So, a uranium company is Toronto is 51% owned by Russians, where were Canadian police?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How many red flags do the rabbit chasing Canadian police need? Let's see, it's a uranium company, not exactly involved in consumer goods, it is precisely owned 51% by a Russian, which means if they are dealing in uranium, they are directly an arm or answer to an arm of the Russian government.

All of this going on in Canada, and where were CSIS, RCMP, Toronto Police or Ontario Provincial Police?

You've neglected to point out the problem.

For example, tell us how much uranium has gone to Russia. Be specific.

Second, tell us why uranium going to Russia would be a problem. After all, they've already got vast stockpiles of unused plutonium that came from disarmed warheads. They want uranium for their civilian nuclear reactors.

How many red flags do the rabbit chasing Canadian police need? Let's see, it's a uranium company, not exactly involved in consumer goods, it is precisely owned 51% by a Russian, which means if they are dealing in uranium, they are directly an arm or answer to an arm of the Russian government.

All of this going on in Canada, and where were CSIS, RCMP, Toronto Police or Ontario Provincial Police?

Why would any of those groups get involved?

No "crime" has occurred.

No "crime" has occurred.

Is bribery a crime? Would large donations and speaking engagements which coordinate with business operations, not raise some eyebrows?

Certainly the circumstances of how a foreign owned uranium company in Canada operates should receive great attention, especially since that country is owned by Russia. The RCMP had a 15 year period in which it laid the lowest number of bribery and corruption charges laid in the West, a TOTAL of two. That's right two charges laid nationally. America and France had many hundreds laid in their respective countries. Appears foreign countries understand this lack of desire to uphold the Rule of Law, and with NAFTA and the Canadian Police on their side, they can achieve their state goals by operating out of Canada, under the noses of American authorities for the most part.

There is a National Security threat posed when any country owns a uranium business on your shores, let alone one owned by Russia. If a North Korean company stated they were opening up a uranium business in New York, would it draw any attention from anyone or would every say "hey, they are just business people" and leave it at that?

Is bribery a crime?

Do you have any evidence of bribery?

That means something beyond "Well, it conceivably could have occurred".

Of course not. What we do need though is those sworn to protect us in Canada, to in fact do so. There are jokes about Canadian police that jokes that the only crimes Canadian police solve are the ones they had their hands in (entrapment, leading criminals, "creating crimes" etc.).

With the many billions paid to the RCMP, OPP, TPS and CSIS, is it too much to ask that they have their eyes on these companies and protect Canada from Russian/North Korea/Chinese/Iranian abuses. The entire company should have known that Canadian authorities were interested in their activities.

No "crime" has occurred.

Is bribery a crime? Would large donations and speaking engagements which coordinate with business operations, not raise some eyebrows?

Certainly the circumstances of how a foreign owned uranium company in Canada operates should receive great attention, especially since that country is owned by Russia. The RCMP had a 15 year period in which it laid the lowest number of bribery and corruption charges laid in the West, a TOTAL of two. That's right two charges laid nationally. America and France had many hundreds laid in their respective countries. Appears foreign countries understand this lack of desire to uphold the Rule of Law, and with NAFTA and the Canadian Police on their side, they can achieve their state goals by operating out of Canada, under the noses of American authorities for the most part.

There is a National Security threat posed when any country owns a uranium business on your shores, let alone one owned by Russia. If a North Korean company stated they were opening up a uranium business in New York, would it draw any attention from anyone or would every say "hey, they are just business people" and leave it at that?

What "national security" threat do you see posed by a Russian company owning uranium mines in the US?

Be specific. What exactly are you worried about?

No "crime" has occurred.

What "national security" threat do you see posed by a Russian company owning uranium mines in the US?

I'm worried about this not being anything at all to do with free market, but government exploitation of my resources. France any many others could use that Uranium, why would I hand it to Russia when they are an open adversary?

Who owned the uranium in America that was sold? YOU owned it, not some company out of Idaho.

I posted some details of this recently. There is a technology company out of Canada (the usual suspects) who have access to military grade satellite technology that includes U.S and European capabilities, wouldn't you know it, a Chinese company (meaning, state company) is trying to purchase it. America was outraged and demanded that it not be sold as it risks to national security.

