So be it.

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So, if the US government determines that it is against the law for the
words "under God" to be on our money, then, sobeit.
And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are
not to be used in or on a government installation, then, sobeit.
And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on
which they deem their authority, then sobeit.
I say, "sobeit," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "sobeit," because I would like to think that smarter people than
I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the American Publics'
best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His
Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and
it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas
celebrations which honor the God that our government is
eliminating from many facets of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the Senate and the House of representatives to not have to
worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just
another day.
I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all
government offices &services would work on Christmas, Good Friday &Easter.
It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other
day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."
In fact.... I think that our government should work on Sundays
(Initially set aside for worshiping God...) because, after all, our
government says that it should be just another day....
Sobeit...........

Nice post, but I gotta call you on the Thanksgiving thing. That's a completely secular holiday that celebrates the peace made between the Plymouth Rock colonists and the Iroquois (I think) Indians. That's a true American holiday. Other than that, it makes a really good point. If they insist on removing all the so-called 'negative' parts of God from government, why do they still have the positive. It seems they're having their cake and eating it, too...hypocrites.

Oh, and I don't know if it was intentional, but 'sobeit' sounds and looks a lot like 'Soviet.'

Hobbit said:
Nice post, but I gotta call you on the Thanksgiving thing. That's a completely secular holiday that celebrates the peace made between the Plymouth Rock colonists and the Iroquois (I think) Indians. That's a true American holiday. Other than that, it makes a really good point. If they insist on removing all the so-called 'negative' parts of God from government, why do they still have the positive. It seems they're having their cake and eating it, too...hypocrites.

Oh, and I don't know if it was intentional, but 'sobeit' sounds and looks a lot like 'Soviet.'

Actually, Lincoln's proclamation specifically mentions that the fourth Thursday in November be set aside as a day of giving thanks, not to the Pilgrims and Indoans, but to God. While it has been secularized, it was originally rooted in faith.

And another thing... if we are going to erase God from our government, why should we continue to use phrases like "God Bless America?" After all, if we are going to officially ignore God, why should we expect that He won't ignore us?

gop_jeff said:
And another thing... if we are going to erase God from our government, why should we continue to use phrases like "God Bless America?" After all, if we are going to officially ignore God, why should we expect that He won't ignore us?

Oh but he Will! But while we're wiping out all "Christianity" from the American government, lets make damn sure we wipe out EVERYTHING ELSE religous. So the first time I hear a muslim call to prayer being broadcast over a loudspeaker, I'm going to blow the fucking speaker off said support with a couple of magnum loads of 12 gage double ott buck.

Pale Rider said:
THE LAW IS THE LAW

best interests at heart.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.
another day.
Sobeit...........

Great post Pale! Did you write this stuff? It's great!

Pale Rider said:
THE LAW IS THE LAW

best interests at heart.

another day.
Sobeit...........

Great post Pale!

:thewave:

So while all the government workers are working 7 days a week plus working all the holidays that us HORRID CHRISTIANS (sarcasm) are taking off for religious purposes, they can sit at the job and feel smug in their political correctness and governmental secularism. I just wonder how many people would drop out of government work? :D

Regarding Thanksgiving Day, if they take it off, I only have one question: Just who exactly are they giving thanks to? :D

Of course, we all know that people will demand their holidays and the government will just rename them. Already Christmas is being renamed to Winter Holiday. If the government can name our holidays and control them, the government has won. Welcome totalitarianism.

There is only one thing that can stand between such a State and our freedom: God.

I do not get why the Government is trying to go from supporting many religious beliefs, to supporting just one, Atheism, that seems far more unfair than having some sort of God beliefs that are supported in many religions.

HGROKIT said:
Great post Pale! Did you write this stuff? It's great!

As much as I'd like to take credit for this, I can't. It was sent to me in an email from my niece up in Montana. "God" only knows where she got it. I replied to her that she really hit pay dirt with this one. The logic is so simple, it's that "reach up and slap you in the face logic", like, "why didn't I think of that before".

west2004 said:
I do not get why the Government is trying to go from supporting many religious beliefs, to supporting just one, Atheism, that seems far more unfair than having some sort of God beliefs that are supported in many religions.

The reasons may be varied, but the biggest reason I see for this war on Christianity, is because it stands in the way of the liberal lefts path into the toilet of immorality, which they are ARDUOUSLY trying to lead America down.

Christianity = Morals, and morals stand in the liberal lefts way.

Pale Rider said:
As much as I'd like to take credit for this, I can't. It was sent to me in an email from my niece up in Montana. "God" only knows where she got it. I replied to her that she really hit pay dirt with this one. The logic is so simple, it's that "reach up and slap you in the face logic", like, "why didn't I think of that before".

The liberal position against Christian influence in govenment is simply a logical reaction to it's power among conservative. Liberals don't target Muslims or other religions when Christianity remains their chief opponent.

I'm not particulary bothered by Christian values as a non-religious conservative, and don't expect to see Christian beliefs encroaching into my own life in the future. American Christianity is quite non-obtrusive, as far as religion goes in any state. I'd also dispute the claim that liberals tend to lack morality, having been affiliated with many kind souls of that type. There is simply the Golden Rule, that is, do unto others as you would have others do to you. Everything else, to me, I simply looked to my own heart. I did what I felt was right and didn't look to the bible for answers. I don't feel like I need the book to guide me.

I know my creator trusts his own work.

Comrade said:
I'd also dispute the claim that liberals tend to lack morality,

Then why is it that every "immoral" act here in America is either supported or championed by liberals, and NOT conservatives? Gay marriage being at the center of the spot light as of late.

west2004 said:

It's because the laws are being changed as a result of a targeted campaign by the likes of the ACLU which is a very far left liberal group grounded in Communism. They are a very crafty bunch of lawyers with tons of financial support behind them and they keep bringing their carefully crafted cases before the courts to twist the words of the law. Of course it doesn't hurt either to have Ruth Bader-Ginsberg (former ACLU member) on the Supreme Court and other liberal judges who like to legislate from the bench.

Anything they can do to rip our moral and Christian society to shreds is fair game. It makes it easier to take power. That is why they will support perverts who advertise but will attack a teacher for wearing a cross. It is why they promote godless Secularism and attack God-based Christianity. A God-fearing and morality-based society is the only thing that stands in the way of godless communism and other totalitarian types of government from taking control.

ScreamingEagle said:
It's because the laws are being changed as a result of a targeted campaign by the likes of the ACLU which is a very far left liberal group grounded in Communism. They are a very crafty bunch of lawyers with tons of financial support behind them and they keep bringing their carefully crafted cases before the courts to twist the words of the law. Of course it doesn't hurt either to have Ruth Bader-Ginsberg (former ACLU member) on the Supreme Court and other liberal judges who like to legislate from the bench.

Anything they can do to rip our moral and Christian society to shreds is fair game. It makes it easier to take power. That is why they will support perverts who advertise but will attack a teacher for wearing a cross. It is why they promote godless Secularism and attack God-based Christianity. A God-fearing and morality-based society is the only thing that stands in the way of godless communism and other totalitarian types of government from taking control.

Besides - one religion is a requirement - but that is a topic for another thread :)

Forum List

Back