So, apparently I'm a Paulbot

Romney is the original author of Obamacare, Obama just stole his idea. Romney also said and repeated for years that Romneycare should be done at the federal level.

No he isnt you lying piece of shit. Romney care wasn't ever to be federal

Damn, we've got a sensitive one.

I'll reword what I already said and made blatantly obvious.

For years, Romney SAID Romneycare (aka Obamacare) should be the federal solution to healthcare. Now he says the opposite cuz it's what neocons want to hear.
I get tired of the lies you progressives preach...

No he isnt you lying piece of shit. Romney care wasn't ever to be federal

For years, Romney SAID Romneycare (aka Obamacare) should be the federal solution to healthcare. Now he says the opposite cuz it's what neocons want to hear.

I'd be happy to prove what i said to be true, by all means which tell me what I said is a lie.

I'd be happy to prove what i said to be true, by all means which tell me what I said is a lie.

Where did he say it?

Where did he say it?

As you'll see here, Romney was pushing for Obamacare when Obama opposed it.

Romney Urged President Obama to Adopt RomneyCare at Federal Level - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

In the 2009 op-ed, Romney advises the President to adopt the controversial individual mandate, which requires every citizen of the United States to either carry health insurance or pay a fine to the Federal government. Romney wrote, "Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn't have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages 'free riders' to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others."

President Obama's healthcare reform law uses tax penalties as its enforcement mechanism to compel individuals to comply with its mandate for each citizen to carry health insurance.

Significantly, at the time Romney wrote his op-ed advising President Obama to use his Massachusetts plan as a blueprint for federal law, President Obama was against including the individual mandate for purchasing health insurance.

Where did he say it?

Romney Urged President Obama to Adopt RomneyCare at Federal Level - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

In the 2009 op-ed, Romney advises the President to adopt the controversial individual mandate, which requires every citizen of the United States to either carry health insurance or pay a fine to the Federal government. Romney wrote, "Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn't have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages 'free riders' to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others."

President Obama's healthcare reform law uses tax penalties as its enforcement mechanism to compel individuals to comply with its mandate for each citizen to carry health insurance.

Significantly, at the time Romney wrote his op-ed advising President Obama to use his Massachusetts plan as a blueprint for federal law, President Obama was against including the individual mandate for purchasing health insurance.

Yep... I saw this coming when Romney first indulged the insurance industry's plan to make 'captive customers' of all of us. I was worried they'd do what they did with mandatory auto insurance - pushing it through all the state houses one-by-one. My fears proved to be off by an order of magnitude when, with Romney's help, they went for the jugular with a well-timed push to take it federal.

The oft-repeated excuse that Romney's plan was "merely" implemented at the state level is a cop-out and completely ignores what's wrong with the mandate.

More important to me
Domestic policy

I side the most with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson on 97% of domestic policy issues.

I'm not sure I buy this. Ron Paul would get rid of all forms of welfare. I know you don't agree with that.

No, I don't agree with that. I think it comes down to the particular questions. Welfare wasn't among them under that heading. Social Security was touched on under "social" and medicare was touched on under "health care."

Do you support increased gun control?
No

Do you support the Patriot Act?
No

Should the federal government regulate the internet to deter online privacy?
No

Are you in favor of decriminalizing drugs?
Yes, but not all drugs

Should we restrict federal funds to public schools that do not meet performance standards?
Yes

Do you support affirmative action programs?
No

I admittedly didn't go to the site and take the test, so now having read those questions I can see that this is highly flawed and not really worth any kind of consideration.

Where did he say it?

Yep... I saw this coming when Romney first indulged the insurance industry's plan to make 'captive customers' of all of us. I was worried they'd do what they did with mandatory auto insurance - pushing it through all the state houses one-by-one. My fears proved to be off by an order of magnitude when, with Romney's help, they went for the jugular with a well-timed push to take it federal.

