So, forget the sales numbers...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Dan, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    just going on what people have been saying, I'd have to say that Nintendo really blew Sony out as far as satisfying the consumers. I've heard nothing but great things about the Wii from literally everyone I know who's played it. I haven't heard anyone say anything too good about the PS3 yet. The overall idea seems to be that they shouldn't have rushed it out for Christmas.

2. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I was thinking of buying a PS-3, but there was no way I was going to go through all that for it.

I have heard it's not worth $600, but if that's true, the price will drop anyway.

This kid got one because of who he knew, not what he knew:

http://jewishworldreview.com/1106/lileks112406.php3

Heh.

3. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    This is an extremely painful issue for me. This is the first new Zelda game to come out since Ocarina that I didn't get on the launch day. One problem with being in China is that will you can probably get Wii games on the cheap, you'd have to pay through the nose for an actual Wii.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    The Wii is innovative but exhausting. I was playing the Wii sports at my nephews house this weekend and it is tiring getting the characters to move where you want them. Especially the boxing. I think the Wii will do well in the long haul with great Nintendo games coming out.

PS3 had no good games and barely any units. So the reason you dont hear much is because no one has one and the ones that do have no games other then COD3 and Resistance. By far one of the weakest launch lineups ever. IT'll get better obviously but i still cant justify $600 or even $500 for it.

On a positive note, my fiance just got me a XBOX360 for christmas. WOOOO!

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Congrats! It's a solid system. I'm probably going to wait til after Christmas to even try to get a Wii, but it's definitely in the works.