Opinions Please !

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sandy73, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    On Bill O's interview on MM ~

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Hate to say it but Bill screwed this one up. MM got him when Bill refused to answer mms question about sending his son to war

3. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It comes on at Midnight so I plan to watch it then.. My mom sayed the same thing about Bill ! Just checkin to see if its worth staying up to see the fat ass ! :teeth:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Nothing really revealing--not up to the hype--Bill got caught off guard by trying to be too nice I think. (bet poor Bill is kickin himself in the butt LOL)

5. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if I miss it again I won't worry too much ... Thanks for the info ! :beer:

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Yeah, it was like Bill was caught off guard and wasn't fast enough on his feet.

MM can be very devious. He targeted the emotions and Bill choked.

He kept asking Bill if he would "send" his child to die in Iraq. Bill kept saying HE would die over there but wouldn't answer about his child. Stupid. He should have answered that any child old enough to join the service was an adult old enough to make his own decision about taking the chance of war. And that he, Bill, wouldn't be able to tell his grown child what to do. And that the real decision to "send" soldiers to die lies with Congress and our President.

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    To be more specific, MM's premiss was not only to send a "child" to war, but to sacrafice one's child. I belive MM's premiss was a non starter. We have an all voluntary military, with the acknowldgement that all wartime military deaths are tragic and a great loss, it is part of the risk one takes when committing to serve the country within the military. No commader wantingly sends troops into harms way to be sacraficed, but Micheal Moore would like the people of the US to believe that Bush did just that.

It was on this point that O'Reilly really dropped the ball.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    That still would have been the wrong answer. The Right answer is he wouldnt send his child to die. he would send is child to make sure the terrorists die.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    I agree. OReilly did drop the ball because MM's entire premise is incorrect. we arent sending our troops over their to die for our freedom. we are sending them over there to make the terrorists die for our freedom.

10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,907
    It's WAR. People unfortunately DIE in wars. If someone "volunteered", and was sent to war and died, it would have completely been THEIR CHOICE.

My son was nine days from going to Iraq. He was a little scared. Who can blame him. But, he'd have gone. He knew the risks when he joined the Army. Had he went and was killed, I WOULD NOT have felt the "I" sent him to his death. I would have felt he died in the service of his country, and that would be that.

mm is a creepy son of a bitch. A disgusting and repugnant human being. Beating the shit out of that fatass commie America hating pig would be one of the greatest pleasures I could imagine.