The oft-repeated excuse that Romney's plan was "merely" implemented at the state level is a cop-out and completely ignores what's wrong with the mandate.

I agree.

Anyone see where thanatos went? He was replying to me instantly up until i posted that link.

I agree.

Anyone see where thanatos went? He was replying to me instantly up until i posted that link.

Come on, since when was thanatos ever good for intelligent debate?

I agree.

I'm worried something happened to him.

Instant reply, instant reply, instant reply, dead silence. Maybe he's having a fresh round of talking points installed.

I agree.

I'm worried something happened to him.

Instant reply, instant reply, instant reply, dead silence. Maybe he's having a fresh round of talking points installed.
Not to worry. Its likely time for his shift at the Stop-N-Rob.

More importantly, I strongly disagree that liability has nothing to do with it. If a lifeguard is liable for unintended harm in the course of his duties and he's in the area the company is contract to cover, the insurance company will pay to defend. If he causes harm OUTSIDE the contracted area, the insurance company will deny coverage.

This falls under good Samaritan laws, mostly. If a person, any person, breaks your ribs while giving you CPR that was needed, they have no liability as long as they did the CPR correctly. Of course, if they decided to do CPR by jumping up and down on your torso, that would be a different story. But if that were the case, the company's potential fault wouldn't change either way. The company's fault would be based on whether or not they provided adequate training.

Meanwhile, one thing that many people don't realize, is that lifeguards are legally recognized as professional rescuers on par with fire fighters, EMTs, and police. This creates a duty to act on the lifeguard's part. Failure to act creates negligence. So, the greater liability comes into play if the lifeguard ignores the drowning victim. Despite the "swim at your own risk" signs, the duty to act is not absolved.

Here's comparable scenario: Imagine you have an in ground swimming pool in your back yard. You take all reasonable precautions. You put up a fence, you lock the gate, you even put up a few signs that warn against trespassing. And you even put up a picture sign of a mean looking dog in hopes of scaring away any young children who won't know how to read. But one day all this fails to be enough, and a five year old climbs over your fence and jumps in the pool. You walk outside and see the five year old drowning in four feet of water. You decide that "well, I put up the signs, no need to do anything, I'll just call 9-1-1. Do you think you're going to escape liability of some kind?

Due respect, but I think you're not clear as to how liability insurance works. For instance, your example of 'good Samaritan laws' refer to potential criminal charges, not civil actions. The insurance company has no interest in such laws, only the contract with the lifeguard company.

Further, your second scenario in which you ask "Do you think you're going to escape liability of some kind?" You don't make clear if you're referring to criminal or civil liability.

The way this would work, assuming the pool owner has liability insurance, is that the if the family of the drowning kid sues the pool owner, the insurance company would defend their client whether he helped the drowning kid or not. HOWEVER (this is the important part), if the kid was drowning at a neighbor's pool, the insurance company would NOT respond. Their contract applies to first pool owner only. Same goes for the lifeguard company. The insurance company will only cover them whilst covering the beach area they are contracted to protect. Go outside of the area, no coverage. Get sued outside of that area for ANY reason, lifeguard company goes out of business. Hence, the rule to say within the contracted area.

The city/county screwed up here by leaving beach area unprotected.

I am on my phone so I had to read it then come back to quote........ He didn't say to adopt the mass healthcare he said to look at it to see how you can work with republicans ..... Now will you progressive Paul hacks shut up?

As normal ignore the truth....I dont care. I am just not going to keep allowing your bullshit lies to go further....If you have to lie or twist a mans words to make a point you didnt have a point to begin with.

As normal ignore the truth....I dont care. I am just not going to keep allowing your bullshit lies to go further....If you have to lie or twist a mans words to make a point you didnt have a point to begin with.

Any point above moron level would be beyond your grasp anyway.

Thats all you have???? Pathetic as all progressives are. And yes I consider idiots who wish the destruction of the country as progressives.

Forum List

Back