion and defend their citizenry from overwhelming and ā€œimminent danger.ā€ This resolution affirms that states donā€™t have to be passive victims of this Administrationā€™s border security failures; rather, they should exercise their sovereign, constitutional right to defend themselves and their citizens.ā€

ā€œNo ifs, ands or butsā€”the Biden Administration is failing to secure our southern border,ā€
said Rep. Brian Babin (TX-36). ā€œThe Constitution says clearly that states have the power and right to step in and defend themselves when the federal government wonā€™t do so. Iā€™m proud to support Rep. Arringtonā€™s resolution that will finally take power away from the deadly cartels and put it back into the hands of American citizens as we fight in the war for our safety and sovereignty.ā€

ā€œThe Biden administration abandoned its duty to the rule of law, our national boundaries and Americansā€™ security,ā€
said Rep. Jim Banks, Republican Study Committee Ranking Member. ā€œItā€™s negligence, and states have a duty to protect their residents if the White House wonā€™t."

ā€œDrug cartelsā€™ vicious attacks and trafficking at our southern border continue to undermine the stability of Texas and, most importantly, the safety of our citizens,ā€
said Texas State Senator Charles Perry. ā€œIā€™ve drafted a resolution encouraging state agencies to use their resources to repel the drug cartel invasion, including those of the Texas Military Department as allowed by the U.S. Constitution. I want to thank Congressman Arrington for his efforts to address this very important issue at the federal level.""

Arrington Fights to Safeguard Statesā€™ Rights to Defend Against Border Invasion

are you trying to tell me its not the job of POTUS to secure the borders??
No, but whether there is a law that interprets it the way you think is a completely different matter. I would advise, not thinking in terms of politics, but in terms of the law, otherwise possibly falling victim to the law, as actual Republican lawyers have been for years now.

For the record, I don't approve of his border policy any more than you do.

No, but whether there is a law that interprets it the way you think is a completely different matter. I would advise, not thinking in terms of politics, but in terms of the law, otherwise possibly falling victim to the law, as actual Republican lawyers have been for years now.

your record is filled with lies,, so I dont believe a thing you say,,

the constitution is law,,

There comes a time when the people have to say enough is enough.

It is Crystal Clear what they are doing by not Honoring our laws at the border.

If you consider illegal immigration as an "invasion", then it's the President's duty to protect the country from it.

"WASHINGTON, DCā€”Today, Congressman Jodey Arrington (TX-19) introduced a resolution affirming Article I Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution, which recognizes statesā€™ sovereign power to defend themselves against invasion. In response to President Bidenā€™s open-border policies, the federal governmentā€™s failure to respond, and the subsequent opportunism by the cartels, Rep. Arrington implores southern border states to use their constitutional power to defend themselves against the cartel-facilitated invasions and protect their citizens.

ā€œThe Constitution is clear: Section IV Article 4 says the federal government ā€œshall protect each of [the states] against Invasion,ā€ said Rep. Arrington. ā€œWhen the federal government fails to fulfill this constitutional duty, Article 1 Section 10 expressly guarantees states the sovereign power to repel an invasion and defend their citizenry from overwhelming and ā€œimminent danger.ā€ This resolution affirms that states donā€™t have to be passive victims of this Administrationā€™s border security failures; rather, they should exercise their sovereign, constitutional right to defend themselves and their citizens.ā€

ā€œNo ifs, ands or butsā€”the Biden Administration is failing to secure our southern border,ā€
said Rep. Brian Babin (TX-36). ā€œThe Constitution says clearly that states have the power and right to step in and defend themselves when the federal government wonā€™t do so. Iā€™m proud to support Rep. Arringtonā€™s resolution that will finally take power away from the deadly cartels and put it back into the hands of American citizens as we fight in the war for our safety and sovereignty.ā€

ā€œThe Biden administration abandoned its duty to the rule of law, our national boundaries and Americansā€™ security,ā€
said Rep. Jim Banks, Republican Study Committee Ranking Member. ā€œItā€™s negligence, and states have a duty to protect their residents if the White House wonā€™t."

ā€œDrug cartelsā€™ vicious attacks and trafficking at our southern border continue to undermine the stability of Texas and, most importantly, the safety of our citizens,ā€
said Texas State Senator Charles Perry. ā€œIā€™ve drafted a resolution encouraging state agencies to use their resources to repel the drug cartel invasion, including those of the Texas Military Department as allowed by the U.S. Constitution. I want to thank Congressman Arrington for his efforts to address this very important issue at the federal level.""

Arrington Fights to Safeguard Statesā€™ Rights to Defend Against Border Invasion
The first half of your first sentence is what this is all about and the nut to cut, before you can actually affect any action against him for it, ie, "If you consider illegal immigration as an "invasion". If it makes you feel better, I suspect Abbott would and probably has considered it and called it an "invasion". Whether that meets a legal standard, is the problem.

The first half of your first sentence is what this is all about and the nut to cut, before you can actually affect any action against him for it, ie, "If you consider illegal immigration as an "invasion". If it makes you feel better, I suspect Abbott would and probably has considered it and called it an "invasion". Whether that meets a legal standard, is the problem.
for someone that says they are against bidens border policy you sure do spend a lot of time defending it,,

I do consider illegal immigration an invasion.

your record is filled with lies,, so I dont believe a thing you say,,

the constitution is law,,
Oh, well in that case go ahead. I do doubt it will fly. Opponents may cheat, and actually use "the law". Do what you think best, by all means. I'm just saying Republican lawyers (particularly in political questions or things they wish were political questions), simply do not do well with actual law.

No need to be mad at me. I wasn't in anyway involved in the Bill or Hillary Clinton things or the 62 post 2020 election cases, nor Trump's lawsuits on slander/liable regarding rape allegations, or the FOX NEWS vs Dominion case. How these came out, is a matter of record.

Oh, well in that case go ahead. I do doubt it will fly. Opponents may cheat, and actually use "the law". Do what you think best, by all means. I'm just saying Republican lawyers (particularly in political questions or things they wish were political questions), simply do not do well with actual law.

No need to be mad at me. I wasn't in anyway involved in the Bill or Hillary Clinton things or the 62 post 2020 election cases, nor Trump's lawsuits on slander/liable regarding rape allegations, or the FOX NEWS vs Dominion case. How these came out, is a matter of record.
WTF are you talking about??

Is Abbot, Governor of TX, doing the right thing?

This link is a disappointment because it doesn't address the latest that's happened, where Abbott took control of a park near the border (and other places?) in defiance of the federal govt. But you can get that info from Politics
not surre

Is Abbot, Governor of TX, doing the right thing?

This link is a disappointment because it doesn't address the latest that's happened, where Abbott took control of a park near the border (and other places?) in defiance of the federal govt. But you can get that info from Politics
You know of course that God tried to kill Abbott with a falling tree limb. Being the underachiever that God is, he only managed to cripple him. It made Abbott bitter

Abbott is doing all he can do. Immigration falls within the preemption doctrine. He may lose the legal fights,

It is patently unfair to make the border states bear the brunt of this illegal immigration debacle.

Abbott and most elected officials in Texas are racist, arrogant and dumb as hell. So so many employers in the USA need employees. I would rather have immigrants working, paying their own way and generating tax revenue than having my tax tax dollars being spent covering the cost of incarcerating them ................

These people are running away from dictators and want to work .............

Forum List

Back