So are any of you going shopping at 5 a.m. today?

Not I. I would never consider it....even when I had a wee one to please, I did not do this craziness.

Onna my friends' grandchildren is sitting on line at Best Buy to be second in the door when they open, as he wants a thingie they have on sale. I have to say though, they made him comfy -- tent, chairs, heater etc. -- and his Mommy took him a plate of food. He even made the news. I guess if you are 16, it's an adventure.

Last edited:
No.

If all is well, I will still be blissfully wrapped in the arms of Morpheus. $sleepy-emoticon.gif

Well, Target's sale starts at 4a.m. and they are having the WiiFit Plus on sale for $67. Hmmm, I said to myself, hmmmm. With the college kid's 10% off and another 5% off using the credit card, that would be a damn good deal and a damn good present. Sooooo, I bought the thing Monday and am going back tomorrow at a decent hour to 'get the difference' back on my card.

Yeah, that whole '5a.m. shopping thing' just doesn't do it for me.

MrsHorty has already left!
10 grands and 2 greats requires saving where we can....
OfficeMax has a 1 TB external hard drive for 60 bucks!!
I have to work in the morning so I'm going to bed after football.
I'll go over to the mall after work to get my sweetheart something while I have some extra cash she doesn't know about
:D

I think I will go to wally world tomorrow just to watch the show.

Perhaps there will be a trampling and I do not want to miss it.

Last edited:
I know one gal on here that is going to Wally World for their sales at 5 a.m.

Anyone else going out there for Black Friday at the crack of dawn?

Two of my kids are waiting now for the doors to open at Chicago Outlet Mall in Aurora and they are probably still on tollway, waiting to get off the ramp. It opens at Midnight. They'll leave there and hit the regular malls, return home around 6 am. Daughter with her bridesmaids to look at dresses at 10 am. Then back here for dinner.

Me? I'm going to bed, then get up and start the dinner for I know grouchy people. ;) Still, I'd rather have a root canal than shop tomorrow!

My remaining standing partiers have moved to the back porch. I think a couple are still in the pool. Still about 60 degrees here now but supposed to be 30 in the morning.
I am plumb bloated from the 2 feasts today.

I am an early morning girl anyway, so i am still thinking about it.

From the time we were about 12, my girlfriend and I took the train downtown and shopped State St. and Michigan Ave. we'd wait hours to sit under the tree at Marshall Fields. That stopped when I got married, the crowds were nuts, but not like the crazies I now read about. :lol:

I love Amazon!

My remaining standing partiers have moved to the back porch. I think a couple are still in the pool. Still about 60 degrees here now but supposed to be 30 in the morning.

Next time I'm bringing 5 bottles of Absolute. :booze:

:slap: It's 21 and falling. Brrrrr. Morning is supposed to be like 5.

Forum List

Back