Canada's response is to offer this for sale WITHOUT A FULL VETTING. We said we are comfortable with the sale. Now, is there anything wrong with this? Be specific. After all, China already has satellite technology.

Of course there is a risk. You need to have borders and protect your advantages against enemy states, of which few seem to call out China as one such enemy state...

Last edited:

No "crime" has occurred.

I'm worried about this not being anything at all to do with free market, but government exploitation of my resources. France any many others could use that Uranium, why would I hand it to Russia when they are an open adversary?

Who owned the uranium in America that was sold? YOU owned it, not some company out of Idaho.

You are confused on a number of issues.

First of all, you seem to be conflating the sale of the mining company with the uranium itself. No uranium was moved from the US to Russia by this deal. UraniumOne does not have an export license. All of that uranium will remain in the US unless it is sold to a heavily regulated export company, which would then sell it on the international market. If France needs uranium, they can always buy some.

Second, it was never "my" uranium, any more than oil pumped from wells in Texas is "mine".

The US has not nationalized uranium mining.

It's more likely Russia was interested in uranium holdings that Uranium One has in Kazakhstan, which presumably could be exported to Russia.

But again, any uranium going to Russia is not giving the Russians any nuclear capability that they don't already possess. It's for fueling their "civilian" nuclear power plants.

No "crime" has occurred.

First of all, you seem to be conflating the sale of the mining company with the uranium itself. No uranium was moved from the US to Russia by this deal. UraniumOne does not have an export license. All of that uranium will remain in the US unless it is sold to a heavily regulated export company, which would then sell it on the international market. If France needs uranium, they can always buy some.

Second, it was never "my" uranium, any more than oil pumped from wells in Texas is "mine".

I see. So they own the mining rights, but not the uranium. How then will they sell it for profit once extracted? They can only sell to America? Of this I don't know.

I do know that Uranium is not like oil because of it's potential to be weaponized. It has and always will be a National Security resource, which is why it required approval in the first place. So, if we have to apply the same standards, then the same of a Canadian satellite technology company to China should be allowed. We all know the reality of communist countries, and thus it shouldn't be allowed.

From the original article which I have read before:

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

The New York Times’s examination of the Uranium One deal is based on dozens of interviews, as well as a review of public records and securities filings in Canada, Russia and the United States. Some of the connections between Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation were unearthed by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at the right-leaning Hoover Institution and author of the forthcoming book “Clinton Cash.” Mr. Schweizer provided a preview of material in the book to The Times, which scrutinized his information and built upon it with its own reporting.

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

No "crime" has occurred.

I see. So they own the mining rights, but not the uranium. How then will they sell it for profit once extracted? They can only sell to America? Of this I don't know.

I do know that Uranium is not like oil because of it's potential to be weaponized. It has and always will be a National Security resource, which is why it required approval in the first place. So, if we have to apply the same standards, then the same of a Canadian satellite technology company to China should be allowed. We all know the reality of communist countries, and thus it shouldn't be allowed.

From the original article which I have read before:

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

The New York Times’s examination of the Uranium One deal is based on dozens of interviews, as well as a review of public records and securities filings in Canada, Russia and the United States. Some of the connections between Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation were unearthed by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at the right-leaning Hoover Institution and author of the forthcoming book “Clinton Cash.” Mr. Schweizer provided a preview of material in the book to The Times, which scrutinized his information and built upon it with its own reporting.

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

They own the uranium, in the sense that they can sell it within the US. They can't take it to Russia, though.

I'm a little confused about your statement that they can only sell it "to" America. That's not how it works - "America" isn't buying that uranium, American companies are.

Uranium is sold internationally and domestically on a tightly regulated market - but it's still a market. It's a commodity, fuel for nuclear reactors, for science or for power generation. Those reactors are, for the most part, private organizations - not part of the government.

The USA is a net importer of uranium, so any uranium mined domestically will be probably be used domestically.

And politifact says "Mostly false" about the Clinton/uranium nonsense.

Did Clinton help Russia obtain uranium for donations? Nope

That NYT article was based entirely on the "Clinton Cash" book, and that book was almost entirely fictional. The article represented possibly the lowest point ever for NYT journalism, competing with the NYT's cheerleading for Bush's war.

Forum List

Back