So I donated to a breast cancer foundation . . .

I never donate to any cause that benefits human beings. I donate to animal causes. Still and all, occasionally I will get a cold call by a charity where I am so nasty and abusive that they don't call back.

You? Being nasty and abusive? What a surprise.

I never donate to any cause that benefits human beings. I donate to animal causes. Still and all, occasionally I will get a cold call by a charity where I am so nasty and abusive that they don't call back.

You? Being nasty and abusive? What a surprise.

I can always be MORE nasty and abusive. Ask me for money, see how it goes.

I have no doubt you can. I don't see asking you for anything at all.

Now they call me constantly. CONSTANTLY asking me for donations. Look, I don't mind when they set up booths or other things for donations or solicit for donations, but I don't think these charities should be able to call you at home to solicit you for donations. If I want to donate and if I can donate, then I will donate. Don't call me every day and harass me about it though! This year, I just happened to donate to another cause (my local animal shelter).
I give to St Jude Children's Research Hospital and not too long ago, I started getting phone calls from them on I don't believe that it was really them because the number that came up on my caller ID had a 423 area code which I know is not one for the Memphis area which of course is where that hospital is.

God bless you and everyone there always!!!

Holly

P.S. Its really cool of you to hit more than one camp! :) :) :)

I won't name the organization but after donating money I started to get constant mailings requesting more money with these form letters that seemed to be written by some of the folks in here who've never learned to write a cogent sentence and somewhere picked up the idiotic habit of underlining certain words, phrases, sentences, or, for even more emphasis I assume, use ALL CAPS instead.

I sent several of them back, sans an additional donation, but politely asking to remove me from their mailing list or they'd never see another nickel from me. That was a waste of time as solicitations continued.

Then one day I received another request from them, via FedEx this time, that included a handy prepaid FedEx return envelope so my expected donation would be in their hands lickety-split. That pissed me off a bit so I wrote a snarky reply letter that stared out something like: This is my form letter in response to the FORM LETTER I just received from you...and went on to point out my several previous requests to stop bugging me, with several more underlines and CAPS tossed in just so they might realize how stupid it looks to constantly do so in correspondence. I also pointed out what a waste of their precious money it was to not only overnight the request to me but also to get my reply letter overnighted back to them without an enclosed donation.

And that, finally, did the trick. Never received another request and never donated any more money.

Forum List

Back