So, how is President Trump doing?

Hard to find eight year old U6 data

You are welcome to post it

Untitled1.png

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

Doesn't look so hot under Obama...must have made it more difficult to find. :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 107686

Doesn't look so hot under Obama...must have made it more difficult to find. :eusa_whistle:

Dropping six percent is pretty hot

How much will Trump drop U6 unemployment?

I will keep track

After eight years it is still higher than it was for the majority of the Bush's eight years. We could have done so much better had we had better leadership.

Here's U6 from January 2006 to December 2016: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

In January 2009, U6 was at 14.2 percent.

U6 peaked at 17.1 in April 2010.

In December 2016, U6 was at 9.2 percent.

A 5 percentage point drop from the day Obama took office.

View attachment 107686

I will keep track

After eight years it is still higher than it was for the majority of the Bush's eight years. We could have done so much better had we had better leadership.

Lets compare the U6 that was started with and the U6 that was handed to their successor shall we

That is what I will do for Trump

Still waiting to hear Obama's policies that lowered gas prices. Because I'm pretty sure he was against everything that brought the price down.

View attachment 107686

I will keep track

Bush was handed a booming economy and a balanced budget. He handed off an economy toppling into the abyss, three wars, and a $10 trillion debt.

What was that you were saying about better leadership?

Still waiting to hear Obama's policies that lowered gas prices. Because I'm pretty sure he was against everything that brought the price down.
Under Obama we went from an oil importer to an oil exporter
How about that policy?

Now we have Trump...we get to see how his energy policies impact fuel prices
Wanna bet they go higher than Obama?

Bush was handed a booming economy and a balanced budget. He handed off an economy toppling into the abyss, three wars, and a $10 trillion debt.

What I'm saying is, historically, after a recession, there should be massive growth. Did that happen? No.

In fact Obama was the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3% GDP growth.

That's a fact. Either it is a result of Obama's leadership, or a systemic problem with our economy. I suspect a combination of the two.

The stock market is at an all time high. Chances are we are due for a recalibration there...because Wall St doesn't match Main St and hasn't for a long time. If Trump can reinvigorate the Main St. economy, perhaps we can avoid another recession. And that is what he has been working toward so far.

Gas prices...Obama's policies should have raised them...only American shale oil (which Obama opposes) and the Saudis efforts to bankrupt it have suppressed oil prices.

What I'm saying is, historically, after a recession, there should be massive growth. Did that happen? No.

In fact Obama was the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3% GDP growth.

That's a fact. Either it is a result of Obama's leadership, or a systemic problem with our economy. I suspect a combination of the two.

The stock market is at an all time high. Chances are we are due for a recalibration there...because Wall St doesn't match Main St and hasn't for a long time. If Trump can reinvigorate the Main St. economy, perhaps we can avoid another recession. And that is what he has been working toward so far.

Gas prices...Obama's policies should have raised them...only American shale oil (which Obama opposes) and the Saudis efforts to bankrupt it have suppressed oil prices.

It's funny how pseudocons conveniently forget Bush left our economy completely in the shitter.

"Yeahbut he had 3 percent once!"

The reason we do not have "massive growth" is because of the massive public and private debt.

Trump's tax plan will add up to another $10 trillion to our debt.

Out of all 19 candidates, Trump's debt was second only to Bernie Sanders.

How about that policy?
Not due to any Obama policy.

A combination of new technology, primarily fracking, has unlocked oil that was previously out of reach of drillers. That, coupled with high oil prices during much of his term has encouraged investment in the oil exploration, experts say.

The administration has been a bystander during the oil boom, neither encouraging nor discouraging it, they say.

"You can't credit or blame the president [for the oil boom]," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst with the Oil Price Information Service. "It's been the twin pillars of price and technology. It's capitalism at work."

Why U.S. oil production is booming under Obama's watch
Try again...what Obama POLICY has contributed to lower gas prices?

Yeah, we get it. Blame Obama for anything negative, and NEVER give him credit for anything positive.

We get it. We get it.

It's funny how pseudocons conveniently forget Bush left our economy completely in the shitter.

"Yeahbut he had 3 percent once!"

The reason we do not have "massive growth" is because of the massive public and private debt.

Trump's tax plan will add up to another $10 trillion to our debt.

Out of all 19 candidates, Trump's debt was second only to Bernie Sanders.

Obama DOUBLED the debt in his eight years...and that doesn't count future debt...so, by your own logic, Obama fucked us.

I don't have cable, so I don't know for sure, but, Trump has been president for at least an hour, and he has not seriously embarrassed the nation yet, although the army did turn him down when he asked to include missile launchers and tanks in his parade. Something he saw in Russia, no doubt.

We now have some actual metrics by which to measure the success of Donald Trump.

140 characters will not be enough to hide his failures.

Well, for his Chumps it will be, but not for anyone else.

How about that policy?
Not due to any Obama policy.

A combination of new technology, primarily fracking, has unlocked oil that was previously out of reach of drillers. That, coupled with high oil prices during much of his term has encouraged investment in the oil exploration, experts say.

The administration has been a bystander during the oil boom, neither encouraging nor discouraging it, they say.

"You can't credit or blame the president [for the oil boom]," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst with the Oil Price Information Service. "It's been the twin pillars of price and technology. It's capitalism at work."

Why U.S. oil production is booming under Obama's watch
Try again...what Obama POLICY has contributed to lower gas prices?

Yea...yea...heard it for eight years
Obama was just lucky when things went well and at fault when things went bad

I have posted the numbers that Trump gets to beat. Shouldn't be that hard

Forum List

Back