So, I was listening to Four Sticks

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I saw Robert Plant at Forest Hills Stadium and he played a mix of toned down Zep plus his solo words, did you know he's released 11 solo albums?

This morning Four Sticks was on the radio, I think his voice dropped 2 octaves since then.

I love his entire career and especially that no one is going to turn an organ grinders monkey for a Led Zep reunion. Besides I have doubts that Page is still able to play

Four Sticks was recorded before Plant had surgery which apparently reduced his range. He was able to do root-5th-octave three note overdubbed harmonies on Led Zep I for example. I checked out his DVD performance in the Band of Joy in Nashville. Plant cannot come close to hitting the correct vintage Plant notes. As far as playing, Jimmy Page just needs to have a few days to rehearse. They are mostly major triad songs with an added sus2 or sus4 here and there for the most part in standard tuned songs believe it not.

The Black Crowes vocalist is way more vintage Plant than Plant. And their drummer has a Bohnam feel. Which is why, maybe, Page enjoyed performing live with them.

Last edited:
Well this thread sucked. I saw Zeppelin in '79 at Madison Square Garden. It was the second concert I attended. It was actually boring here and there believe it or not. 20 minute drum solo (even though it was Bohnam), 20 minute guitar solo....keyboard solo. :p

The songs when they played them, were cool though.

Boston in New Haven was my first concert. The only boring part was the keyboard section before Long Time.

The Donald's lawyer's band playing Long Time!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back